Xtreme Gaming Network

Aug 4 fun run: Lotus Evora GTC/GX at Vallelunga (extended)

Author Topic: Aug 4 fun run: Lotus Evora GTC/GX at Vallelunga (extended)  (Read 20513 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Aug 4 fun run: Lotus Evora GTC/GX at Vallelunga (extended)
« on: July 28, 2015, 10:32:41 PM »
2 x 12 laps

Qualifying at 8:30pm Eastern.

Choose either the GTC or the GX in race 1, then drive the other car in race 2. When you join up for race 1, try to choose a car that evens out the numbers on the server so far.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 4 fun run: Lotus Evora GTC/GX at Vallelunga (extended)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 11:36:00 PM »
Now that we can set the weather on the server, I'll be using the real weather for Vallelunga on Tuesday, according to this web site: http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/Italy/Vallelunga-Circuit.aspx

At the moment, it looks like the "morning" race will be 34 and sunny, and the "afternoon" race will be 35 and sunny. Nice and hot and grippy.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 09:13:39 PM »
Unsure if I can make it on Tuesday... :(
Jumped in head first into Windows 10 - Yeah I'm a sucker, but I enjoy the challenge. :)
Spent most of the weekend troubleshooting why I get a BSOD when I span my display across the 3 screens.

Leaning towards DX12 and NVidia still not having worked out their shit correctly.

Anyway anyone else with NVidia, SLI and spanning their 3 monitors, I'd hold out for a little bit.

;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 10:57:21 PM »
Rolz for me running w10x64 (is there a 32 bit version still  ???) with 2 gtx titans in SLI it runs fine with nv 353.62 drivers.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 08:00:21 AM »
Now that we can set the weather on the server, I'll be using the real weather for Vallelunga on Tuesday, according to this web site: http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/Italy/Vallelunga-Circuit.aspx

At the moment, it looks like the "morning" race will be 34 and sunny, and the "afternoon" race will be 35 and sunny. Nice and hot and grippy.

Re grippy.... Actually, I'm lead to believe that track temperature doesn't affect grip in AC - air temperature only affects aero. The grip is only set by the dynamic track grip. Which seems to make the temperature setting a bit pointless.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 12:20:54 PM »
depending on available slots, and time my side, I would like to have a run.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Rolz

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 12:23:09 PM »
Re grippy.... Actually, I'm lead to believe that track temperature doesn't affect grip in AC - air temperature only affects aero. The grip is only set by the dynamic track grip. Which seems to make the temperature setting a bit pointless.

Maybe we can request this in future releases since we got our last nagging request of Ballast :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 12:29:15 PM »
depending on available slots, and time my side, I would like to have a run.

Sure, come along.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 05:52:21 PM »

Track temp has a fairly large effect on tyre temps which in turn has a fairly large effect on grip and wear. Not sure if they fixed the graining bug yet as its the only reason I keep tyre blankets on my servers. Turn them off and you will notice the different start temps and how this will effect pressures, and tyre heating or overheating.

Rolz

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 08:05:07 PM »
After a mission of a build I'm stable and running! I'll be there tomorrow night  ;D

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 08:56:05 PM »
After a mission of a build I'm stable and running! I'll be there tomorrow night  ;D

what caused the problems
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Rolz

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 09:02:46 PM »

what caused the problems

Firstly the lazy upgrade - Started life as Win 7, then just upgraded to 8, 8.1 and then 10.
Most cleared up after a nuke and fresh build.
Lastly was just my BSOD on spanning my 3 screens.
Sourced issue eventually - video cards FW driver... Mine were 2 revs older... newest one was still over 12 months old, but it did the trick!  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 09:04:07 PM »

Track temp has a fairly large effect on tyre temps which in turn has a fairly large effect on grip and wear. Not sure if they fixed the graining bug yet as its the only reason I keep tyre blankets on my servers. Turn them off and you will notice the different start temps and how this will effect pressures, and tyre heating or overheating.

Good point - it will be interesting to check the tyre temps when it's a hot track. If the weather keeps up at Vallelunga, the track temp will be in the vicinity of 45 degrees.

Good one!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2015, 09:10:44 PM »
Think I'm gonna struggle with the GX due it not having ABS. I get a flat spot after about 2 laps  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 01:38:26 AM »
The practice server was setup pretty brutally more as a test of temps with these weather settings.

[WEATHER_0]
GRAPHICS=4_mid_clear
BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=9
BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=7
VARIATION_AMBIENT=2
VARIATION_ROAD=2

[WEATHER_1]
GRAPHICS=6_mid_clouds
BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=26
BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=7
VARIATION_AMBIENT=2
VARIATION_ROAD=2

[WEATHER_2]
GRAPHICS=3_clear
BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=41
BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=7
VARIATION_AMBIENT=2
VARIATION_ROAD=2

These 3 settings will switch, it seams randomly to me as it doesn't change every session but does at times. There Is from very cold to average to very hot, temps make a huge difference to the grip too. I just ran on my Nords server in the Nismo and having track temp at 48 made the car nearly undriveable there as tyres were overheating to 100+ dropping down a little and it becomes much more driveable but I tamed the settings on that server down as high heat there is a killer with only 1 tyre option.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal