Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R6: Silverstone Race Chat

Author Topic: S4R6: Silverstone Race Chat  (Read 25048 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S4R6: Silverstone Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 01:59:15 PM »
I like mixed car racing.  Maybe a rental system would be fun to try, but that just shifts the debate to how much each car is worth. If you want to set up a rental system, I won't stop you Bird :)

I'd like to try a season in some class of cars that have nearly the same performance, and let everyone choose a car that they keep for the whole season. Season 6 maybe.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 02:05:23 PM »
I like mixed car racing.  Maybe a rental system would be fun to try, but that just shifts the debate to how much each car is worth. If you want to set up a rental system, I won't stop you Bird :)

I'd like to try a season in some class of cars that have nearly the same performance, and let everyone choose a car that they keep for the whole season. Season 6 maybe.

Could be a hypercar series, we will get the mclaren P1 soonish so this will be the 599xx, Laferrari and Zonda R. These cars arent too far apart and could be worth taking a look.

Its also possible to have a series in say the 458, mp412c and f40. The f40 can match the pace of the other 2 in a good drivers hands but the other 2 are quite a bit easier to drive so people could get that choice. Maybe the Nissan GTR could also fit in with these once released but maybe its a bit too quick for them but there will be a corvette coming which could fit in.

Having an F40 is the other dead horse that Bird keeps beating so maybe we can kill 2 Birds with the one stone.  ;)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 02:42:44 PM »
Marty:
Why is it a dead horse in your opinion? 
Sorry Marty, but it sounds like you don't know what the expression means.  It assumes the outcome has already been decided. (it's funny that english is _my_ second language, not yours...)
It is a working system, we've used it extensively, and it's a lot of fun IMO.  Ask those members who were around at the time.

Wally: I can install the system fairly quickly, but setting all details in the program depends on what we want to run.... 
I will put one up to play with.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:48:47 PM by Bird »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 04:05:15 PM »
Bird I'm joking about the dead horse, I dont even know what or how that system works other then you being the only one promoting it. surely because the trading scheme involves your transaction fees  ;D.

Not to be taken too literally, just it seemed like the scheme was falling on deaf ears. I dont care which system is used or how yours differs, if it ends up much the same with people not able to select a car thats too fast but free to chose any slower one Im sure it would be fine and may be better for some. As Wally says it still comes down to how you rate the cars with any system used.

English is also my second language by the way having not been born in Australia.  ;)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 04:23:15 PM »
Bird, I am guessing you have a backup of your old system.

I have a copy too.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 04:37:48 PM »
English is my second language BECAUSE I was born in Australia :))

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 05:11:13 PM »
Bird I'm joking about the dead horse, I dont even know what or how that system works other then you being the only one promoting it. surely because the trading scheme involves your transaction fees  ;D.

Not to be taken too literally, just it seemed like the scheme was falling on deaf ears. I dont care which system is used or how yours differs, if it ends up much the same with people not able to select a car thats too fast but free to chose any slower one Im sure it would be fine and may be better for some. As Wally says it still comes down to how you rate the cars with any system used.

English is also my second language by the way having not been born in Australia.  ;)

All good.  Where are you from, originally?  You seem to have pretty darn good english compared to me (altho I came to Australia as a grownup, so ...)  and yes, heavy transaction fees will be included !!!

Bruce: thanks, I should have a copy around.  If not, then I'll certainly turn to you :)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 06:05:59 PM »
English is my second language.
Silence is my first. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 06:21:26 PM »
I was born in Australia and I speak good at English.

I would also like to see Bird steal a deceased horse... or however the saying goes.  When in Rome???

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 08:00:42 PM »
I was born in Australia and I speak good at English.

I would also like to see Bird steal a deceased horse... or however the saying goes.  When in Rome???
When in Rome, walk like an Egyptian?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 08:01:28 AM »
Did a 2:04.1 on hards, medium fuel in the GTC last night. Is the GTC the car you hated, Bird? It feels just fine to me.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 09:18:58 AM »
Did a 2:04.1 on hards, medium fuel in the GTC last night. Is the GTC the car you hated, Bird? It feels just fine to me.
Nah, it was the mcLaren, but only until I had time to set it up correctly.
The GTC is just a bit finnicky, I can't much catch it with counter-steering, it usually snaps back violently (for me).  But it's pretty good otherwise.  Oh and of course the wandering under braking is really unnerving early on. :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:20:42 AM by Bird »

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 03:51:53 PM »

I have a love-hate relationship with it.  On bumpy circuits it's a real biatch under brakes when you start to lower and soften the springs.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2014, 04:38:23 PM »
Just sent the trophy to the engravers...
Matthew111 is 19 points away from Guybrush. I've told them not to engrave it quite yet.

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2014, 04:45:28 PM »
This will be an interesting race as the faster cars have more of an advantage here than at other tracks.  It could be a battle for the championship down in 10th place.

Dunno about the other cars but that first corner is knife edge stuff in the GX as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal