Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun race Thursday night

Author Topic: Fun race Thursday night  (Read 47148 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Fun race Thursday night
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2014, 02:35:11 PM »
Certainly impressed with last night's test run. The netcode allowed close racing without unrealistic collisions. 
Experienced a little warping and early in the evening noted the cars were gliding around turn in front of me like "The Penguin" in The Blues Brothers.
The McClaren only needed to have the fuel adjusted, fitting the super softs made the car feel very loose, may have needed tyre pressures adjusted to suit? Can't give a comparison, but my opinion it was well behaved at the speeds I drive at!  ::)
Race 1 I had a "black" screen, then a little low level flying with loss of control to the game at full throttle, then a flying leap in time and space to the pits.
Certainly happy with being an alpha. Sorry I left without a 'bye your leave', you were all in a very heavy discussion...
Looking forward to the next session, time to try one of the other selections.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2014, 06:47:33 PM »
My 1 race was very fun
Had a good tussle with Dave O
No glitches that i can recall

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2014, 08:49:01 PM »
Yeah great night... for an alpha release went pretty well I reckon.  Got some homework to do, some of you guy's at the
pointy end are pretty fast   ;D
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline kayman

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2014, 09:00:01 PM »
Ahh ok. I will have to send you my GUID next time im on so I can join. Couldnt find another server to join last night that was populated

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2014, 08:29:44 PM »
I had fun racing last Thursday, we had a strange glitch that killed race 1 before the leaders finished and I found out trying to run even a 5 lap race on soft GT3 tyres makes things interesting but not very easy or fast. Switching to mediums after made it much easier to drive either car even on such a short race.

Soft tyres are only at their best for a lap or 2 after being warmed up and also change quite a bit each race I was pretty much drifting the thing trying to stay with the guys up front in the first race. A few more laps for the races would be nice but was good to drive with some quick and clean drivers on the night.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal