Xtreme Gaming Network

[UPDATED] Keeper Tracks for Assetto Corsa

Author Topic: [UPDATED] Keeper Tracks for Assetto Corsa  (Read 34608 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: "Keeper Tracks" for Assetto Corsa
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 07:48:06 PM »
I think the nite last nite seemed to go quite well, trying a few different track in a larger group. This gives more people a chance to try something else they may not have otherwise and we can run a quick bug test to see if they are suitable for a proper league race or not. May be good to do one of those each month or so maybe on an odd nite not tuesday or thursday or on any of those nites when regular leagues arent running.

With all on TS we can even just do it on the spot with people suggesting something to try giving us a link and putting it up on a server for a test. Its something I have done with Guy, Dick, Phil and Ed on a couple other days just running a bunch of tracks.

Its great to have Dick on a test nite as nobody has a worse computer so if it runs ok for him it will be fine for all others.  ;D

I think once updated Baskerville will be well worth adding just needs a bit of finishing, there are a few tracks Im keeping my eye on and also well worth checking out Lipo and Sentel tracks. I was going to run at least one of those last nite too but only so much you can do without doing an all niter.

The scratch made Donnington is also well worth checking and keep an eye on scratch made Istanbul and Montreal but all those are not quite ready but should be in a few builds.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 08:30:21 AM »

@Wally @Bird is there any way you can make a "ratings" type thread where we can put the names of all the mods up and we could rate each one out of ten or similar?

We could create a sub-forum under AC for track ratings, and have a poll for each track, with options being your rating 1 to 5. Its not so easy to sort by track ratings then however. What do reckon Bird?

There maybe a mod to do it.  I'm not willing to fuck around hours for nothing, tbh I can't be bothered with it, every track is good & bad just ask a different person.   Run what you think, Wally, as usual :)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2014, 09:19:42 AM »
Yes Bird. Just weed out the bad ones and come up with a list of the tracks that can be used in leagues. I'll maintain the list in the first post and Wally and Flattop can use that to save time choosing tracks if they want. People can reply with new tracks worth a look.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2014, 09:26:52 AM »
In terms of bad tracks id say the ones that run like crap, have holes, dont work in mp or have very limited grid spots.

In terms of track layout there are lots of different opinions and I think in a league you may need to race some you dont particularly like. We just cant run tracks that have issues with most peoples computers and obviously dont want to run very poorly made or ugly tracks either.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2014, 09:47:43 AM »
Yeah I can't stress enough how awesome it is to be able to try so much content with ease. At no cost. That is awesome. Love it.

But what I'm after is AC standard in looks, feel and compatability.
Having holes and bad physics are a instant fail. No matter how pretty and cool the layout is.
Then if it passes that test. Is it pretty to look at. Faithful to
The real life track. Or  believable if it's a fantasy track.

I would much rather do a official track twice a season than a so so modded track.

Maybe reverse grid for the second time we see a track in a season.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 11:51:03 AM »
Apparently the update has helped a lot with frame-rate Dick so you may be able to run some of the modded ones a little better.

But yeah, hopefully we get a "trickle" of modded content so we can test it all out.  The modded tracks are never going to approach Kunos level though unless they use laser-scan and work on them full-time.   And more than likely the guys that have the ability to create Kunos like content are already employed getting paid to do it or between jobs for a short time.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2014, 08:33:37 AM »
After the drop of 1.0 RC, So far I've had awesome performance, to the point of incredibly awesome performance.
Last night on Blackwood, which wasn't always the best as far as CPU warning go. But now not a single warning, I didn't get any lag. Didn't warp as far as I could tell, I did see 1 or 2 warps, but they where monster pings.
   Then on Spa, again silky smooth with quite a large grid. I might have dropped under 60 FPS once or twice but no biggies.
So will love to try I think Gentrack again. I think that was a bad CPU hogging track. There was one track in particular pretty much all of us had some kind of performance issue and even the big rigs among us had to cut back on a few pretty sliders.

I'm still trying to get rid of FFB clipping without loosing any feel. I want to feel a heavy wheel, not a toy. That's one thing with the G27 is the actual wheel size, It's a bit small yeah?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
"Keeper Tracks" for Assetto Corsa
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2014, 09:28:45 AM »
I get 20%-30% increase in FPS when I turn PP off. How does that affect you?

Regarding FFB versus steering feel. The G27 uses dual motors so there is always going to be a small deadline at the centre position to stop the motors burning out due to fighting against each other. The small wheel should increase steering weight except that the weight of the G27 wheel is limited by the motor strength.

The biggest improvement in feel I got was as a result of 3 settings:

1. Turn down Gain to 70-80 from 100 in launcher to avoid clipping (thx Bacchulum)
2. Turn up Damping to 10 from 0 (thx Wally)
3. Turn up Slip to 30 from 5 (thx Guybrush)

The first 2 make the wheel feel natural and avoids loss of control at the limit or over curbs. I had not realised that I was spinning due to FFB spikes rather than bad driving ;)

Slip is an artificial feel but gives great feel of the breakaway point of the tires under brakes and in corners. This allows me to drive closer to the limit without spinning or losing traction too much.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:44:05 AM by Gratulin »

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2014, 09:53:17 AM »
  I just looked at my graphics settings. I've left them as is from the re-install. All last night no drama and i've got world detail maxed, shadows on high, AF x8 AA x2
PP on! which surprises me as I never used to like the look of it. All it's sliders are at 'normal' all boxes ticked. Normal mirror res. low reflection quality and static render frequency.
  I could never run settings like that before 1.0

I will mess around more with my FFB settings. Guybrush is the one who ruined me by making me turn everything up to 200% so I actually get a sweat up and blisters... I'm talking about FFB settings.

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2014, 10:26:20 AM »
  I just looked at my graphics settings. I've left them as is from the re-install. All last night no drama and i've got world detail maxed, shadows on high, AF x8 AA x2
PP on! which surprises me as I never used to like the look of it. All it's sliders are at 'normal' all boxes ticked. Normal mirror res. low reflection quality and static render frequency.

I will mess around more with my FFB settings. Guybrush is the one who ruined me by making me turn everything up to 200% so I actually get a sweat up and blisters... I'm talking about FFB settings.

I told you you wouldn't be able to handle my force.

I still say the best thing you can do as a G25/27 owner is to buy the GTEye brake spring, or similar mod.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2014, 10:53:48 AM »

I still say the best thing you can do as a G25/27 owner is to buy the GTEye brake spring, or similar mod.
But doesn't your knee joint now resemble two sticks of chalk being squashed together?

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2014, 12:59:13 PM »

But doesn't your knee joint now resemble two sticks of chalk being squashed together?

To an extent, but most people's knees are better than mine.  If I could completely rest for a few weeks it would likely get a lot better.  But 3 weeks with no AC?  C'mon!

Marty and some other are using the GTEye without traumatic and horrific injuries AFAIK.

Offline norbs

• View Profile
    • Non Pro Cycling
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2014, 05:36:44 PM »
Sentul and Salzburgring are great IMHO.
ARSE, cyclist and midget wrangler.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2014, 07:07:34 PM »
Sentul and Salzburgring are great IMHO.
Forgot about Salzburgring. We had great racing in the Cobras around there. We learnt how to spin them on that circuit.

Added both to OP.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2014, 01:21:58 PM »
Catalunya updated to 1.3

Not mentioned in the update notes but it has collidable objects - 2 that I can find - the corner posts. The posts roll down the road once you have knocked them over.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal