Xtreme Gaming Network

S22R2: French Grand Prix Post Race

Author Topic: S22R2: French Grand Prix Post Race  (Read 15534 times)

Offline GT VIRUS

• View Profile
Re: S22R2: French Grand Prix Post Race
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 12:20:05 PM »
I had a most enjoyable night. I was about 5 seconds off the pace which was a little frustrating, but there were enough of us in that boat so I wasn't feeling lonely. I didn't hit anyone (of my own doing), and didn't make any big mistakes.  wooohooo!!!

Unfortunately I tagged someone at the start from the Seanus/Keith incident which caused moderate damage to my front wing. I'm not sure if that really compromised my race or enhanced it, and I didn't get a chance to find out at the pitstop because I was in my pit before I could even look at getting the wing fixed.

I'm not sure if I actually managed to pass anyone on track, but ended up in 11th and made up nearly 2 secs on my previous best practice times.

If your wheel has a d-pad, you can bring up the pit menu at any time by pressing any direction.

I'm not sure if you meant this, but it took only a second or so to fix all my body damage from T1, and I had Front Wing, Rear wing and the left side all red

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 01:06:05 PM »

If your wheel has a d-pad, you can bring up the pit menu at any time by pressing any direction.

I'm not sure if you meant this, but it took only a second or so to fix all my body damage from T1, and I had Front Wing, Rear wing and the left side all red

Damn, I did not know that. I've been waiting till I hit pit road and the menu comes up. Last night I negotiated the entry and was basically in my pit so I missed the opportunity to fix damage. I've got a Driving Force GT so I have a d-pad......what a dumbass.  lol
Thanks mate.

Offline Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 05:38:30 PM »
What an eventful night! Started off with an extremely poor qualifying performance which saw me starting from 8th which wasn't ideal.

Got a semi decent launch with the car which by turn 1 saw me up to 5th. Fighting with bacculem again for the first few laps was fun, I clearly had a lot more down force which prevented me having any sort of run down the back straight but I was able to get a really good run out of the slower corners and on the last turn I was able to bolt out of the corner and get him into T1. From then on I passed kcender who was having a few problems and set my focus on Matthew and grat who were having a great time fighting. Eventually due to lapped traffic and setting some decent times I was able to tag onto the back. Grat made a mistake and let me through as he was lapped and not to later I was able to tag onto the back of Matthews car. Not for to long as he pitted, I considered pitting but my car had hit it's sweet spot and thought traffic would affect Matthew. I went on until lap 26 and pitted but on my in lap I was slowed by traffic and lost 8tenths. Bolted on some fresh rubber and some fuel I was glued to the timing monitor as I could sense Matthew would be in or around me as I came out. Low and behold he flew past me as I left pit lane and had a healthy 1.5sec advantage. On fresher tyres I soon caught up but couldn't get him. For 2 laps we were pretty much nose to tail but on the final lap I got an extremely good run coming onto the straight and got a toe. We went side by side through the next few corners which was sketchy as I was on the outside. I ran out of room and grip and Matthew held on. Great race all round really enjoying the strategy element. If anyone has a reply could they send it my way or post the last lap up.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2018, 03:26:49 PM »
About the race: I had a stable car on Sunday. But today she had sudden attacks of unrecoverable oversteer. Why? No clue. Managed a pair of decent laps in quali: 3rd. Could not really do 10 laps in a row in race... :( at the third attempt, AC crashed.

Any chance you want to share that setup? I'd love to know if that's where I'm going wrong
I am attaching the quali setup. Race was just a lot more fuel and hard tires.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2018, 03:32:25 PM »
LOL Kcender :)

Grat, I would check that you've got enough disk space free on the drive where your replays are stored (Documents/Assetto Corsa). It could be that after half an hour, AC is trying to write the replay file and crashing due to low disk space.
My replays seem to be stored in E:\Documents\Assetto Corsa\replay. E: has 1.6TB of free space,... so I guess it's not that... :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal