Xtreme Gaming Network

S28R1: Hockenheim 60's

Author Topic: S28R1: Hockenheim 60's  (Read 22358 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S28R1: Hockenheim 60's
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2019, 05:30:35 PM »
We discovered on Thursday with dodgy setups with raised fronts and low rears the cars are a lot faster on the straights,  well its not really dodgy but apparently the heights in AC mean nothing,  seanus could explain more, but anyway I am starting to think AC is not as spot on as I thought regarding been realistic if you can do setups you would never do in a real car to go faster.

Admittedly the car on Thursdays is a mod car, but a pretty good one I think, but gaining 10-15 kph just by changing heights doesn't seem right or realistic to me and if heights don't mean anything who know what the other setup changes really do change
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2019, 06:24:26 PM »
KCender really should be your reference.  I just had the chance to do a bit of practice.  I haven't properly tried it but I think getting the Lotus up there in time is probably more of an achievement.

And...points are only handed out on Sunday... Or Tuesday as it were.
Was just using you because you've done 310km/h in the Ferrari and I can just get 307km/h sort of flickering at best...sometimes. I think I'm doing not so bad in the curvy area, but top speed is a problem for me as the Eagles are so much faster...in the areas where overtaking is actually possible....then take slip stream into the equation...yeah, not good at all.
Well, I'll try the Lotus later today and see if I can get that one it a bit faster. With the Ferrari I'm at my wits' end...and skills of course ;-)

So why should I use kcender as a reference again? It seems you've had quite a break from sim racing (may have raced elsewhere, dunno), "...just had the chance to do a bit of practice", then the shifter issue on top...yeah, don't really get it ;-)
I can only get 309km/h in the eagle after many attempts . . so with those extra 2km/h I will blow past you! :) :)
Haha...with the Eagle I get to 310 twice...with the Ferrari I'm getting to 306/307 on the first straight and then 303/304 on the 2nd. I guess, if I have a Eagle behind me adding slip stream the difference in speed will be enough to not have any chance to defend my position. Then back in the stadium you can probably forget about overtaking anyway :-)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2019, 06:52:29 PM »
KCender really should be your reference.  I just had the chance to do a bit of practice.  I haven't properly tried it but I think getting the Lotus up there in time is probably more of an achievement.

Was just using you because you've done 310km/h in the Ferrari and I can just get 307km/h sort of flickering at best...sometimes.

Look at the power and torque curves and set your gearing around that.  Just because you've got room to move in top gear (5th) doesn't necessarily mean you will go as fast as a shorter gear that peaks at the right engine output.  :)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2019, 08:20:30 PM »

Was just using you because you've done 310km/h in the Ferrari and I can just get 307km/h sort of flickering at best...sometimes.

Look at the power and torque curves and set your gearing around that.  Just because you've got room to move in top gear (5th) doesn't necessarily mean you will go as fast as a shorter gear that peaks at the right engine output.  :)
I'm running the highest 5th gear in the eagle and the revs are maxed out well before the end of the straight . . . . there's no more! :'(

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2019, 06:32:00 AM »

I'm running the highest 5th gear in the eagle and the revs are maxed out well before the end of the straight . . . . there's no more! :'(

That could be why the eagle looks to gain time on the straights but doesn't have a higher top speed - it gets to its top speed quicker.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2019, 07:14:32 AM »
Is slip streaming turned on, on the server? I couldn't catch a draft all day. Probably just placebo. But thought I'd check.
You can't turn slipstreaming on or off on the server.

FYI, I'm getting the NBN connected today, so hopefully I have internet tonight. If something screws up, I'll have to postpone the race. I'll keep you posted.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2019, 10:15:04 AM »
Is slip streaming turned on, on the server? I couldn't catch a draft all day. Probably just placebo. But thought I'd check.

Can confirm slipstreaming works, got to 318 at one stage. Much faster than the wheezy Honda can push the car along on its own.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2019, 03:44:31 PM »

Can confirm slipstreaming works, got to 318 at one stage. Much faster than the wheezy Honda can push the car along on its own.

Yep, I found another 10kph in the Lotus if I got within a second of the leading car

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2019, 06:03:35 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2019, 06:45:21 PM »
Downloading the mod again but was getting checksum errors last night and today. Already re-downloaded the track

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2019, 06:59:27 PM »
Have you got Seanus's extra pits mod?
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2019, 07:09:26 PM »
Qual starts at 8:30 right?

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2019, 07:15:03 PM »
Sorry, won't make it tonight. Computer is dead  :(

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2019, 07:18:41 PM »

2+2=√16

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2019, 07:18:54 PM »

Cheers mate. I'll make it a habit to check that and not just guesstimating the best one...like I've done so far  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal