Xtreme Gaming Network

Setups

Author Topic: Setups  (Read 109103 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: Setups
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2014, 10:43:53 AM »
Can you get the AI to run your setup? ???
I think so. It's a bit of stuffing around with special events.

1. Copy your setup to Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\setups\tatuusfa1 (call it what you like, e.g. imola.ini).
2. Copy folder Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\specialevents\SPECIAL_EVENT_26 to a new folder called SPECIAL_EVENT_99.
3. Edit event.ini in there to change the track, model, cars in the RACE section. Take out all the SKINs (They will be for the F458), and put SETUP=imola for each AI car

Simple, huh?

And then ram into the back of the AIs every time they're way to slow in a corner.
change GUID to 99 as well.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2014, 07:06:14 PM »
Hi Guybrush, Dick here.
anyway. I notice there you only have the one set up for the Robin?? This concerns me. I was expecting to find a great deal more. I came looking for something with enduro racing in mind. Spa 24 hour.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2014, 08:05:20 PM »
Hi Guybrush, Dick here.
anyway. I notice there you only have the one set up for the Robin?? This concerns me. I was expecting to find a great deal more. I came looking for something with enduro racing in mind. Spa 24 hour.

I may have jumped the gun in thinking that after everyone drove the Robin it's all we'd be racing.  I probably shouldn't have deleted the rest.

Actually, after all the RC tom-foolery it broke my setup links.  They are in my folder but the dropbox links are broken.  I cbf re-linking them all.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2014, 01:31:17 PM »
Hi Guybrush, Dick here.

I may have jumped the gun in thinking that after everyone drove the Robin it's all we'd be racing.  I probably shouldn't have deleted the rest.

Actually, after all the RC tom-foolery it broke my setup links.  They are in my folder but the dropbox links are broken.  I cbf re-linking them all.

There might be a misunderstanding. I'm only interested in Robin setups. A 24 hour @ Spa in the Robins is a once in lifetime event. For car and driver..
 Rumor has it, I would find a library, a atheneum, on the Robins setups here?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2014, 04:04:58 PM »
Not sure if 24 hours is long enough to complete a lap in a robbin.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2014, 05:41:52 PM »
Hi Guybrush, Dick here.

I'm angling toward pay-per-setup for the Robin.  There are literally thousandths of a second to be found through careful and specialized changes that only the greatest engineering talent can make.

As the saying goes, there's no such thing as selling ice-free lunch to an Eskimo.  Or something.

There might be a misunderstanding. I'm only interested in Robin setups. A 24 hour @ Spa in the Robins is a once in lifetime event. For car and driver..
 Rumor has it, I would find a library, a atheneum, on the Robins setups here?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2015, 05:19:46 PM »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2015, 07:09:13 AM »
Here's a comprehensive setup guide which might be useful to those dabbling in the black arts:

http://www.racecartuner.com/03/SuspensionCheatSheetV2.htm
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2016, 04:45:25 PM »
Hello :)

Would anyone be kind enough to post a GT86 setup for Nordschleife please.

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2016, 11:43:14 PM »
Tuning the Esky is a great deal of fun. Tuning a GT3 car requires knowledge I can honestly say I do not have.

If anyone wants to share a set with me for either the Audi or the AMG GT3 I will send you a beer :)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2016, 08:11:23 AM »
Tuning the Esky is a great deal of fun. Tuning a GT3 car requires knowledge I can honestly say I do not have.

If anyone wants to share a set with me for either the Audi or the AMG GT3 I will send you a beer :)

I think this Tuesdays pre season run should give peeps opportunity to share some setups, do you have pTracker, this is an app we use, and one feature is in game setup delivery/curating. http://xgn.com.au/index.php?board=47.0
and if you don't yet have it Sin, load the Helicorsa, invaluable.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2016, 06:46:48 PM »

I think this Tuesdays pre season run should give peeps opportunity to share some setups, do you have pTracker, this is an app we use, and one feature is in game setup delivery/curating. http://xgn.com.au/index.php?board=47.0
I haven't got stracker running on the Tuesday server (yet), so setup sharing won't work. I want to see how everything pans out with huge grids before I add more variables.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2016, 10:39:23 AM »

The practice servers always have stracker running so people can share setups there if they like. Even if someone publishes a setup and leaves it will stay there for others.

Offline Max Power

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2017, 12:10:37 PM »
How does one start making a set up? For the upcoming tues league the f138 is going to be all about the setup.

Seeing how there's so many options that all affect each other where do you start? Are there some options you change that are considered "fixed"?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2017, 12:22:31 PM »
How does one start making a set up? For the upcoming tues league the f138 is going to be all about the setup.

Seeing how there's so many options that all affect each other where do you start? Are there some options you change that are considered "fixed"?
The upcoming season is looking like it might be the Praga R1, seeing how the poll is going. But even that car has a lot of setup options.

I start with gears, so I use all the revs by the end of the longest straight. Then wings, if the car has aero and a long straight that would benefit from as low wings as possible.

Then it's looking at understeer vs. oversteer. I usually try reducing the rollbar at the end that needs more grip.

You can use my Tyre Engineer app (thread in the Apps subforum) which helps you set optimum pressure (which varies with weather conditions).

That's a rough guide for starters.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal