Xtreme Gaming Network

THURSDAY 12th "1966 Alfa Lightweight at Nords 3 Lapper Celebration Run."

Author Topic: THURSDAY 12th "1966 Alfa Lightweight at Nords 3 Lapper Celebration Run."  (Read 16793 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Hi Flattop, I'd love to join in tonight. Will you need my GUID? Wally already has it but I'm not sure if you guys keep a shared list or something. Cheers  :)

Good, can you send your GUID to Gratulin (and myself, just in case), Wally may do, but better to be sure.
We have a change due to the release of 1.1, it is Alfa GTA to finish off the season.
We are in the process of getting this organised, it will be ready by tonight.
CHeers,
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
I PM'd Perch's GUID.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Perch

• View Profile
I PM'd Perch's GUID.

Thanks for that Wally! I only just got home and hadn't got to it yet.

I'm a little confused. Are you guys running the GTA at Nord instead of the season final race or running the GTA at the originally planned track? Or is it both? What time do you intent to begin? I'm seeing 8pm for Nord, 7.30 prac/8.30 race for the season.
I'm keen to join in on the race anyhow, if you'll have me. I know it's the last race but it's fun night, no? :)

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
I'm getting something called checksum failed when I try to join oshleben any ideas?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
THURSDAY 12th "1966 Alfa Lightweight at Nords 3 Lapper Celebration Run."
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 06:54:58 PM »
Do you have the latest version? Does anyone else have this problem?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Do you have the latest version? Does anyone else have this problem?

Same here. You need to update track/data/surface.ini on the server.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Try now.

I've brought up tonight's race server - Alfa GTA at Oschersleben

server is AUS XGN Cobra Cup Thursday "Mini Season" Closing Round

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
TONIGHTS SCHEDULE

Alfa GTA at Oschersleben:

Qualifying - 8:15pm
Race (10 laps) - 8:30pm

Alfa GTA at Nords Endurance:

Practice/Qualifying - 9:00pm
Race (3 Laps) - 9:30pm

For the Nords race we want to bunch the field up after each lap. Therefore:

The lead car will slow on the start finish line to 80km/h and act as a "safety car". Once the last car crosses the start finish line THAT CAR will give the signal on TS to restart the race.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Sorry for any confusion, lets blame Kunos' v1.1  ;D
(actually it is me  :-[ )

A HUGE thanks to Gratulin for picking up the ball and kicking the winning drop kick in for a 6 point goal!

(Sorry couldn't use the silly 'football' analogy of 'running with the ball'!)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
It was surprisingly good fun to muck about on the nords in that modern alfa.  Good thing we didn't take it any seriously :)

The Nords is absolutely stunning.  And this is coming from someone who's not a fan of Nords at all.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Yeah, the Alfa 4C is a real surprise package. The real life car gets excellent reviews so shouldn't be a surprise that Kunos captured that quality.

I think turning damage and penalties off for the Nords run was essential for the fun.

I am a bit embarrassed by the intimate relationship developed between mine and Perch's cars however :D

Offline Perch

• View Profile
I am a bit embarrassed by the intimate relationship developed between mine and Perch's cars however :D

It must be all that passion and soul Italian cars are know for :P We were right up in each others grills haha.

Great fun night. I'm smitten with that GTA. Lift off, chuck it in, and then get her wide open. I think that track really suit the car are there was so much space to pull up those big slides. Such a blast. It's also gorgeous. I love those huge headlights. I couldn't help but take a few screenshots today.

Also looking forward to some more time in the 4C. I was expecting it to be a bit dull like so many of the Lotus' but it feels so fast and it tears through bends. Awesome fun and the laid back cruise was good fun too. It's good to just dick around with others on track sometimes.  :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:57:06 AM by Perch »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
I'm with you on both counts Perch... I have been hanging out for content like the GTA, for me I could flog this until another like car joins the stable then onto multi car seasons.  8)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
The GTA definitely felt like it was on 3 wheels at times, and seeing some screenshots about the place, it definitely looks possible.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal