Xtreme Gaming Network

First XGN/ARSE challenge - 458 GT2 and Cobra, Tuesday Nov 11

Author Topic: First XGN/ARSE challenge - 458 GT2 and Cobra, Tuesday Nov 11  (Read 81277 times)

Offline norbs

• View Profile
    • Non Pro Cycling
Re: First XGN/ARSE challenge - 458 GT2 and Cobra, Tuesday Nov 11
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2014, 01:59:42 PM »

Big Thanks to norbs & Wally for all the organising & to XGN for use of their server to host the event

To be fair, Wally has done 95% of the work.

Thanks Wally.
ARSE, cyclist and midget wrangler.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2014, 02:36:09 PM »
I've updated the first post with ARSE skin download links.
Thanks.

So now we've got all the arse skins and the dick skins, too.   Good start....

Im confused so its now a Dick vs Arse battle, the Arse skin says 1000 on it maybe they think its an enduro or something.  ;)

Dick has hardened up the kitty by giving it the finger, hang on that sounds so wrong again. Our resident Alien has abandoned XGN maybe he is racing under his real name at ARSE tomorrow. I know his moves so should be able to pick it up especially if trying to get a draft off him down the straight. ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2014, 02:50:35 PM »
Wally I just saw there is an XGN Arse practice server up with the Cobra, if you want I could host both practice servers up on my server as the smaller instance wouldnt be able to do both at once. If you pm or email me both the ini files I can put them up then you can just do the race server later tomorrow and I will keep up the practice servers until then.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2014, 02:53:27 PM »
Thanks.

Our resident Alien has abandoned XGN maybe he is racing under his real name at ARSE tomorrow.

Pretty sure Dick is racing tomorrow for XGN under his alias.  Don't let them know that though or they might be throw in the towel now.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2014, 03:02:51 PM »
Thanks.

Our resident Alien has abandoned XGN maybe he is racing under his real name at ARSE tomorrow.

Pretty sure Dick is racing tomorrow for XGN under his alias.  Don't let them know that though or they might be throw in the towel now.

I was kind of hoping Dick snuck into the ARSE under his Alias, hed be more of a help to XGN that way.

Guy did you want to run some laps on the practice server, I likely wont be around but seeing as Wally has put one up pre booked maybe I could just leave them open but password them up with a selection of the skins if you want to jump on and give a few of our guys a hand or just shatter their confidence a little more whichever you prefer.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2014, 03:05:50 PM »
...Dick has hardened up the kitty by giving it the finger, hang on that sounds so wrong again...

Nono, it's correct. 
A long enough finger will stiffen a kitty very well.  Which reminds me of the basic kitty carrier tool...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2014, 03:08:29 PM »
Wally I just saw there is an XGN Arse practice server up with the Cobra, if you want I could host both practice servers up on my server as the smaller instance wouldnt be able to do both at once. If you pm or email me both the ini files I can put them up then you can just do the race server later tomorrow and I will keep up the practice servers until then.

I'll do that tonight. I was letting the arse guys check if they could join ok.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2014, 03:19:53 PM »
I have put a couple server up "XGN ARSE practice server" setup as the race will be but just using the regular XGN password, you can keep yours up too maybe so ARSE guys can check their GUID's to make sure its all good for tomorrow nite. This way if other XGN people want to run some laps but arent in the race they can. I saw Guybrush maybe wanted to run some laps tonight and give some of our guys a few tips if needed, I wont be around later so will likely just keep it as is without the GUID's so both tracks can be run.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2014, 03:53:40 PM »
Yep I'll be around tonight if anyone wants to run a few laps.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2014, 06:14:16 PM »
Server is UP.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2014, 07:31:11 PM »
Good luck people
Dick if you could race as good as you skin we are all F*#%@D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2014, 10:44:30 PM »
It was really good fun.

Sorry about my track return after the cobra accident I'm not sure who I managed to eff up but I'm truly sorry - I was planning on crossing quickly to the other side and slowly starting up there.  But the cobra had other ideas...

I was getting really itchy after watching the whole field pass by, and I thought I can do it.  Wrong.

Offline Aiman Haziq

• Karts are the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2014, 10:47:46 PM »
Great Race!!!! Managed 1st for cobra and 2nd for 458... It was close race with ARSE guys. I was so pressured being in the lead in cobra race huhu..Other XGN guys did well also.
some pics :D more if want.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2014, 11:00:14 PM »
Those screenshots look rather bleached...:)

Btw I hate the replay for one thing.  I can't tell which car I'm watching.  :/
You should be able to select the car by driver name from  a list - say on the side of the screen.  Meh.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2014, 11:05:26 PM »
Sorry guys had a shocker tonight, pc was also playing up with bad stutters and I just noticed someone was messaging me on steam. Thought I had all that crap turned off but did hear some odd beeps and race 1 it wasnt too bad but race 2 my fps ended up dropping to 10fps. Never have had any performance issues but I will have to make sure all that steam crap is turned off as I though it was.

Had not a great race in the Cobra but ive never really liked the car too much so just churned some laps, had a crash when one of the Arse guys lost it at Blanchimont and I guessed the wrong way not managing to avoid his spinning car.

Race 2 had a poor qualy never getting a lap without traffic and unfortunately hit weeman on the last lap as he slowed more then I expected but he also had a slower car ahead of him.

In the race I had a coming together with Astro on lap one, I had understeered a little wide at Brooklands he got inside me I was just off on the astro, then holding 2 wheels on the kerb at Luffield and he turned in with my nose still inside and so we had a collision. I  also stuffed up and kept on the ss but then the PC got worse with the stutters and I managed to get airborne off the inside kerb at Woodcate and ended up retiring from the race dead last with shot tyres by lap 6.

Pretty much my worst race night so far so sorry for letting the team down  :-[

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal