Xtreme Gaming Network

S5R5: Lotus 98T at Nurburgring - Post Race

Author Topic: S5R5: Lotus 98T at Nurburgring - Post Race  (Read 7449 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S5R5: Lotus 98T at Nurburgring - Post Race
« on: February 17, 2015, 10:42:43 PM »
Race Results
Season Standings

Round Points
Matthew111    226
M8R    207
Bacchulum    192
StanDaam    170
Simone    148
Wally    141
Ysu    138
Rolz    129
Krahl    123
Perch    119
Freezer    106
Grubbet    104
Marty    103
Bafs17    103
G0RGAK    101
Imperious    91
Rob    90
Vipergod    86
Gratulin    24

Congratulations to Matthew111 on the round win and the two race wins.

Season Podium
1. StanDaam, 793
2. Marty, 675
3. Bacchulum, 661
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

Re: S5R5: Lotus 98T at Nurburgring - Post Race
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 10:45:01 PM »
Top race all... 2 weeks away and you realize how much u miss it!

Stayed out of everyone's way... battled the car most of the track... overall thanks!  ;D

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 10:53:51 PM »
I know Guybrush was away for this race but you may as well count that win to his tally as it was his imola setup i used that race, all i did was put the diff power to 55, dropped the front toe a bit and put 13psi tyre pressures. Best car i have driven it was perfect lol it was so damn quick and easy to drive! So yeah im up for more Lotus 98T races haha made up for whats been a difficuly season :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Perch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 11:02:58 PM »
So what'd happened with the server browser was that when Benanas was added to the server it bumped the slots up to 24/24 and I didn't have full server included. I never realised as the last couple of weeks and the first race had hadn't been full. Bummer.  :(

Someone made the point that when I rejoined I let a few people through but I was likely only going to come back and pass them anyway. In hindsight it didn't make a lot of sense but it didn't felt right just to muscle my way into the middle of the field, a lap down myself. I hope I didn't stuff anyone up with my misguided race etiquette!

Both race starts seemed pretty smooth. It's great to be able to race with such a good bunch who all just want a good race. It's far more pleasant than most public servers. Bring on Spa!! :D

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 11:08:00 PM »
Best car i have driven it was perfect lol it was so damn quick and easy to drive!
Probably the exact opposite to my experience.  No practice didn't help but I spend most of my time just keeping pointing the right way and the times are a long way off.....  That said, still had a decent night!
EDIT:  I just downloaded guybrush's setup and jumped back in and took 2.6 second of my time on my first lap......wish I had thought of that earlier!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:29:37 PM by Freezer »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 11:34:55 PM »
I had a good night's racing. In race 1, I was chasing Krahl for a while, but then he oversteered or got the wobbles up somehow into the Schumacher S and spun back onto the track. It's a high speed sequence, so I didn't quite have time to get far enough to the left of track to miss him, and we clipped. I got just enough damage to bend the steering a bit, and dropped 2 or 3 seconds from my lap time. I managed to hold Rob off to finish 10th.

Race 2 was pretty good. I pitted a little earlier than I wanted to, to get out of traffic. In the close, I again had a good battle with Krahl. I managed to pass him on lap 17, on the final corner, turned the boost up to 80% and managed to hold him off to the tune of 0.4 seconds over the line to finish 6th. Again, I was nursing my gearbox with the H shifter, resorting to using the clutch on every downshift as well as upshifts to stop it from dying in its yellow state.

The 98T is a fun, challenging car to drive, very responsive to the throttle, very "alive", but I'll be glad to move on to something else.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 01:29:48 AM »
Enjoyed the car even though I didnt put much practice into it, this round I did a total of one outlap a qualy lap and a stuffed qualy lap prior to race 1. So in the race I just tried to build up pace a little and managed to find a good feel for the car.

Had a bit more pace by the second qualy but didn't really put in a great lap still got somewhere near the front. Had heaps of under steer into t1 running wide and let quite a few by before rejoining. Unfortunately I noticed grubbet warping around a bit but still needed to try get by somehow, while I wasn't even that close his car jumped back about 50m I think and ruined my right front wheel completely so it was no point trying to make it back to the pits and had to retire.

It would be nice if Kunos could do something about the cars that warp at least turn off collision for any car that jumps back and forth losing packets. This way a car that warps wont take others out of the race, I quite enjoyed all the other longer race but now I am done for the season as Im going away for a few weeks.

Have fun the rest of the season and hope to see you all again in season 6.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 09:00:20 AM »
Enjoy your holidays Marty!!

Ok night for me, ups n downs.
 Race 1 went well. Had some good jostlings with Bacchulum, managed to squeeze past him and catch up to M8R sitting in 2nd. I thought I might try for a last corner miracle move (Scottie Mac, Adelaide, Jandal style!!)... didn't quite work, gave it too much jandal... now I'm facing the wrong way... threw it into reverse and went backwards down the finishing straight to cross the line in 4th... all part of the plan!!
 Race 2, dunno what happened in qually but I ended up without a lap recorded and I'm sitting at the rear... Challenge Accepted!! Had a fun race and managed to climb my way back to 5th so pretty happy bout that  :D

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 03:21:28 PM »
Race 1 was a bit silly for me, I cant understand how can I  be so distracted e forget to prepare the car for the race.Qual was a waste,and the race was a ...waste!!  terrible noob stuff!!

Race 2 ... and yes...good competition,and good drive,i had a ball chasing bacchulum I could see I was gaining on him 2 tens of a sec per lap but I could not reach him to try to pass him and do the job so when he pitted I pitted too in complete style ::) but then again he was able to leave the pits well before me,so I put my head down using the 100% boost in the straights and try to get him and in a way I could see him closer and closer and closer until I could almost touch him but then the 18th lap came taking away from me my chance to finish on the podium,Bacchulum deserved a place on the podium as he drove very well

Good racing guys,,,,very good.I love this formula sprint race followed by a longer race with pit stop,it add a bit of salt...  nice wally

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 06:59:00 PM »
Those two just described my races. ;D
Stoked with 2 podiums. 8)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal