Xtreme Gaming Network

S23R5: Daytona Race Chat

Author Topic: S23R5: Daytona Race Chat  (Read 12116 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S23R5: Daytona Race Chat
« on: August 07, 2018, 11:34:04 PM »
Jeremy and Phil swap places in the podium standings this round, with Jeremy moving up into 2nd place behind team mate Matthew. This round was Freezer, Rob and Bacchulum's best round this season.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Kcender87   71
Jeremy   69
Freezer   65
Matthew111   65
Phil.8   60
Mael   52
Bacchulum   51
killagorilla   49
RussG   44
Wally   43
Rob   40
Seanus   33
Doobs   32
Keith   31
buellersdayoff   30
ab156   28
Mac87   25
AbleArcher83   22

Congratulations to Kcender on pole, and race wins to three different drivers: Kcender, Jeremy and Matthew.

Penalties

Race 2
Jeremy ran into the back of RussG, letting Kcender past – 25 kg penalty.
Seanus had an oversteer moment entering the chicane and hit ab156 – racing incident.

Race 3
Keith ran into the back of Seanus, sending him off track – 25 kg penalty

Season Podium
1. Matthew.111, 277
2. Jeremy, 271
3. Phil.8, 263
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:04:59 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline ab156

• View Profile
Re: S23R5: Daytona Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 08:40:23 PM »
ahhhhh... crap, that many already  :o

I guess I will have to sheepishly accept my first win as you all pull out of the way on the last lap.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 10:30:41 AM »
ahhhhh... crap, that many already  :o

I guess I will have to sheepishly accept my first win as you all pull out of the way on the last lap.

Thanks in advance!
I would let you, but it's too close in the standings. There's only 2 points between ab156, Freezer, Shane and myself, 5th to 8th.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 06:14:45 PM »
Server's up.

Fastest time on the practice server was set by RussG, with a 01:46.681.

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 10:10:45 PM »
Some really good racing tonight, unfortunatly it took 2 races for me to work out I had to turn down shadows to stop the slowdowns - sorry to those behind me at the starts and on the last lap in R2.

Best not comment on R3 - on to next week.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 10:48:53 PM »
I've had some great close racing with lots of side by side action...enjoyed it.
ab156, I think you were running into me in r2 again, hmm.  If your comment reg r3 refers to our collision it might be worth watching the replay. I've done it.
However, all in all it was great racing...I think we were once going through 3 or 4 turns side by side.
Cheers

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 11:07:34 PM »
Had the flu for the last few days so not in the best condition for it...
R1, lost control a couple of times losing positions in the process, major side ways slide into turn 1 and I got in the way of Able, we kept on but he returned the favour later on the last banked turn and I was not sure which way to go, we both wrecked, escape to pits 300 sec wait race over lol
R2, made a few minor tweaks to the car and it settled a bit but lost it again at the bus stop this time and went down order.
R3, a few more tweaks, the car was much better, no big mistakes and came home in the top ten.
Good racing with you all, sorry for the wreck Able
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 11:19:53 PM by buellersdayoff »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 11:07:58 PM »
Results are up in the first post.

RussG, this is how the server reported the finish to race 1, with you in 3rd 0.004 secs in front of Matthew.

1) Kcender87 BEST: 1:46:850 TOTAL: 19:53:228 Laps:11 SesID:3 HasFinished:true
2) Jeremy BEST: 1:47:117 TOTAL: 19:58:198 Laps:11 SesID:2 HasFinished:true
3) RussG BEST: 1:47:084 TOTAL: 19:59:312 Laps:11 SesID:10 HasFinished:true
4) Matthew111 BEST: 1:47:056 TOTAL: 19:59:316 Laps:11 SesID:0 HasFinished:true

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 11:13:16 PM »
My 1st two races were great - lots of close racing, made no mistakes and dodged other people's accidents. I couldn't quite get the draught enough to pull of a pass into the chicane, and turn 1 was often nice and hectic with people with the draught having all sorts of different entry speeds.
But race 3 was screwed. I was starting 5th courtesy of a good finish in race 2, and was hopeful for a good points haul. But I spun all by myself exiting the road section onto the oval on lap 1, and did a big, slow loop-the-loop out in the grass that left me last. The game also put me a lap down at that point (which I have adjusted in the points only for race 3). Then a few laps later while trying to make up some ground, I was draughting AbleArcher when I got too close to the wall on the banked section and hit it, which damaged my aero, broke my suspension and ruined my top speed. That was race over - I just circulated to the finish at that point.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 12:04:32 AM »
Race 2
Russ had a moment on a ripple strip and oversteered into Jeremy – racing incident.

Hi Wally,
No mention that I was only on the ripple strip because Jeremy hit me up the arse in the middle of the previous turn which let Kcender breeze through into 2nd place???
Not placing blame here but people aren't hearing the full story. Replay shows that Jeremy released the brakes and hit me when he wasn't braking when he should have been, put me sideways and I ended up on the ripple strip. Then I was trying to accelerate not to lose another place ....

R1 was OK. Jeremy got past at T1 with the inside line. Then I was backed up into Matthew and was fighting Matthew with the slipstream for the whole race.
R2 After the incident with Jeremy, I ran into the wall at the entry to the back straight. Not sure why as I checked the replay to see if I braked too late and I don't think I did but still I hit the wall (my bad) ... After that the car had no straight line speed. Later I got part car beside Mael on the straight with part of my tyres inside the double yellow line. I held my line but Mael moved left and bumped me off track .... oh well ....
R3 Starting at the back. Was going good until Matthew and Kcender got together in the chicane. I ended up fighting with Matthew and made a pass.  I'm not sure about the next bit but came together with Matthew as he was making a pass on me out of T1. We bumped, I went into the wall and car was wrecked ....
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 08:03:53 AM »
Hi Wally,
No mention that I was only on the ripple strip because Jeremy hit me up the arse in the middle of the previous turn which let Kcender breeze through into 2nd place???
Sorry, you're right. I missed the earlier hit of Jeremy into your rear which let Kcender past. So that's a penalty to Jeremy for that impact.

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
Re: S23R5: Daytona Race Chat "A Veiw from the back of the Grid"
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 08:22:53 AM »
"A Veiw from the back of the Grid"

Thanks Wally!
Another well executed race night.
And in honor of the Daytona...

Well my aim for this week was to not get another 25kg penalty, and keep it clean.
R1, major side ways slide into turn 1 and I got in the way of Able, we kept on but he returned the favour later on the last banked turn and I was not sure which way to go, we both wrecked, escape to pits 300 sec wait race over lol
R1 was ended in with a touch of the wall which spat me into the infield. Nice thing about racing in VR is to be able to spin your head around and watch that car thats is bee lineing straight at you. Remember you go where you look and @Bueller was looking straight at me. No problem Bueller.
Wally why the 300 sec delay, does it scale with the amount of damage?

Sorry cant help it....

R2 I started in stone motherly last! Then nice thing was that up front people were spearing off in all directions. The only thing I needed to do was too keep it smooth and clean. @Seanus was behind me giving me the hurry up (see gif #2), but was able to fend him off.

I was draughting AbleArcher when I got too close to the wall on the banked section and hit it, which damaged my aero, broke my suspension and ruined my top speed.
@Wally, I was watching you close in on me in my mirrors and was trying not to give any easy drafting pass! I had touched the wall in R1 so knew how cafeful you have to be. Sorry/Glad our little excurtion to the top of the track had the desired result. ::)

So on to the Queenland, let the sun shine.
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 08:25:27 AM »
I've had some great close racing with lots of side by side action...enjoyed it.
ab156, I think you were running into me in r2 again, hmm.  If your comment reg r3 refers to our collision it might be worth watching the replay. I've done it.
However, all in all it was great racing...I think we were once going through 3 or 4 turns side by side.
Cheers

I've watched the replay also. Agree we had some great side by side racing earlier. It's all good, different styles and approaches is what makes it fun.

Car is having it's instant cloaking device tested to ensure we don't have the same issue again  8)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2018, 08:44:41 AM »
LOL^^
 pretty sure recovery time scales with damage
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 06:32:51 PM by buellersdayoff »

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2018, 09:24:07 AM »
I had lots of fun, except in the first race. The first lap was awesome until I got a whack in the arse which seemed to make the car even slower in straights, and I eventually lost it into turn one and totally furphed the car. I spent 4 minutes in the pits and that race was a dud.

In races 2 and 3 I had some really good racing with a couple of people who pulled some fantastic passing moves into turn one, and into the fast chicane. Plenty of room was given and there was some really good side by side racing. I can't remember who they were but it was gooooood.
Unfortunately for Matthew I lost the rear a little and turned into him when he pulled his. I'm glad you continued, and I hope the car was alright.
Apart from that little misadventure the rest of the racing was clean and lots of fun for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal