Xtreme Gaming Network

G29 brake pedal issues

Author Topic: G29 brake pedal issues  (Read 6599 times)

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
G29 brake pedal issues
« on: August 06, 2019, 12:54:42 PM »
Hi Guys

Hoping someone might know a fix to my problem with the brake pedal on my G29.

Between sessions my brake pedal seems to change its calibration. I thought it was just me being a noob and not loading up the right car set up before the race starts .

So what happens is normally i push the pedal say about 75% way in before i get a lock up of the brakes, then in the race i have to push the brakes 100% of the way in with all my might (not easy on an office chair with wheels) and be lucky if the brakes lock up at all and obviously I massively overshoot the corner.

I only twigged this was a problem this week driving the merc.  Normally on the back straight i have to use all my might to stop the car,( i brake just after the rumble strip, ABS turned off ).  Then in another session using the same mark the wheels lock up and i can pull up about 10 metres short of the corner  using only about 50% brake pedal travel.

When calibrating the pedal I would only push down far enough on it to get to a sweet spot for resistence . But had me thinking that if i ever push past that it may reset itself to the new travel range, hence why changing sessions would muck it up.
So I re calibrated and pushed down as far as i could on the brake pedal to give it full travel range.  Doing this though is not viable due too much force is needed when braking. And i still struggle to lock up the brakes.

thanks for any help

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: G29 brake pedal issues
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 03:40:11 PM »
I had a g920 previously, the brake has a rubber cylinder in it to mimic a realistic brake. Some people recommend removing it so that it feels like their old g27, I didn't however. Can't remember if in logitech gaming software I set the pedal distance to what feels firm (about 50%, office chair too) as well as in game too. Also not sure if while in game (assetto corsa) there might be independent setting for each car from the right side apps on screen. If it's a fault though it could be hardware or just need a driver/software update or reinstall.

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 05:21:45 PM »
Ditch the rubber. The pedal is auto calibrating all the time so everytime you panic brake and push really hard on the pedal you reset where 100% is and you will have to push that hard to get full brake again.

Also clean your pots.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 06:27:24 PM »
Ah thought so. Thanks for info guys

I did find a setting in the Logitech software for sensitivity , I'll have a crack at that to see if changing that helps otherwise I'll use the clutch as brake till I can get rid of the rubber

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 07:49:55 AM »
And don't press so hard - once the pedal is pressed fully down that is the max braking no matter how much harder you press - it's a pot not a loadcell!

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 09:38:37 AM »
Yeah was mindful not to press to hard, 
For last nights session , I re calibrated it to about 80% travel range, and in between every session i exited the game and reloaded the preset for it, So far so good.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 10:13:04 AM »
I don't ever remember having this auto recalibration issue with mine. Best thing I ever did for my sim driving experience was go to load cell, well worth it.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 10:24:46 AM »
I don't ever remember having this auto recalibration issue with mine. Best thing I ever did for my sim driving experience was go to load cell, well worth it.

+1  8)

I did triples first, then load cell. Two biggest differences. The fanatec wheel feel better but doesn't make be faster; the other two things did.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal