Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat  (Read 18283 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: S10R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2016, 11:31:08 AM »
Qual was fun.  I only left myself one hotlap at the end as I wanted to test mediums on full fuel over a few laps before that.  I thought there would be quite a few leaving the pits at the same time due to the track grip but also because of the tyres overhreating.  I allowed a little extra time and came out of the pits just ahead of Stan with a few other cars also in tow, so it worked out well for me.  The lap was OK, enough just to snare pole form Marty by a few tenths.

The race was good.  Marty always seemed to be within a few seconds of me.  I dediced to take a gamble and mix things up by doing a short medium tyre stint inbetween two long hard tyre stints.  The medium tyre was fairly average.  I could have got more time out of it but was busy trying to nurse it around and not overheat it - but still fast enough to get the quickest lap of the race.  The rest of the time I was trying to manage the hards and not wear them out, although they weren't as bad as I thought they might be when they started to loose grip so I probably could have gone a little harder.  Marty kept me honest though, and while lapping some of the other cars I think it got down to 2 or 3 seconds towards the end.

A good nights racing with a nice change-up.  Thanks to all.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2016, 02:08:18 PM »
No strategy at all if not the one to finish the race.Great race guys!! I did had fun chasing wally and gratulin.I think i n the first stint wally was racing with hard, and i could manage him but after the pits(we stopped together) i could not manage him anymore :-[,probably he put medium on.
Gratulin instead always been around me but clearly he was slower :o,maybe he was damaged......but great fun guys thx,,,and the game is fun!!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2016, 03:14:58 PM »
No strategy at all if not the one to finish the race.Great race guys!! I did had fun chasing wally and gratulin.I think i n the first stint wally was racing with hard, and i could manage him but after the pits(we stopped together) i could not manage him anymore :-[,probably he put medium on.
Gratulin instead always been around me but clearly he was slower :o,maybe he was damaged......but great fun guys thx,,,and the game is fun!!!
Exactly right. I had hards until lap 15, then mediums for the rest.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2016, 03:34:25 PM »
Definitely slower based on qual times but quite pleased to give you and Wally a bit of pressure. Wally's pace looked all over the place due to damage I think but he pulled away towards the end. Good fun to try and jump you both in the pitstop. Couple of mistakes cost me though.

Were you running zero aero? I was pretty slow down the main straight on Aero 1.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2016, 10:34:42 PM »
No i was not on zero wings  mate

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2016, 10:58:28 PM »
Definitely slower based on qual times but quite pleased to give you and Wally a bit of pressure. Wally's pace looked all over the place due to damage I think but he pulled away towards the end. Good fun to try and jump you both in the pitstop. Couple of mistakes cost me though.

Were you running zero aero? I was pretty slow down the main straight on Aero 1.

Running long stints on hards and mediums meant my tyres were pretty ropey for a good part of the race.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal