Xtreme Gaming Network

S7R5: Mid America Motorplex Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S7R5: Mid America Motorplex Pre-Race Chat  (Read 28986 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S7R5: Mid America Motorplex Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2015, 10:47:47 PM »
No, I think the RSRLiveTiming doesn't work at all on this track, for some reason.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2015, 11:01:45 PM »
I still havent run a lap lol, I was going to today but ended up getting busy on a nords server in the ruf and f40 so that was a track I know I like so tomorrow nite I will check this one. Has anyone tested if pit-stops work, if there are issues id still propose either Nords or Luccaring for a substitute. At least I know those to tracks ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2015, 07:24:43 AM »
I still havent run a lap lol, I was going to today but ended up getting busy on a nords server in the ruf and f40 so that was a track I know I like so tomorrow nite I will check this one. Has anyone tested if pit-stops work, if there are issues id still propose either Nords or Luccaring for a substitute. At least I know those to tracks ;)
Yes, pit stops work, unfortunately for you :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2015, 08:37:22 AM »
So guys the DRS on the P1 is useless?

Is not useless!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2015, 10:04:37 AM »
The DRS will help you be slightly less slower then the laferrari  ;D

Without it you will lose a second or 2 per lap. Also it really helps to loosen the rear on some corners on exit. The thing id much prefer is if you could press the button to de activate or need to hold it in to be in use. As is only brakes deactivate it and if you loose the rear with drs and if you get into a tank slapper your pretty much done for. Some corners where you dont need to brake but deactivate drs may need a quick brake tap which isnt ideal either.

Make sure its properly mapped and in use, turn on the ingame electronics app and it will go yellow when active then back to white when deactivated.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2015, 10:50:32 AM »
Make sure its properly mapped and in use, turn on the ingame electronics app and it will go yellow when active then back to white when deactivated.

Thanks for that tip. I was using the indicator on the dash, but sometimes when you think you've activated it mid-turn, you only realize after the steering wheel stops blocking the indicator it didn't work, probably due to still being on the brakes a little.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2015, 01:26:07 PM »
I did run a couple laps, I cant say the track is a good layout or even a well done recreation of a pretty bland and boring layout to maybe gp4 mod standards. I was thinking pole position but maybe that's harsh GP4 tracks looked a lot like this, also the brake markers lol did the guy making the track drive the track. I wonder how he doesn't realize that putting brake markers out and spacing them out 5m apart with numbers like 50,10,150,200,250 when even 250 is less then 50m away from the corner. Being an American track then having these in yards would be expected but I think he converted yards into Mexican pesos to get his distances.  ;D

Here is the real track, yes its still a crappy layout but it has some character with a bumpy track and a bit of grass around, I cant say I recognize any sections from the real video after my few laps in this mod track.

[youtube]L9n5UFv-XBM[/youtube]

Racing it will be probably a bit more fun but its not a track I will likely run ever again after this round. With the size of our fields atm we could even run a round at Vallelunga for example which is a great track we havent used due to 22 grid limits also quite a few much better done mod tracks then this. I assume its a conversion from something around gpl era or earlier with no improvements made to it since as thats how it looks and drives.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2015, 08:38:48 PM »
I think the prac server is down?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2015, 08:41:27 PM »
looks like it is, also the Thursday one I see track as "v" which I dont have. Seeing its down I will just put one up now take down GB's request of Cobras at gentrack as since thats been up there has only been a couple laps and none by GB.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 08:46:13 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2015, 09:15:56 PM »
Yeah, I shut it down as the free time was up.

Offline marty

• View Profile

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2015, 11:19:39 PM »
Yay finally did a few laps in the 1:24s, only taken about 300 laps...

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2015, 07:26:22 AM »
Good work Joe.  Should be a close race.  I think the P1 just makes up the speed disadvantage though a couple of corners.  Gonna be a bitch to overtake though - unless using the sneaking method.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2015, 08:14:35 AM »
Here is the tracker link for this server
http://54.153.159.164:50041/lapstat?track=mam-gp&cars=ferrari_laferrari,ks_mclaren_p1&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=

Thanks Marty.

Good work Joe.  Should be a close race.  I think the P1 just makes up the speed disadvantage though a couple of corners.  Gonna be a bitch to overtake though - unless using the sneaking method.

I reckon there's a few corners were people will run wide and let people past on the inside.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2015, 08:17:52 AM »
I agree, the P1 has plenty of corners here to counter the Lafa's straight line speed.
Had some excellent races last night, should be some good racings tonight!!  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal