Xtreme Gaming Network

S7R5: Monza Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S7R5: Monza Post-Race Chat  (Read 8029 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S7R5: Monza Post-Race Chat
« on: June 23, 2015, 07:51:01 PM »
Race Results
Season Standings

Penalties
Race 1: Joe (-4) for being out of control (grass) and hitting Phil.8 in the chicane (+4).
Race 2 start was a bit messy, with just cars stopping suddenly like they always do at Monza T1. I didn't see anything really blatantly avoidable there.

Round Points
Guybrush Threepwood    73
StanDaam    68
Phil.8    62
Matthew111    61
Bacchulum    55
Joe    55
Wally    51
Freezer    47
Bafs17    46
Jeremy    46
Rolz    46
Grubbet    41
Rob    36
Imperious    34
Vipergod    33
Marty    23

Season Podium
1. Matthew111, 276
2. StanDaam, 271
3. Ysu, 252

Team Achilles Heels takes the lead from Struggle Street Racing Crew by just 2 points.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:57:24 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S7R5: Monza Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 09:38:29 PM »
Out early again, no luck at all this season. Race 2 I had no start lights so completely missed the start then got into t1 slowly with some guys having contact ahead and stopping. I needed to slow but got nailed from behind pin-balling between cars ahead and behind damaging front and rear aero. Then to top it off I get to the second chicane and freezers car warps into me from nowhere finishing my car off so I barely made it 1/4 of a lap from 18 with 3 separate issues completely out of my control which really sucks.

This sort of stuff has happened to me nearly every second race this season so the rest of the season should be great fun too. No idea what was going on at the start with the first attempt a car mounting GB's car then the restart for some reason deciding I dont need to see any start lights.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 10:32:11 PM »
First race I definitely caused some trouble. So hard to see where you are going into that first chicane. I braked late was going to hit whoever was in front, so pulled onto the grass with the hope I could slow enough without taking anybody out, but unfortunately spun through the chicane no doubt tagging a few people, sorry to anyone I hit. After that think I was second to last, but managed to get past a few people before the end of the race.

Race 2 on pole with the reverse grid, going super slow though the first chicane keeping my line and got a small tap from behind which pushed me into whoever was to the right of me. Fortunately for me that pushed me ahead and managed to get a bit of a gap. I stayed in front for 6 laps, with Stan and Guy hunting me down, but managed not to loose it under the pressure. Lap 7 coming into turn 7 Guy came flying down the inside overtaking both Stan and me (need to look at the replay as was pretty impressive), I ended up wide and got a shit line meaning Stan got past too. After that had Bacchulum and Phil behind me slowly closing the gap; I decided to do 10 laps before a stop, but they pitted at 9, which was a bad decision for me as I did probably my worst lap due the tyres meaning they came flying past me just as I came out of the pits. I was definitely going to struggle to catch them, so my only hope was they took each other out, (harsh but I wanted my first podium  ;D), which they did. I was then back in 3rd and managed to hold it until the end.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 10:36:39 PM »
Was pretty happy with my qualy lap nailing at the end for pole but was all down hill from there lol

Race 1: Got a bit of friendly fire into turn 1 haha so I fell back a bit and was on the defence with some damage for the first few laps, had some good battles with Jeremy and stan and then just settled for 4th

Race 2: Pretty ordinary race for me, got hit into t1 so had damage again lol put my head down tried to make my way through the field caught up to phil and had a good little battle until I lost my brake marker going into t1 and I couldn't dart left with phil there so i went straight into wally unfortunately, (I thought you came out of that in front of me until we crossed the line and saw you were behind so let you by then). Was like 15th then feeling bad lol and managed to reset my head and work my way back and had some good battles with a few groups of cars on the way back to 5th.
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 11:06:48 PM »
An action packed night's racing for me. No wonder I was the busiest in race 2 - it certainly felt like it. I seemed to have good battles most laps, with side-by-side racing or bumper-to-bumper, and pretty hard and fair too.

Race 1 was a bit messy. I had some trouble picking consistent braking points, and did a fair bit of sphincter-clenching braking, but cut some chicanes with a few warnings when I couldn't pull it up in time. In the dying stages, I slipped a bit on the kerb on the right at that final chicane, and dropped two spots to Freezer and Rolz, to come home 8th, 0.1 seconds behind Rolz.

Race 2 I had some great close racing with Freezer, Grubbet, Bacchulum, Rolz, Matthew111 - a whole bunch of guys. Great race!
After the race, I checked my pedal calibration again, and it had gone off a bit again (I had to check it before race 1). My best race 2 lap time was 1.5 seconds off my best first race lap.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 11:40:37 PM »
Penalties
Race 1: Joe (-4) for being out of control (grass) and hitting Phil.8 in the chicane (+4).

First penalty and first podium all on one right, result! Definitely deserved that penalty  :o Interesting finish by the leaders on the replay too  ;D

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 12:00:57 AM »
Qualified 12 but got a good start, avoided the carnage and by lap two was up to 8th. Continued on trying to be consistent but on lap 7 I seem to have blown the motor . . might have been the odd hard down change.
R2  Again of 12th, Got away well but in the first chiciane despite going very slow got banged around be various cars pin balling of each other.  Got going but in the 2nd chicane suddenly got a whack in the rear from Marty (video shows he warped) and I was facing the wrong way and now last by some margin.  Momentarily thought about giving it away but glad I didn't.  After a few laps I finally caught the field and began picking off people and toward the later part had a great battle with Wally where I slipped by and was able to put a car or two between us to come home 6th which I was pretty please with.... even picked up most consistent (not often my strong point).
Great racing...!

On a side note, when looking at the video it seems that the slightest touch results in a savage impact. . . something that they could improve.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 06:59:45 AM »
That's funny about the warp, Freezer. In my replay, you warped right of the track and then rubber-banded back into Marty. You actually warped, but from your car, it looks like everybody else warped.

Yes, it was great racing. A bit of slipstreaming down the straight... I had yourself and Matthew111 I think it was pass me into T1 after getting a tow, but I was careful to stay left because the pass was clearly on. When I slipstreamed you back, Bacchulum was in the way, going a bit slower into T1 for some reason, but that lead to another fun pack.

Rolz

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 08:30:19 AM »
Hard work to get into a car I haven't really spent much time driving in to doing a race in it... but overall I was happy with my driving... Thank you GB and Marty on your setup suggestions. The biggest contrast was the almost equal opposite Toe configs you were running...

In the end I felt more comfortable in Marty's setup (stick with what I know?), but the times between the two were nothing (had to be less than .100)

GB you have given me food for thought as I have always run toe neg/pos, but now will try pos/neg when trying out a new tune on a new car/track

R1 - got knocked around at the start, but 1st corner at Monza that's to be expected... Still probably my best Monza racing, not my favourite track, but definitely getting better :)

R2 - yeah pitted too early, ran out of fuel coming onto the last lap so went from a knock spin ending 2nd last to get back up to 6th to pitting to finishing 10th...

My Pitting strategy needs to be strengthened, but a few times now I've pitted behind a pack that battling it out to coming out in front when having some fresh air... just the timing is not right.

Will get better at that as I get more practice...

I love the 1 shootout, 1 long race format... though I feel more comfortable now going longer... brain used to melt doing anything longer that 8 laps, but now I can sit in the zone longer... I guess time on the track helps this. :)

Always fun to race with you all! Thanks as always :)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 08:43:18 AM »
Top night of the racings for me!!  :D

First race, had a bit of a battle for the first few laps with Jeremy and Matthew, but eventually they had too much pace for me and so I settled for a 5th.

Second race was full of action and drama at the start, much damage everywhere. Came out of the melee with damage on the front, rear and side but amazingly it didn't seem to effect my speed once it all settled down. I think I preferred the new body tweaks as I even had green deltas through the race. Had a tight fight with Joe, with GB on the rear. Then, as Joe said, GB pulled off an excellent move under brakes that got both of us in one go. I then got Joe after he was out of shape. Consistent race home after that, happy to have one more go in the LaFa. Now I've got to roll out the P1 again (hopefully they've given me some new parts for the electrical system!!  :P)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 09:33:29 AM »
Yeah, good nights racing again after being away for most of the season.

Race 1 I was cautious under brakes into T1 so another car got past me, but I think it was Jeremy and Matthew must have come together or something as I snuck back past on the exit of that first chicane and then just tried to pull a bit of a gap on Marty in second.

Race 2 was fun.  Starting 9th (?) I found myself being mounted by someone else before the lights went out, so thanks for the restart.  It scared the crap out of me though.  At the restart Marty was in front and stationary when the lights went out so I just managed to avoid him - luckily I think he was only a little bit late on taking off so the other cars behind me didn't pile into him.

Then going around T1 I stuck to the outside and almost had to stop due to the traffic (as expected), with Marty doing the same and then Marty got a tap from behind which sent him into Matthew and Jeremy, but thankfully just missing me!

On about lap 2 I was braking into Ascari and noticed a car steaming up the inside so I held my line on the outside and watched Krahl (aka Phil.8) flying by.  After that it took a few laps to catch Stan and Joe at the front and stuck on their tail for a few more laps as I was trying to be cautious that I didn't brake at my usual markers and go into the back of them.  This meant that I didn't have the run out of the corners to get them on the straights though.  But I got a little braver after seeing how they were taking the corners and managed to get a good run out of the second Lesmo and brake up the inside of both of them into Ascari.

From then on I didn't want to mentally drain myself too much so took it fairly easy cruising around trying not to make any mistakes... which I think resulted in me making even more mistakes!

Good fun.  And I also think this is the best race format that we are doing now: R1 = sprint, R2 = reverse grid long race.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 04:43:15 PM »
Race 1 was fairly quiet for me, passed no-one and didn't get passed, a fair result.

Race 2 was a long battle defending from Krahl/Phil.8 until a slight tap spun us both.
Don't fret too much Krahl/Phil.8, it didn't affect my race as I binned it by myself exiting Parabolica a couple of laps later.
My concentration just depleted like a P1 energy store. :-[

Bacchulum was in the way, going a bit slower into T1 for some reason
See above about spinning at Parabolica, Wally. ::)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal