Xtreme Gaming Network

Author Topic: Sign up - May 9 Nords Enduro  (Read 67605 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Sign up - May 9 Nords Enduro
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2017, 03:12:23 PM »
the reason I asked, I have done subsequent valid laps since the time registered on the stats page, on exit AC gives new time, but it doesn't appear :(

Sometimes stracker is tougher than AC penalties... but I'm sure Marty can confirm this on the backend
I have noticed that too Rolz, I have had 2 wheels off and it is okay, next lap same thing and it negates the lap, grrr!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Rolz

« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2017, 03:17:29 PM »
Busy doing some other stuff on the pc and it's cool to have this open just watching a few dots race around :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2017, 03:36:44 PM »
the reason I asked, I have done subsequent valid laps since the time registered on the stats page, on exit AC gives new time, but it doesn't appear :(

Sometimes stracker is tougher than AC penalties... but I'm sure Marty can confirm this on the backend

I think only in races ingame is softer then stracker, I think server is set to 3 tyres allowed out and ptracker uses whatever the server setting is. Qualy should be the same, if running ptracker you can see if your valid or not when its green your still valid red means you have been outside that lap.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2017, 03:58:40 PM »
I wonder if mixing in a slow easy to drive car would help the guys struggling with the pace of the gt cars, I dont have any idea of what maybe bmw m235i, mx5 cup or something similar. If there is anyone that would like to race but finds the gt cars a bit much at Nords it could be an option even though its late notice.

Having spent a bit of time in the server there are a few guys struggling to get around 2 consecutive laps so maybe a slow easier car may work and also add some mixed class traffic. Numbers overall arent huge yet but I think theres a few rooz guys like cherno possibly a couple more that may join still.

this is why the GT4 class would be good. I'd happily race the porsche cayman gt4 if there were other gt4 cars in the race, with a stock setup is very easy to drive around nords..  only setup ive managed to get stable for me due to joystick is in the RSR,
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 04:34:13 PM by Shameless_1 »
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2017, 11:28:39 PM »
Seems my time has been deleted already anyway as I did mention my car pick in both threads yet still havent made the provisional grid.  ;D

Here's the grid as it stands so far, based on qualifying times on the practice server where people have already nominated a car:

1. Kcender87    [McLaren] 650S GT3
2. Rolz    [Porsche] 911 RSR 2017
3. UnFknBLievable    [Chevrolet] Corvette C7R
4. stevenngo    [Nissan] GT-R GT3
5. Shameless_1    [McLaren] 650S GT3
6. Mael    [BMW] Z4 GT3
7. Wally    [Audi] R8 LMS Ultra
8. Bacchulum    [McLaren] 650S GT3
9. AJ    [Porsche] 911 RSR 2017
10. Seanus    [Mercedes-Benz] AMG GT3
11. Bruce    [Chevrolet] Corvette C7R
12. Everyone else!

Don't forget you have until Monday May 8, 6:30 pm to nominate a car and set a qualifying time.

Here is a lap of mine though wasn't in the server I cant match Kcenders pace on 2 lap old softs, got the splits for it but cant put together a good first and last sector on the same lap so gave up and will just practice the car I am actually running which will be the Audi R8.

Seeing there are a few 650s already I will go the r8 Wally.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2017, 08:22:00 AM »
Seems my time has been deleted already anyway as I did mention my car pick in both threads yet still havent made the provisional grid.  ;D

Here's the grid as it stands so far, based on qualifying times on the practice server where people have already nominated a car:

1. Kcender87    [McLaren] 650S GT3
2. Rolz    [Porsche] 911 RSR 2017
3. UnFknBLievable    [Chevrolet] Corvette C7R
4. stevenngo    [Nissan] GT-R GT3
5. Shameless_1    [McLaren] 650S GT3
6. Mael    [BMW] Z4 GT3
7. Wally    [Audi] R8 LMS Ultra
8. Bacchulum    [McLaren] 650S GT3
9. AJ    [Porsche] 911 RSR 2017
10. Seanus    [Mercedes-Benz] AMG GT3
11. Bruce    [Chevrolet] Corvette C7R
12. Everyone else!

Don't forget you have until Monday May 8, 6:30 pm to nominate a car and set a qualifying time.

Here is a lap of mine though wasn't in the server I cant match Kcenders pace on 2 lap old softs, got the splits for it but cant put together a good first and last sector on the same lap so gave up and will just practice the car I am actually running which will be the Audi R8.

Seeing there are a few 650s already I will go the r8 Wally.  ;)
That was just a heads up for the grid at that time, when you hadn't nominated a car yet. It'll be safest for everyone if we take off in qualifying order. If you want to pass people, just pit at the end of lap 1 :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2017, 08:38:34 AM »
A battle with Kcender should be fun and maybe others up front, if I wanted to go to the back Im fairly sure I could easily do it in a safe manner without effecting anyone else btw.  There is also the Guybrush method chuck it in reverse and get to the back even quicker ;)

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2017, 10:21:04 AM »
ill go The green rambo lambo and id say jeremy will be a lambo too if he races
do you even motorsports?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2017, 11:52:50 AM »
I'll take the GT-R Wally if I make it. It's the only car i've driven there so far and still not a valid lap yet  :o

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2017, 12:09:38 PM »
I'll take the Audi R8 thanks Wally.

I'm yet to jump on and set a time, I might try get a couple laps in after work but that's cutting it very close to the deadline. I have a feeling I'll be starting this race from the back of the grid :D

Rolz

« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2017, 06:32:01 PM »
Just confirming server will still be up after 8.30?

I wouldn't mind some more practice with a crew on the track...

Driving solo i've got sorted but would love some more practice with ppl about...

I'll be online around 8.30pm if anyone else will be on too :)

Offline stevenngo

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2017, 06:57:26 PM »
If someone were to disconnect, maybe due to internet dropout or GPU error, could they still come back and participate for the rest of the race?

Also what would happen to track position?

Rolz

« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2017, 07:00:08 PM »
If someone were to disconnect, maybe due to internet dropout or GPU error, could they still come back and participate for the rest of the race?

Suspect you'd be at the back... starting fresh basically. AC isn't that clever unfortunately to recognize you rejoining.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2017, 07:10:42 PM »
I suspect you might not loose all your laps? Wally got disconnected Tuesday, should be able to tell us   :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2017, 08:11:29 PM »

I did disco last race and reconnected, but I just spectated from the pits and didn't rejoin the track. You certainly can rejoin and start racing again. I'm not sure what happens to your lap count or track position though. I imagine you would go a lap down (or more).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal