Xtreme Gaming Network

S21R6: VIR Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S21R6: VIR Post-Race Chat  (Read 13070 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S21R6: VIR Post-Race Chat
« on: April 03, 2018, 06:22:23 PM »
RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Kcender87   200
Phil.8   178
Matthew111   124
Keith   112
Jeremy   111
Wally   104
Shayne   69
ab156   67
Grat   66
RussG   58
Freezer   56
buellersdayoff   54
Simone   48
Mael   34
Bacchulum   32
Rob   16
Dave O   15
Dadio   12
Phil   8
killagorilla   0

Congratulations to Kcender on both race wins and the round win, and to Matthew on pole.

Penalties
Race 1 - Simone had an off onto the grass at the end of the back straight and then lost control into the back of Killagorilla. I reckon the impact was as a result of Simone being on the grass, so that’s a racing incident with no penalty.

Race 2 - Matthew and Grat were travelling the same speed down the back straight, but Grat braked too late, tried to avoid Matthew but ended up hitting the side of him, sending him off the track into Phil.8. 30% restrictor penalty for the next round.

Season Podium
Matthew extends his lead over Grat.
1. Matthew.111, 911
2. Grat, 809 pts
3. Phil.8, 762
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 10:35:54 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
Re: S21R6: VIR Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 09:09:43 PM »
Sorry about taking you out Dave O. Rob was braking a lot earlier than I was expecting so I had to get off track in order to avoid running into him. From then on I was just a passenger and couldn't avoid hitting you when crossing the track later. Didn't really care about my f.u. race...yeah sorry about messing up yours as well.
Not blaming Rob of course...100% my fault...I was braking earlier, just not early enough.
I like the track...another new one to me.

Btw., noticed my posts here are not very popular, sorry about this as well...try to shut up as much as possible.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 09:58:32 PM by killagorilla »

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 09:20:45 PM »
Matthew: i was trying to tell you the whole race that your car was going back and forth all the time... like a slow warp, and it was really impossible to follow you without bumping in you all the time. At some point I was attacking you at every corner, but simply because I did not know where you actually were, so I could not brake "behind" you.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 09:35:59 PM »
oh, well. Sorry guys. I am starting to think this is not good for me. Have fun. Cheers all!

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 10:11:27 PM »
Hey camon guys,its a game and we are trying to get entertained on tuesday nights.i think i hit killagorilla and i am sorry i have ruined the fun of both sorry again!!
I had a ball in the second race thx guys!!!

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 10:18:51 PM »
Sorry about taking you out Dave O. Rob was braking a lot earlier than I was expecting so I had to get off track in order to avoid running into him. From then on I was just a passenger and couldn't avoid hitting you when crossing the track later. Didn't really care about my f.u. race...yeah sorry about messing up yours as well.
Not blaming Rob of course...100% my fault...I was braking earlier, just not early enough.
I like the track...another new one to me.

Btw., noticed my posts here are not very popular, sorry about this as well...try to shut up as much as possible.

To be honest Killa I didn't feel any hit, I thought I'd lost it on my own  :o  All good mate  Cheers Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 10:43:10 PM »
After all my moaning about being off the pace in practice, I managed my best result in race 2 - a 5th.

Race 1 was pretty intense, defensively. I managed to put an opening lap pass on Mael in the esses, but after that I couldn't really challenge Russ and Keith in front of me, who slowly pulled out an unassailable lead, but I had ab156 on my hammer the whole race, keeping the pressure on me. I eventually had an oversteer moment which let AB past, but a couple of laps later he made a mistake of his own and I could get my spot back. I hung on despite a couple of enthusiastic "hurry up" taps from AB that gave me more tankslapper practice ;)

Race 2 I was pretty much sandwiched between Keith in front (who was battling hard with Jeremy), and Shayne then Matthew behind me. Less than a second gap front and back, which was pretty intense, and some good tight racing, with zero contacts for me.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 10:44:53 PM »
Your posts are fine! Just say what you want to say. It's good to hear about others' racing experiences.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 10:57:12 PM »
I agree with Wally
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 11:02:51 PM »
I agree with Wally
+1. I do not know what killa is referring to exactly. But I do not think there is any problem with his posts nor I think others think it.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 11:11:00 PM »
As for me: I am sorry if I am disappointing anybody, but I think I should take a few weeks of break. Trying other cars, driving when I can for the pleasure of it. Lately I have only had time for a 40 minutes session on the weekend to try the track and then Tuesday night. So as soon as things get annoying (for any reason: tonight it was nobody's fault... just a crappy connection, I guess) I feel like "right: the only night I can race I can't enjoy it"

So that is it. No hard feeling about anybody or anything, really. All good. But I think I need to do something else for a few weeks. Will keep checking the forum, of course, and probably I'll be back for next season, or at least for parts of it. Hopefully I'll learn how to properly enjoy it again.

As usual: lots of thanks to Wally for the excellent organization.

Cheers!
grat

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 11:16:46 PM »
Managed a pb to get 9th in qual so was happy enough with that.
R1  Got away cleanly but then on lap 2 I out braked myself into T1 and dropped 5 spots whilst on the grass.  Sry to Shayne who was already on the grass and I tapped.
From there the race was pretty steady but I kept having difficulty stopping into T1, car seemed really sensitive to brake pressure . . !
R2 I generally benefited from others sliding off in this race making my way from 12th to 8th.  Could see Matthew and Wally ahead but couldn't really shorten the gap.
Still had trouble with the brakes but managed to keep it together . . . just!

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 11:23:14 PM »
R2 I generally benefited from others sliding off in this race making my way from 12th to 8th.  Could see Matthew and Wally ahead but couldn't really shorten the gap.
Still had trouble with the brakes but managed to keep it together . . . just!

Race one was a disconnect so not commenting on that one. But race two found the same as Freezer, came from the back to 9th place without making any real overtakes. Now only if Simone wasn't there I would have finished much higher up. Nice driving Simone, just could not stay close enough during the long straights to make a decent passing attempt. A hard boiled egg this round since there was no cracking  ;D

Ps: Your karma count is still in the positive Killagorrilla so keep posting away.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 07:55:06 AM »

So that is it. No hard feeling about anybody or anything, really. All good. But I think I need to do something else for a few weeks. Will keep checking the forum, of course, and probably I'll be back for next season, or at least for parts of it. Hopefully I'll learn how to properly enjoy it again.

No worries Grat, I understand if you need to freshen your appetite.

But... I would like to see you race in the final round next week since you are in the championship hunt, out of fairness to Matthew, so he can win it fair and square. After that, you can take a break. Sound fair?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2018, 08:05:26 AM »
But... I would like to see you race in the final round next week since you are in the championship hunt, out of fairness to Matthew, so he can win it fair and square. After that, you can take a break. Sound fair?
I may not be able to anyway, Wally, because my wife asked me to pick her up at work late that night. If I can't make it, I think Matthew should feel like he fully deserved it anyway---aside for the difficulties with the connection, the battle yesterday was really good, with several corners side by side in more than one lap, say from lap 8 onward. And he was the better one there too. I'll watch the replay when I have a bit of time and I suggest to watch it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal