Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 6

Author Topic: Season 6  (Read 14123 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 6
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 12:19:42 PM »
so how would you determine who's driving a "slow" car (for extra points) ? Based on your RSR records?
In that case, could you give us that brakedown now, or it's secret material? :)

I'd base it on the lap times of each car type on each round, like I said in my first post. Base it on actual performance.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 12:57:51 PM »
so how would you determine who's driving a "slow" car (for extra points) ? Based on your RSR records?

I'd base it on the lap times of each car type on each round, like I said in my first post. Base it on actual performance.

You know what the problem is there?  If I happen to get into the same car as Guy, I'll never get points...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 01:59:58 PM »
I will make sure tonget a car different to guy as I am 10% slower in the same car normally. Let him take the rocket ship and maybe coming second to him with adjusted points fornbeing 30 seconds behind it will gove me more points.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 10:46:22 PM »

You know what the problem is there?  If I happen to get into the same car as Guy, I'll never get points...

If you're in the same car as Guy, then you'll just get the usual points according to your position.

I will make sure tonget a car different to guy as I am 10% slower in the same car normally. Let him take the rocket ship and maybe coming second to him with adjusted points fornbeing 30 seconds behind it will gove me more points.

That's why car selection is by private message to me ;)

The gap in lap times is not huge, so it's not like you'll get a huge points bonus. You'll only get a little bonus. The points will be 100,99,98 etc. If your car make's best time is only 2% behind Guy's (say, only around 2 seconds) and you come second, then instead of getting 99 points, you'll get 99 + 2% = 101 points. Everyone in that car would get 2% more points. If you're in the same car make as Guy, you'd get 99 points.
That is all assuming Guy sets the fastest lap time in his car.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 10:57:07 PM »
Is it on the fastest time for each car or average time for each car?
Maybe Guy's car won't have the fastest average. ???

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 11:45:14 PM »
That's why car selection is by private message to me ;)

Should be able to get some info in the pre season team meeting.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 08:04:54 AM »

I was thinking of the fastest time, but maybe average time for each car would be better.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 08:54:23 AM »

I was thinking of the fastest time, but maybe average time for each car would be better.

Then Guy will possibly get even more points.  Bah, we can't beat him any way! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal