Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R1: Nurburgring Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R1: Nurburgring Race Chat  (Read 23918 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S6R1: Nurburgring Race Chat
« on: March 17, 2015, 11:28:48 PM »
Here's the grid I have so far for this round:

Bafs17
Benana
EdWood
Freezer
G0RGAK
Grubbet
Jeremy
Joe
Krahl
Marty
Matthew111
Perch
Rob
Rolz
Shameless
Simone
StanDaam
UnFknBLievable
Vipergod
Wally
Wobblyone
Ysu

I have car selections from the following people so far:

Benana
EdWood
Freezer
Gratulin
Grubbet
Joe
Krahl
Rob
Shameless
Simone
UnFknBLievable
Vipergod
Wally
Ysu
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 06:27:03 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S6R1: Nurburgring Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 06:01:47 PM »
Did my first practice runs in the season cars to see how they compare for me, here are my times in all the cars at Nurburg done on the practice server today.

I think the M3 Group A will be an unlikely choice for anyone as its clearly the slowest and thats on the soft tyres which it cant race on so will be a fair bit slower again in the race. The E30 DTM would be a better match up to the Merc which is clearly fastest of this by a fair bit.

I did do a race on the server in the merc however and its at a disadvantage to the 458 as it has the straight line speed advantage over it so a good driver in this makes for a fun race. F40 really is quite similar to the 458 and both of those Im sure I could go much quicker same as the KTM which I didn't do as many laps in.

Will be an interesting car choice as any longer faster tracks the F40 or 458 are the go, but for something twisty the Merc is probably best.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 06:03:28 PM by marty »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 07:02:29 PM »
Several second faster than me even in the slower cars. Need more practise :)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 07:30:38 PM »
We rely on someone taking Marty out :))

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 07:36:01 PM »
On RSR, the DTM is generally quicker than the Merc again. We'd be falling for "faster and faster car" creep.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 07:40:00 PM »
Yeah I reckon the merc is already outclassing the other cars a bit, But we're going for fun.  If your fun is to lap alone, then take the merc.
If your fun is challenge, then take the bimer.

;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 08:17:03 PM »
Yeah I reckon the merc is already outclassing the other cars a bit, But we're going for fun.  If your fun is to lap alone, then take the merc.
If your fun is challenge, then take the bimer.

;)

Amen to that, brother.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 09:00:55 PM »
I will need to try the BMW DTM there as it seemed slower then the Alfa and Merc when I ran a server with the 3 of them at Silverstone national. I think it has been slowed down a bit since v1.1 and checking RSR the few quicker times in the m3 dtm are all before the 11th which was when v 1.1 came out.

The e30 grp A is actualy the most fun car of those to drive but will really struggle against the others on med or hard tyres needed for the races. Even the Merc wont have as big an advantage on race setup on med or hards depending on race length. With the 458, f40 and ktm all running semi slicks all the time and just the race cars having a set of softs that may gain an extra second in qualy.

Still even though I ran the Merc and was a couple seconds faster then 2 guys in the 458 I didnt win the race and drove the wheels off the thing, the 458 gets a big jump off the line and so may still be the better race car of this pack. Its very hard to pass if someone drives a good line in it and doesnt make a mistake.

Its an interesting mix of cars as outright lap pace isnt always the thing that will win races, top speed on some straights may be better and really mix the racing up a little with this mix.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 12:54:46 AM »
Good time in the mercedes Marty ...I was happy to hold the record for a few days at 11.4..,,my five minutes  of fame over lol...if I can ever sort out my damn wheel ff issues I might continue with this game, one minute feels good next minute 4 seconds off the pace :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 08:29:28 AM »
What FFB issues are you having?

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 06:21:26 PM »
What FFB issues are you having?

Was having problems with my g27 really bad lap times  whether it was lag or what dunno...then would start to not centre after a few laps, also no matter wat settings had no feel...they decided it must be knackered as no amount of re install etc etc made it better...plugged in old g25 knocked 7 secs a lap off my times at nurb gp, felt great as I remember sims should feel...now no feel and need to turn the wheel a lot more to get same steering lock....feels gross...frustrating to say the least.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 06:40:31 PM »
I'm no Logitech expert... maybe someone else here can help you.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 06:42:04 PM »
What wheel do u run wally?

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 07:10:05 PM »
Yeah as i pointed out earlier the BMW has had its performance cut down a lot in a recent update, all those wr times for the DTM would be from the old version of the car. I did a 1:54:8 at imola pre update now it can only do a 56.2
do you even motorsports?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 07:10:15 PM »
I assume you have done all the basic things to fix the problem?

1. Re-install Logitech profiler and let it detect G27 from scratch.
2. Move G27 to different USB port.
3. Check that rotation is 900degrees in profiler
4. Initially select one of the G27 predefined profiles in AC.
5. Go through calibration wizard.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal