Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 3: Monza Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 3: Monza Race Chat  (Read 98701 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: Round 3: Monza Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2014, 10:06:09 AM »
I've made a couple of small changes to my setup - engine rev limiter and ride height (or suspension height, or whatever they call it).

Does anyone know what the optimum temperatures are for the Grp A tyres?  I figure around 80 - 90 degrees.  I've seen what Kunos recommend but they don't really cover the E30 tyres AFAIK.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2014, 10:10:03 AM »
I've made a couple of small changes to my setup - engine rev limiter and ride height (or suspension height, or whatever they call it).

Does anyone know what the optimum temperatures are for the Grp A tyres?  I figure around 80 - 90 degrees.  I've seen what Kunos recommend but they don't really cover the E30 tyres AFAIK.
I guess that's the right temp range, but don't know for sure. Softs might run hotter?
Did you lower the ride height? I meant to try that, but forgot.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2014, 10:20:43 AM »

I guess that's the right temp range, but don't know for sure. Softs might run hotter?
Did you lower the ride height? I meant to try that, but forgot.

Yep, 4 front and 5 rear from memory.
I'm finding this track is all about braking, and the most difficult part is the entrance to the second chicane as not only is it bumpy as heck but I think it must be slightly off-camber so it has a tendency to throw you off the outside of the track.  That and Ascari are probably my bogey corners on this track.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2014, 12:34:30 PM »
yeah the biggest issue here is that you MUST nail those crucial corners, T1, then the other to the back straight, then of course the last one, too.
Btw I haven't driven a lap since last week...it's about time to pick it up (if you check my hotlap it was done 2 months ago!)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2014, 12:46:53 PM »
yeah the biggest issue here is that you MUST nail those crucial corners, T1, then the other to the back straight, then of course the last one, too.
Btw I haven't driven a lap since last week...it's about time to pick it up (if you check my hotlap it was done 2 months ago!)
Yeah, when the game was much easier. Get practicing, teamie!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2014, 01:01:38 PM »
Yeah, when the game was much easier. Get practicing, teamie!

It was easier?  Really??  Farkenell. 

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2014, 01:46:29 PM »
Makes a good story, anyway.

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2014, 02:04:17 PM »
Im back 
Will i be for this round ?

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2014, 02:25:17 PM »
Well, it might have been easier, but I don't think so.  Although my session best wasn't even in the 04's.  Braking gets me every second corner :(  I need to settle back into braking-with-throttle if I want to make it around more than a lap or two without accidents.  If I just purely brake into a corner, I'm usually covering the full width of the track with the car, it jumps around so much.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2014, 02:32:22 PM »
Im back 
Will i be for this round ?
Yup.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2014, 02:34:25 PM »
Here is my setup, I started with Guybrush's setup but went quite a long way away from that, stiffened it up added some wing and just a few changes all round. He still has me for pace when we were running together but I had him covered in reverse gear racing :) Doing quick consistant laps is much harder on this simple track as an error on any of the few corners will cost .5 by the end of the next straight. You need perfect late braking and perfect exits on every turn so pretty simple really lol.

Did a pb of 2:03.28 but for some reason the RSR app stopped working for me the end of our session. 2:02's are quite possible but far from easy

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2014, 02:52:23 PM »
Is there a set up for the DTM floating around? I need to shave off a small 40 seconds. or so.

come on. not really. It's more like 35 seconds.

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2014, 03:03:37 PM »
It would be interesting to see if the Grp a setups work just as well on the DTM, with some gearing changes.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2014, 03:24:42 PM »
Noticed my setup isnt quite right saved the wrong one lol, cant help too much I guess. You will need to adjust the pressures and cambers if its pushing too much in high speed corners. Also dont go nuts on the kerbs as you will probably flip over with that setup so you need to miss all the big ones.

I also noticed quite a big performance drop with this build, any onscreen app is killing SLI and frame rate take more then a 50% hit same when the text for lap times is coming up on screen as I cross the line. Need to find a way to turn that off as Im going from 170fps to 40fps at random points which is far from ideal.

I havent tried but my DTM setup from last round may be ok here, just need to adjust gearing, and pressures. Maybe stiffen it up a little if you want some control through the chicanes.

Rolz

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2014, 03:25:17 PM »
Well I had a go with Guy's setup and muffed a few corners and was 0.1 off my PB with my bumble setup... that one I was in Zen mode hitting all the corners like a demon... can't wait to get more practice in...

saw Guy, and Marty on the track and oh boy ur fast  ;D

Since the update anyone else having their ac.exe crash on exit?

Also noticed a few times I had serious FPS drops to 24... where usually I'm at 80 at the same spots...
Didn't see and CPU spikes or IO hits so wondering if maybe server was doing anything...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal