Xtreme Gaming Network

S12R6: Imola Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S12R6: Imola Pre-Race Chat  (Read 10594 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S12R6: Imola Pre-Race Chat
« on: July 12, 2016, 11:29:47 PM »
2 x 18 laps

This is the final round of the season. Marty leads Matthew, 361 to 340.

Weather Forecast (looking like 34 and sunny - hot!)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S12R6: Imola Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 11:13:48 AM »
Did a few laps on my own last night and strangely this is the first race where the Ferrari feels balanced for me. No terminal under-steer on entry and no over steer on exit. The car even handles the chicane curbs well.

The only problem is there appears to be a bump on the right side near the end of the start straight which tends to launch the car to space  :o

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 11:53:34 AM »
Maybe you need to try a non submarine setup, try to stay above the tarmac. I did a few laps last nite and didnt have any issues, setup wise I have gone quite different to the last few rounds and possibly there is more to make the car a bit nicer in some sections.

This isnt a car you can abuse curbs too much so its nice as exploiting track limits isnt going to work out too well, in order to make the car good over the curbs it would be fairly bad everywhere else. Aero grip is important here so it needs to be stiff enough for this but just soft enough to deal with the bumps. It should be a fun round, passing I have no idea how that will work and running a few cm wide or tight in some sections is going to cause pretty big issues.

Another track you cant over drive and just try to find pace with consistancy and good exits.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 01:39:48 PM »
Maybe you need to try a non submarine setup

I know but the submarine feels so good on the rest of the lap!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 03:49:45 PM »
Submarine feels good til it does this yea.  :'(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 06:40:32 PM »
Submarine feels good til it does this yea.  :'(

I think we've all had races like that.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 11:49:30 AM »
Just a heads up, they've repaired the damage fix bug, it takes time.
They also lock the controls if you esc to pits to get instant repairs. ;)
I'm not sure if this feature is new as I've never escaped to pits to speed up repairs.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 12:03:55 PM »
Just a heads up, they've repaired the damage fix bug, it takes time.
They also lock the controls if you esc to pits to get instant repairs. ;)
I'm not sure if this feature is new as I've never escaped to pits to speed up repairs.
Both good things. Thanks about the damage heads up.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 12:13:07 PM »
I did try a pit stop and seems fuel is way slower to add now, I did also select repair all but only had very minor engine and gearbox damage. I didnt see the damage indicator pop up at all so maybe they dont fix this in a stop any more. But 80l of fuel seemed like 4 times as long as in the last build.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 12:37:34 PM »
I did try a pit stop and seems fuel is way slower to add now, I did also select repair all but only had very minor engine and gearbox damage. I didnt see the damage indicator pop up at all so maybe they dont fix this in a stop any more. But 80l of fuel seemed like 4 times as long as in the last build.

Interesting. That could change some strategies.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 08:19:25 AM »
I'm not sure why, but I have this figure of gravity only fuel rigs pumping at a rate of 10 litres per second. I wonder if AC is simulating something similar?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 09:11:16 AM »
Well if it's true to the era, these cars were filled by jerry can (as there was no refuelling then).

2+2=√16

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 11:36:04 AM »
It did seem too quick lol, 120L in about the same time as a tyre change hmmm haha and no gearbox repair makes sense too as you wouldnt be able to fix mechanical damage in a stop
do you even motorsports?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 11:50:17 AM »
and no gearbox repair makes sense too as you wouldnt be able to fix mechanical damage in a stop
I agree with this.

Having said that though, I saw in the last Indycar race they replaced the whole gear cluster in under 5 mins in one car during the race! :o
But that's using modern engineering....

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 03:07:18 PM »
It did seem too quick lol, 120L in about the same time as a tyre change hmmm haha and no gearbox repair makes sense too as you wouldnt be able to fix mechanical damage in a stop

The damage repairs were pretty screwed up last build, also fuel was a bit quick but as these cars never used to refuel its not unexpected that its slow. Not sure if some modern race cars get quicker fuel or tyre changes, also a front wing on an f1 is only 10 seconds or so where in some cars they just slap on some tape and its kind of done.

With the fuel times the ferrari boys could get the advantage here if they start on a full tank they may save a fair bit of time adding only the fuel needed to finish. In the lotus there is no option you need to start with a full tank and then put in just enough for the end so at least a bit of practice there will give you correct fuel numbers.

I dont think gearboxes could get changed before anyway but an engine swap was about 1 second. Still that really doesn't make much difference, guys may also want to practice driving into the pits as youd hate to wreck the car driving in for your stop.
Contact will be more brutal as the rear wing damage last race cost me another stop so maybe 30 seconds, possibly it may have been quicker to drive damaged but the way it was I dont think I would have made it around a few laps or within 10 seconds of a normal laptime. Now if you get rear wing damage it will be just try and battle on then retire if too much of a hazard to others on track.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal