Xtreme Gaming Network

S25R6: Camel Continental at Watkins Glen

Author Topic: S25R6: Camel Continental at Watkins Glen  (Read 22635 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S25R6: Camel Continental at Watkins Glen
« on: December 11, 2018, 10:43:08 PM »
Congratulations to Kcender87 on pole and the race win. Fastest lap of the race was done by Keith in his C9.

RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Kcender87   29
Jeremy   24
Keith   21
Matthew111   18
bradc   16
RussG   15
Phil.8   14
ab156   13
Doobs   12
Bacchulum   11
Mael   10
Freezer   9
AbleArcher83   8
Bird   7
Joe   0

Penalties - 15 second post race time penalty next race
None

Season Standings
1. Matthew111, 132
2. Kcender87, 112
3. Keith, 86

R6: Dec 18, Camel Continental at Watkins Glen (Boot Classic Endurance) (1 stop) [TRACK]

About the track download:
*********IMPORTANT*********
This track uses a custom shader by @Stereo. Because of this the the archive folder structure is different than previous versions. If you use Content Manager then you can just install it like any other mod. If you do not use Content manager make sure you copy the 3 folders shown here to the main assettocorsa folder.
 upload_2018-10-3_13-6-36.png
 If the game crashes when loading the track then you did not install it correctly. Please use the support forum if you have any issues.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 10:30:47 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
Re: S25R6: Camel Continental at Watkins Glen
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 05:52:06 PM »
anyone getting a cannot retrieve server list after the ac update? :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 06:40:30 PM »
anyone getting a cannot retrieve server list after the ac update? :(
AC update?? I'd be surprised if there were any further updates.It seems you're not alone:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/can%E2%80%99t-find-any-server-today.53961/
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 06:45:11 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 07:44:37 PM »
I found the server list down, but CM favourites got me on. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 08:34:54 PM »
Hm...yet another track where the short tail will be schooled on the straight, and no way to take the position back later.  Not complaining, just stating the facts ;)

I've managed a decent low 37 but I'm burning up the rears after a lap or two...:/   
The last bit was always a weak part for me on this layout, I reckon in the proper hands the shorty could do a 36 no probs.  I just can't get the last 3 corners done properly, especially the 3rd last, I keep losing grip there (as usual for me).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 08:37:29 PM by Bird »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 10:30:17 AM »
Hm...yet another track where the short tail will be schooled on the straight, and no way to take the position back later.  Not complaining, just stating the facts ;)

I've managed a decent low 37 but I'm burning up the rears after a lap or two...:/   
The last bit was always a weak part for me on this layout, I reckon in the proper hands the shorty could do a 36 no probs.  I just can't get the last 3 corners done properly, especially the 3rd last, I keep losing grip there (as usual for me).
You're only 0.15 off of Kcender's C9 time!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 11:16:12 AM »

Yeah, and if I could drive the bloody thing I'd be ahead... :)

But the diff in top speed....

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 12:13:00 PM »

Might be time to start adding ballast back to the Shorty!!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 12:26:12 PM »

...and an extra manadatory pit stop to the c9 to even the pit times out :D

No, I reckon even as it is, it's a penalty that you have to try and get past on the twisties, not comfortably on the straight.  The pit stop & fuel usage is an added burden, still.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 05:08:41 PM »

No, I reckon even as it is, it's a penalty that you have to try and get past on the twisties, not comfortably on the straight.  The pit stop & fuel usage is an added burden, still.
The Shorty has barely been in the top 10 all season . . . so not sure why we keep talking about penalising it!   Practice server lap times are not at all reflective of the racing reality.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 06:35:34 PM »

The Shorty has barely been in the top 10 all season . . . so not sure why we keep talking about penalising it!   Practice server lap times are not at all reflective of the racing reality.

Yup, especially when you refuel the fecking things

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 11:00:35 PM »
What a great track. I haven't driven the boot layout since the days of N2003, but it's just like I remembered. I know there is a little more time in there and with race fuel and tyres there might be a little more speed but there is only 24 hours in a day....hopefully this race delivers all that I'm hoping for as this is an awesome track!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 08:04:03 AM »

Exactly. Race wise the Shorty and Mazda produce some close racing, but we've had zero chance against the longtail or C9s as they smoke us on the straights, slow us down in the corners but can't get past and even if we manage a pass due to a mistake they'll smoke us on the next straight.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 11:04:40 AM »
From pre-season I ranked the cars, fastest to slowest:

C9
Longtail
Shortail
Mazda

so I never understood the shorty getting restriction of any kind. ???

2+2=√16

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 11:20:39 AM »

The restrictions are not meant to be fair, it is there to help the Long-tail win. As the esteemed cricket team showed its all about winning and not how you play  :P Now I'm wondering; if I attack the C9 with a bit of sandpaper would it slow it down?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal