Xtreme Gaming Network

Sorry, will be here this round.

Author Topic: Sorry, will be here this round.  (Read 14668 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: Sorry, will be here this round.
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 01:53:52 PM »

Thanks Bird, I am really p*ssed with myself, I letting the team down.
Not at all. It was a fun night irrespective and thanks for organising!

The objective for Thursdays was for a league that was more relaxed than Tuesdays and that allowed us to explored some of the mod cars and tracks. It is achieving that in spades. Missing results now and again doesn't impact the enjoyment of the night.

What I think may be worth learning is that easier tracks may be better in future. I was the one who suggested Suzuka (yes it was me Dick!) but failed to realise that, while it is a fantastic track, it is not a track that can be driven without a lot of learning. A lot of people just want to turn up for a race on Thursdays without spending too much time practising the combo. That is one of the appeals of the format.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 02:27:53 PM »

The objective for Thursdays was for a league that was more relaxed than Tuesdays and that allowed us to explored some of the mod cars and tracks. It is achieving that in spades. Missing results now and again doesn't impact the enjoyment of the night.

What I think may be worth learning is that easier tracks may be better in future. I was the one who suggested Suzuka (yes it was me Dick!) but failed to realise that, while it is a fantastic track, it is not a track that can be driven without a lot of learning. A lot of people just want to turn up for a race on Thursdays without spending too much time practising the combo. That is one of the appeals of the format.
Thanks but it should better.  I had thought you suggested the track and it did what we wanted, tested the track in many degrees... Dick tested it too and excellent feedback, from a 'learn the track' and 'complexity' point, added to the narrowness, we all gained.

It will be used often I am sure, and like I did, Dick will get to grips with it. (sorry no puns or double  double entendres intended)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 08:17:01 PM »
Where do get the "AC Launcher" result screen?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2014, 08:56:34 PM »
It pops up after the race when you exit back to launcher after a race. There is an option to display results screen. Can,t remember exactly where it is - maybe under General.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2014, 11:08:14 PM »
Thanks. I need it for a back up as you know

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2014, 07:03:18 PM »
It pops up after the race when you exit back to launcher after a race. There is an option to display results screen. Can,t remember exactly where it is - maybe under General.
Thanks Gratulin, I had set the option to "Display Compact Result Screen" from the beginning... ARGG you have now save me a lot of anguish, and Bird having to save it :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal