Xtreme Gaming Network

S5R2: Lotus 49 at Silverstone Post Race

Author Topic: S5R2: Lotus 49 at Silverstone Post Race  (Read 8394 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S5R2: Lotus 49 at Silverstone Post Race
« on: January 27, 2015, 11:16:04 PM »
Race Results
Season Standings

In race 2, Matthew111 got a penalty (-8 pts) for a T1/2 infringement on Bacchulum (+8). It was a close call, but Matthew111 drifted to the left just a little to leave his racing line and hit Bacchulum to his left causing a few incidents.

In race 3, in turn 3, Bacchulum got up inside me and we locked wheels, causing a crash. I had no idea he was there. He probably thought the move was on, but I don't think it really was. That was a racing incident.

Round Points
Guybrush Threepwood    228
StanDaam    188
Wally    184
Marty    168
Bacchulum    161
Rob    144
Matthew111    133
ThyMelman    119
Imperious    114
Grubbet    105
Simone    100
Gratulin    84
Dave O    79
Phil    78
Rolz    65
Vipergod    31

Clean sweep belongs to Guybrush, clearly and consistently outpacing everyone here.

Season podium so far is:

1. Guybrush Threepwood, 228
2. Marty, 216
3. StanDaam, 214
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S5R2: Lotus 49 at Silverstone Post Race
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 07:19:33 AM »
For me, it was a race of the Stan. In race 1, I was chasing Stan, close, but not quite close enough. In race 2, I was chasing Stan, but he remained far ahead of me. In race 3, I managed to get in front of Stan (after an incident, probably), and he chased me hard, often catching up to me, but I managed to stay in front.

It was a tricky track in these cars. There were several corners that I never really felt like I could get consistently right.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 07:57:00 AM »
I never got fully comfortable with my line arpund here either, race 1 after the practuce and qualy sessions lapping slowly on my own it seemed was the first time I was in traffic. I pretty well stuffed 2 brake zones with cars slowing much earlier then I expected. First time I gave Gratulin a bit of a nudge probably damaging his rear wing. Then a few corners later fully locked up and came through the pack very hot luckily avoiding contact.

I went to the back of the pack and started trying to make up for my errors but Gratulin had a big spin ahead of me and I had nowhere to go hitting him hard. This broke my right side suspension front and rear, I limped to pit got repaired and came out just between GB and Stan. I tried to run some laps without holding anyoje up but ended up dead last anyway.

Race 2 and 3 were a bit better though I never got in a qualy lap. Race 2 I saw GB for long enough to get a hint of how to go quicker. Got down to 2:10.2 but GB beat me every lap of the race and I ended up 6 seconds down.

Race 3 I made some poor laps early missing plenty of gears and GB pulled away again. We both had an off with a few laps to go but only the last 4 laps I didnt lose much time to him, in the end was about 6 seconds down again. But had I pushed him more he likely just would have got quicker. Fun çars to drive I just never quite put in a very good lap and was still trying to improve lines and consistancy at the end of the last race.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 08:53:02 AM »
a race of the Stan
Surely a great idea for a new series ha ha!!
I had another excellent night of racing  :D
Managed to get a 2nd in race 1, very happy with that!!. Race 2, I got to stand on the podium again with a 3rd and by the end of the race I could just see GB and Marty in the same straight so I was pretty happy to stay in contact with those chaps. Race 3 was the most fun, had an excellent duel with Wally for many laps, very close, thrusting, parrying, good times!!  ;D
Happy Tuesday night's racings  :)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 09:03:01 AM »
Fun night racing no doubt,but strangely I was too slow. The whole week managed to stay in the low 13s even reaching 12.7 but for some reason I was traveling in the mid 14s(maybe the wine at dinner? :-*)
My best race was race 1 chasing wally but could not catch him.Race two I forgot to qual and started third last but the race was exciting.Race 3 I got involved in an accident in which I t bone someone who was in the middle of the road,i really I had no choice,could not avoid him/her and after that I retired for lack of commitment.
The 3 racing start is a bit too cheesy in my opinion,especially when we have a bit of carnage in the first 3 corner of the race but that's only my opinion,see you next week with the 312T

Thx wally to host the race

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 09:31:23 AM »
Good nights racing.

I managed to pull a little gap in each race and hold it fairly steady.  By the third race my eyes were tired and watering so I lost concentration a few times and had an off coming out of Stowe which was just me being off with the fairies and making a silly mistake.  Marty was chasing me in the 2nd and 3rd race so I had to keep pushing to make sure I stayed in front as he was lapping very quickly.

I think this car is one that you dislike initially, but once you get to know it and how to push it around the track it is a real pleasure.  You can get some nice slides going without feeling like you are on the precipice of extinction.  It's also a car that you can gain a lot of time by handling it correctly and keeping it on edge, as opposed to something like the GT cars where they are fairly easy to drive and there is only so much time you can gain by driving it better.  I really enjoyed it around here, but at the same time I tend to think that about most cars in AC!

Thanks again Wally.

Rolz

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 09:45:20 AM »
Had a shocker... clutch or accelerator was just not working for me with the fluctuating revs...
I had it down to around 90% and then it seemed to level out...

In the end I just couldn't handle that car... basically I suck at driving the Lotus 49, glad that one is now over for the season.  :-\

Will pull apart the pedal system and have a look...

Anyone have cleaning recommendations?  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 09:52:45 AM »
Simone, you may have been a bit slower than expected because track grip was down a bit, especially in race 1. Races 2 and 3 were slightly grippier.

The good thing about 3 race starts is that it rebunches the field.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 10:57:49 AM »
My recommendation is don't clean your pots with WD40 (as tempting as it is), use Contact Cleaner  :D
And also don't eat the yellow snow...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 01:26:19 PM »
My recommendation is don't clean your pots with WD40 (as tempting as it is), use Contact Cleaner  :D

How does the yellow snow come into pot cleaning. Maybe you have consumend a bit too much of it in the past so its always on your mind.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 01:53:59 PM »
Yellow snow or pot?

Rolz

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 02:19:28 PM »

Is that soldier/circuit board cleaner spray? If so then I have that. Thanks!  ;D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 05:39:19 PM »
 :-[ :-[
Sorry to Matthew in race 1.
Sorry to Wally in race 3.
In race 3, in turn 3, Bacchulum got up inside me and we locked wheels, causing a crash. I had no idea he was there. He probably thought the move was on, but I don't think it really was. That was a racing incident.
I never intended passing.
I just had my "easy-cautious-first-lap" braking point 10m further down the track so I was caught napping.
A very average night for me. :(

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal