Xtreme Gaming Network

Dec 29 Fun Run: Lotus 25 at Donington

Author Topic: Dec 29 Fun Run: Lotus 25 at Donington  (Read 28221 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: Dec 29 Fun Run: Lotus 25 at Donington
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2015, 10:11:31 AM »
My lap was done on 1.10
I've updated to 1.11 now
Now you just have to break your PB to test it!!!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2015, 10:27:46 AM »
Just checked my readme file and I am running v1.11 of the track, I think what could be the issue is you may have ran an older version of the track which saved your mp sector times and these are carrying on to the current version. You may need to try and find a way to delete the sectors form this track in ptracker to have your sector times reset.

Rolz

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2015, 11:11:21 AM »
thanks for sharing the link Wally - was just about to go look and then saw u put it in the first post :)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2015, 11:24:33 AM »
My lap was done on 1.10
I've updated to 1.11 now
Now you just have to break your PB to test it!!!
You've now got the same problem Bacchulum!!

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2015, 11:33:54 AM »
OK. After looking at Bacchulums stats and then Marty's stats they both are now showing the same split times (relatively speaking) as mine and Wally's. To see Marty's splits you need to look at the Session data in stracker because his PB was done with the old splits. Marty's most recent laps show the same relative splits as me, Wally and Bacchulum.

Could I suggest that everyone check their track version by looking in readme.txt file in the track folder. It should show version 1.11

If the splits are wrong then we could have timing problems on race night.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2015, 11:37:04 AM »
OK. After looking at Bacchulums stats and then Marty's stats they both are now showing the same split times (relatively speaking) as mine and Wally's. To see Marty's splits you need to look at the Session data in stracker because his PB was done with the old splits. Marty's most recent laps show the same relative splits as me, Wally and Bacchulum.

Could I suggest that everyone check their track version by looking in readme.txt file in the track folder. It should show version 1.11

Yes, good point. Please make sure you have downloaded 1.11 from the opening post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2015, 03:18:01 PM »

The strange thing is that I always had v 1.11 and haven't downloaded a newer version since I put the server up. So maybe there is just some weirdness going on with the split times on ptracker. Maybe if someone else runs laps first with the other split times the server registers those splits? My last session I came in after Bacchulum was already in so possibly he set sector times on stracker for those sessions.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2015, 03:23:53 PM »

The strange thing is that I always had v 1.11 and haven't downloaded a newer version since I put the server up. So maybe there is just some weirdness going on with the split times on ptracker. Maybe if someone else runs laps first with the other split times the server registers those splits? My last session I came in after Bacchulum was already in so possibly he set sector times on stracker for those sessions.
I think what you suggested about clearing the splits out of ptracker was possible the problem/solution.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2015, 03:55:52 PM »
There's some fine lap times on the list at the pointy end!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2015, 04:03:12 PM »
Here's my setup:

2+2=√16

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2015, 12:22:43 AM »
Thanks Dave  :)
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2015, 09:28:02 AM »
Thanks Dave, will give it a go at the next practice.   Here i am "playing" a  simulator and one thing that is holding back some time is being "scared" on the blind corners being so low in this car, hhaha a funny world... I have been running Phils, thanks to that I a getting laps down, just need practice
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2015, 01:02:07 PM »
Is there meant to be a server up for this?

Can't seem to find one.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2015, 01:04:54 PM »

Can't seem to find one.
Marty's had the prac server up.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2015, 01:08:53 PM »

Can't seem to find one.

Always someone wanting a run when I am doing something with the server, sorry will be up again soon but I noticed I was being charged $5usd per month for being over my storage limit and I just found the cause of this. The server has 20GB storage for no extra charge and beyond this its charged, yet for no reason the total usage was over 26GB. After looking into it the winSxS directory was the culpirate chewing up all the data for no reason.

After finding this I found a way to do a clean up in win server 2008 that's being run. This extra stored data would end up costing about $60USD per year beyond what the prepaid costs are so well worth getting rid of it as its a cost with no benefits.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askpfeplat/archive/2014/05/13/how-to-clean-up-the-winsxs-directory-and-free-up-disk-space-on-windows-server-2008-r2-with-new-update.aspx

Cleanup has pretty much finished and has recovered 10GB of storage space, I will do another quick scan and then get servers up again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal