Xtreme Gaming Network

S19R2: Spa Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S19R2: Spa Post-Race Chat  (Read 11388 times)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S19R2: Spa Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 11:33:50 AM »
To make it worse I got a 10 second penalty on the last lap, any mercy Wally?!
shortanswerno :)

Well as Jos the Bos say:

This is b*******. Sorry this sucks.

“Shame on you FIA.

“Obviously F1 WEC don’t know what racing is.

“Only Max Meal get’s a penalty when he cross the line. Nobody else the whole weekend

;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 01:52:01 PM »
Grat, how did you manage the whole race on softs? Did you just put up with the wear?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rexology

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2017, 05:39:40 PM »
Spa turned out to be a bit of a disaster for me (all my own fault). I had planned an early pit stop stategy at the end of lap 7, however just as I was entering the bus stop I got monstered by three LMP1 cars which distracted me enough to miss the pit entry so I ran out of fuel about 3/4 around the next lap. Well I suspose someone has to come last.  :'(

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 06:01:47 PM »
Spa turned out to be a bit of a disaster for me (all my own fault). I had planned an early pit stop stategy at the end of lap 7, however just as I was entering the bus stop I got monstered by three LMP1 cars which distracted me enough to miss the pit entry so I ran out of fuel about 3/4 around the next lap. Well I suspose someone has to come last.  :'(

Oh dear... I always add a lap or two more fuel than I think I'll need as aero damage can also increase fuel consumption

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2017, 06:02:37 PM »
Grat, how did you manage the whole race on softs? Did you just put up with the wear?
well, of course a bit I did... I noticed they only got annoying around lap 13 or so. But I also really tried to take care of them: TC around 5, trying to make the time out of the straights and taking Puhon really easy, never a lock (bar the last lap before the stop, when I missed my braking point passing Joe).

I admit I am not completely sure of what I am doing. But I really enjoy trying as you hear so much of drivers taking care of their tires.... So I want to learn---it seems to me an addition in terms of simulation. It worked this time, while in Silverstone I got more in traffic and I was battling with Kcender, so it was much harder.

I also figured I had a good pace with the softs, and if I had a decent start, I could have built a bit of an advantage in the early laps and drive more calmly then. With the traffic, being able not to look into your mirrors while you are lapping the GT3s is a huuuuuuge plus. So I thought the calm factor may be more important than having a good car for a few extra laps.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2017, 07:55:29 PM »
I figured out why my top speed was low, i didnt realise i could control the kers myself so i was just toggling the modes before lol so i enjoyed the extra 20kph this week!

I couldnt really find space in qual to get a decent lap in until my very last lap, so i managed to just get on to the front row with an okish lap.

Got off to a good start and settled into a rhythm straight away on the med tyres, i knew i wouldnt keep up with grat in the porsche on softs but that was fine as i felt strategy may bring me back at the end. The whole first stint was going to plan until my in lap where i got caught up with a lapped car at the 2 fast left handers, i saw the z4 sticking to the race line so i waited till the exit to get a clean run on his inside but he must of lost where i was and turned hard left just clipping my rear quarter as i passed and sending me into the wall, so that cost me 20secs in repairs which was a shame as i felt with the shorter pit stop in the toyota and fresh softs i may have challenged grat in the last 20mins or at least made it a closer finish but ah well had to make do with charging back to 3rd having a nice little toyota battle with meal at the very end :)
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal