Xtreme Gaming Network

S32R7 - Chang International

Author Topic: S32R7 - Chang International  (Read 10008 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S32R7 - Chang International
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2020, 09:46:00 AM »
For anyone interested in a quick edit I put together of the action I saw from last place :P

Freezer - super interesting to see that this is how close you saw yourself from top down.  Check the video and you can see 1:39 wheel straight, 1:40 turn in and helicorsa has your nose aligned to my tail and then 1:41 the gap was gone, and within the next second we came together and helicorsa still has you no more than 1/2 way up the car.

//edit//
don't use the youtube button in the forums - makes the link invalid >.<
Cool video Dave. It's fun to see the race in VR. I tried Crew Chief once upon a time, but I found him more distracting than informative.

On my replay, Freezer wasn't very far up inside, not matching Freezer's view of the incident, but I did see a bit of a sudden kink of Dave's car to the right. It certainly looks like some lag was involved. Because there's some doubt about it, I'll cancel Freezer's penalty, erring on the side of more clear cut blame.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2020, 09:49:27 AM »
Race 1, after a good start, I got bumped and spun by Killa. My heart sank when I ended up nose to the barrier, meaning I'd have to reverse and be clear of traffic first, knowing it was going to eat a lot of time.
Then in race 2, as everyone heard, I decided to start in N instead of 1, and that didn't go too well.
Race 3 was more action packed and entertaining.

But I always had someone to chase and race against, which is far better than lonely hotlapping.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2020, 10:05:27 AM »
This was my take.

Appreciate the outcome wally.  On a side note I have seen Dave's car move around a fair bit this season, he
is often hard to be close to as he surges etc.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2020, 11:41:09 AM »
This was my take.

Appreciate the outcome wally.  On a side note I have seen Dave's car move around a fair bit this season, he
is often hard to be close to as he surges etc.

Looks like Mael's fault to me

Offline davereid

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2020, 11:50:45 AM »
definitely MAels fault :P

its super interesting to see everyone's replays etc. It does go to show that what you see / experience isn't replicated across everyone.

As for my lag - hopefully that will be fixed with NBN coming next month (assuming it doesn't get pushed again) so hopefully that will fix it.

I see on your video how i did jump right, i just looked at my video and i was just turning in so I'm not sure if my lag "jumped" me in there.  Happy for it to be racing incident - no stress for me :) but its informative to see everyone's view that's for sure.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2020, 03:00:31 PM »
Race 1 -> Tested 2nd gear start. Did not work. Luckily due to everyone's good driving my slow start did not cause a massive accident.  ;D  Almost messed up the race at the end as well while trying to let Freezer past, wanted him attack Jarmel who was too quick for me to pass in a straight fight. Hoped as he battled Jarmel I could slip pass

Race 2 -> An early spin at the last corner cost me dearly but managed to recover to 3rd, made easier by frightening AB off the track. However, I paid the price for not having the latest version of the PLP app installed with a cut after the finish line earning a 3 place demotion  :(

Race 3 -> Got lucky and managed to draft past Joe. Freezer then did the hard work of keeping Joe honest allowing a rare win!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2020, 04:40:03 PM »
However, I paid the price for not having the latest version of the PLP app installed with a cut after the finish line earning a 3 place demotion  :(
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I can fix that up. I trust you've downloaded the latest PLP version now???

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2020, 04:49:49 PM »
.... helicorsa has your nose aligned to my....

//edit//
don't use the youtube button in the forums - makes the link invalid >.<

And don't use Helicorsa, it sucks balls. Use Car Radar instead.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2020, 05:25:22 PM »
However, I paid the price for not having the latest version of the PLP app installed with a cut after the finish line earning a 3 place demotion  :(
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I can fix that up. I trust you've downloaded the latest PLP version now???
OK, I've fixed that up, to put Mael in 3rd for race 2.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2020, 07:02:16 PM »
Race 1 -> Tested 2nd gear start. Did not work. Luckily due to everyone's good driving my slow start did not cause a massive accident.  ;D  Almost messed up the race at the end as well while trying to let Freezer past, wanted him attack Jarmel who was too quick for me to pass in a straight fight. Hoped as he battled Jarmel I could slip pass

I was feeling the pressure from behind from both you and AB (i think) for a while , both of you caught up a fair bit through the twisty bits but i seemed to break away on the two corners right before the straights and gained that buffer again.

Had to bail quick just after the start of race 2 . Which was annoying as Race 1 was my most consistent race all year and I think my first podium finish at XGN on a tuesday :). But couldn't be helped had to leave asap.
Gratz on the wins fellas

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal