Xtreme Gaming Network

Racer Introductions

Author Topic: Racer Introductions  (Read 324871 times)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Racer Introductions
« Reply #420 on: June 24, 2021, 06:29:14 PM »
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline TRCB

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 24, 2021, 06:42:07 PM »
All good, got it an managed to hop on the server.

Just setting up pushtotalk etc , had helicorsa already, and just installed the pitlaneapp too. Might sit out on this one tonight as its zero hour notice on a kart (never driven one on AC?!), unless its a casual thing and you dont mind me being all over the show.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 24, 2021, 06:44:44 PM »
All good, got it an managed to hop on the server.

Just setting up pushtotalk etc , had helicorsa already, and just installed the pitlaneapp too. Might sit out on this one tonight as its zero hour notice on a kart (never driven one on AC?!), unless its a casual thing and you dont mind me being all over the show.
Please jump on, its a casual night ;).
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline TRCB

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 24, 2021, 09:03:16 PM »
Fun, thanks all!

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 01, 2021, 09:13:59 PM »
I will jump in here for those that don't know me. I was the guy who looped it at turn 4 lap 1 race 3 at PI last tuesday. Sorry. It was my intention to keep you all double staggered until further around the lap ha. P.S I hate reverse grid, I usually just move over ha.

I joined xgn in 03/04 jumping on with an old Black Hawk Down crew who were a good fun squad and played competitive multiplayer. Around 2004 or 2005 myself and Ayerton decided to check out Live for Speed. We started racing for fun with the people from A.R.S.E forum and with some gents here named PK and Basha who ran an I.T shop off one of the navy bases in Vic. We started getting more heavily involved with LFS and the now old GT Legends. Monday Night Racing was born thanks to the efforts of some like minded people and we regularly had some healthy rivalry with the 7 or so Australian based LFS teams. Pretty sure there was a Bird called YSU who seems to run the place now.
Not sure what happened to PK and Basha, I disappeared into the wild, had a brief period to play ac in 2015/16 until I got moved away again and now I am back to race and learn from others about setting up the car.
I am former military, studying a diploma of aviation and hoping to do a engineering degree after that depending on work location/s.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 02, 2021, 12:39:43 PM »
I will jump in here for those that don't know me. I was the guy who looped it at turn 4 lap 1 race 3 at PI last tuesday. Sorry. It was my intention to keep you all double staggered until further around the lap ha. P.S I hate reverse grid, I usually just move over ha.

I joined xgn in 03/04 jumping on with an old Black Hawk Down crew who were a good fun squad and played competitive multiplayer. Around 2004 or 2005 myself and Ayerton decided to check out Live for Speed. We started racing for fun with the people from A.R.S.E forum and with some gents here named PK and Basha who ran an I.T shop off one of the navy bases in Vic. We started getting more heavily involved with LFS and the now old GT Legends. Monday Night Racing was born thanks to the efforts of some like minded people and we regularly had some healthy rivalry with the 7 or so Australian based LFS teams. Pretty sure there was a Bird called YSU who seems to run the place now.
Not sure what happened to PK and Basha, I disappeared into the wild, had a brief period to play ac in 2015/16 until I got moved away again and now I am back to race and learn from others about setting up the car.
I am former military, studying a diploma of aviation and hoping to do a engineering degree after that depending on work location/s.
Bird (Ysu) still lurks around somewhere in the background. He raced for a while recently, but gave it up a few years back. You might also remember 9metal-x, who is now Simone.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 04, 2021, 04:35:30 PM »
I certainly do remember 9metal. It seems so long ago lol. I miss Diggazz. He had a soothing voice in the middle of a joint ops crisis. And my medic Ayerton, who I can't even find anymore.

Offline rpo83

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 30, 2022, 07:56:20 AM »
Hi Guys, there seem to be a few names from the old days. I am currently building a new rig and looking forward to getting back into sim racing. It will probably be a few months before i'm up and running, waiting for the asetek wheel base to arrive :)

I started way back in GT Legends and HistorX, so i'm looking forward to discovering what the best mods and tracks for AC are, and then relearning how to drive and how to use AC.

Hope to see you out on the track sooner rather than later..
Cheers

Steve

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 30, 2022, 08:24:18 AM »
Hi Guys, there seem to be a few names from the old days. I am currently building a new rig and looking forward to getting back into sim racing. It will probably be a few months before i'm up and running, waiting for the asetek wheel base to arrive :)

I started way back in GT Legends and HistorX, so i'm looking forward to discovering what the best mods and tracks for AC are, and then relearning how to drive and how to use AC.

Hope to see you out on the track sooner rather than later..

Hi Steve. It's always good to hear from one of the old names, and we look forward to racing with you again. We also have a Facebook page where you can keep an eye on some of the action.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Panther_NZ

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 18, 2023, 05:12:45 PM »
Hi All,
New to the forums/XGN, but not new to Sim Racing.  I used to do the old time GPL back in the day, and really loved the lower classes like the 1.5 litre 66 mod, and later I moved to rFactor where I helped get the NZ tracks Teretonga, Timaru (Levels) and Ruapuna created, which involved getting the track blueprints, taking trips to the tracks and walking with a camera (no decent cameras on phones back then). I had also raced in the NZ classic car club when I was around 20, and knew those 3 tracks from racing on them.  I stopped sim racing then moved to Aus in 2011, got a wheel, but being an interstate truckie, was never home long enough to warrant setting the wheel up. We purchased a house and the first thing we did was built a mancave by converting the carport. I only intended on it being a place to display the model cars I paint/build and a workshop to work on the cars.  I've since added a race seat to the room to have the wheel permanently setup, and a Scalextric digital slot car track that sits on a 4.8m*2.4m table with a 25.6m lap length.
I only really got Assetto Corsa to be able to design the artwork for the models/slotcars so I can get the decals printed. That kicked off the sim racing bug, but I really wanted something that I related to, to drive, the Toyota Racing Series was high on my list, but in rF2, which I just dont really enjoy.
Thanks to striking up a rapport with Gzerod, we now have the FT-60 Tatuus in game, the FT-50 on the nearby horizon and some of the other Formula Regional series as well, to keep the Europeans happy. Im stoked to see how good a job G0D did on the car and physics. I havent done alot other than be a pest to g0d.
You can thank (or blame) g0d for me coming here, I was asked to cut some laps on the server on the weekend to test the FT-60. I'm still surprised my 11 year old Fanatec Porsche GT3RS wheel still works, though the shifter doesnt. Anyways, thanks for having me along. I'll try joining in some fun races when I am able to.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 18, 2023, 06:54:40 PM »
Hi Panther, welcome.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal