Xtreme Gaming Network

S13R2: Tsukuba Long Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S13R2: Tsukuba Long Post-Race Chat  (Read 17134 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S13R2: Tsukuba Long Post-Race Chat
« on: August 09, 2016, 10:07:39 PM »
RACE RESULTS

Penalties
Race 1, lap 1: AJ ran into the back of Hornbag at T1.
Mael ran into the back of Grat on the final turn.

Race 2, lap 1: Mael ran into the back of Grat at T1, and then later also ran into the back of Jeremy in a separate incident.

Race 3, lap 1: Freezer and Jeremy had a probably hard to avoid side-by-side impact that spun Jeremy and then Bacchulum as well. No penalty for that one.

Ben was a little over zealous in races 1 and 2, with passes that you could almost call dive bombs. Something to watch out for.

Round Points
Matthew111    70
hylas    67
Marty    62
EdWood    59
Jeremy    58
Ben    55
Freezer    54
Grat    52
Bacchulum    49
Phil.8    49
Mael    45
Let's Test Drive    42
Wally    36
Rob    32
Humper    27
Dave O    24
Hornbag    24
AJ    21
Flattop    15
slideways    9

Congratulations to Jeremy, Hylas and Matthew for the race wins, and Matthew for the overall round win.

Season Podium
1. Matthew, 70
2. Hylas, 67
3, Marty and Guybrush, 66

In the teams, Achilles Heels leads from Struggle Street Racing Crew, 132 points to 128.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 11:09:00 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S13R2: Tsukuba Long Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 10:28:32 PM »
Hay: thanks to all for cheering me up tonight! Between stutters and crashes I was getting a bit less happy than usual. Last race was great fun, though! Thank you, guys.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 10:49:44 PM »
Hay: thanks to all for cheering me up tonight! Between stutters and crashes I was getting a bit less happy than usual. Last race was great fun, though! Thank you, guys.

I was cheering you on early but then when I was 3rd and I saw Matthew passing you for the lead, I thought maybe you could have a little incident there.  ;D

Was fun racing, a bit messy but was kind of expected. I made the top ten 3 times and one podium so not a terrible round but nothing special. I avoided most of the carnage luckily but did cause Wally to get into a Wall when the 2 ahead of me spun blocked the track and I tried to avoid them which I did but went into Wally.

I had a few good battles especially the one with Jeremy for most of race 2, finally passed him with a couple to go then stupidly hit the inside curb on the last turn pushing me wide and giving the spot straight back.

Last race I caught Grat with a couple to go but couldn't get the move done, well done to the guys that won races and those that survived Tsukuba.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 10:56:42 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 11:17:45 PM »
In race 1, I copped a few knocks, but the highlight was a great race with Slideways, side by side and chasing with Phil in hot pursuit for many laps, then finishing just 0.2 seconds behind Rob.

In race 2, Dave O had no start lights and didn't get off the line. LetsTestDrive and Freezer got around his stationary car, but I ran into the back of it, which put me back a bit at the start. After that, it settled into a nice hard race, until mid way through the race when Bacchulum got into the back of LetsTestDrive, causing a spin, which Marty avoided but ended up putting me into the wall, which cost me several spots. I had one stupid spin myself on one of the hairpins, which cost a few more spots. I had a good chase of Rob again, and passed him when he overcooked it at the same hairpin where I had spun. from there, it was relatively lonely to the end.

Race 3 was the highlight race for me. I had one off after a rear tag, but got into a really tight and clean battle with Bacchulum, Dave O, Phil, Freezer and later Jeremy, which was excellent racing. No wonder I got the busiest award for race 3.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 11:44:28 PM »
Looking at results I gained 48 spots in the 3 races, average of 16 per race which is much more then I thought would be possible here. No surprise I was hunter race 2 and Jeremy the hunted.  ;D Ben did very well gaining 49 spots. I think there maybe should be a bonus point for most positions gained per race.

Interesting to see the season order change a bit this round but at least that takes Guybrush and me off the back row for next round, there may be a few more points on offer.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 11:47:48 PM by marty »

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 12:02:01 AM »
I think I'm going to give Tuesday nights a miss from now on. I'm just not competitive enough and don't have enough time to practice enough to be competitive. Being passed all race long is just not interesting to me. When you start in regular race order you have a better chance at actually having a good battle but it's almost also impossible to even fight for position against the guys that are around your same pace when you're constantly being overtaken by people who are 2-3 seconds a lap faster than you.

I've heard the arguments before that it's good that it gives you experience battling with a pack, and that's all well and good, but when it's an almost constantly losing battle it gets to a point where it's just not fun, and fun is the main reason I signed up in the first place.

I'll stick to Thursday nights from here on. Thanks guys.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 12:27:47 AM »
Its a fair point AJ but not every tuesday series will be run in this format and its unlikely there will ever be 2 reverse grid seasons in a row. I think the one thing everyone shoukd always try most is to do their best to avoid hitting those they are passing. Its not fun if your bei g passed by a bunch of people each race but it would be even worse if in the process they are being pushed out of the way.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 12:49:09 AM »
I haven't really had any trouble with people passing or trying to pass too aggressively. To be honest I can't recall a time where a bump I've been given was anything more than just an obvious mistake or the usual paint swapping.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 07:32:09 AM »
I think I'm going to give Tuesday nights a miss from now on. I'm just not competitive enough and don't have enough time to practice enough to be competitive. Being passed all race long is just not interesting to me. When you start in regular race order you have a better chance at actually having a good battle but it's almost also impossible to even fight for position against the guys that are around your same pace when you're constantly being overtaken by people who are 2-3 seconds a lap faster than you.

I've heard the arguments before that it's good that it gives you experience battling with a pack, and that's all well and good, but when it's an almost constantly losing battle it gets to a point where it's just not fun, and fun is the main reason I signed up in the first place.

The reverse grid may not be your cup of tea (you can't make all of the people happy all of the time...), but like Marty mentioned, next season will be something different again. So don't rule out *all* Tuesday night series.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 08:14:10 AM »
Like AJ I'm.off a few seconds and the good fortune to get through incidents in race 1 but slipped back to the rear of the field and used it for practice!
Race 2 was stacking up to be a good race for me, i was holding on the back at the rear group only to over throttle on a right hander and had time/space particle fusion with then safety buffer and my car and it become one!
I was IN the safety buffer, no forward no reverse movement!
Eventually it moved and I extricated myself back into the correct "space-time"  position,  but I was disappointed and went and watched Brian Cox. (which you can probably see in my report!)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 08:30:57 AM »

I put up a poll here http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1562.0.

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 09:22:56 AM »
Humble apologies for baling out after race 1 guys. Doctor adjusted my meds and was knocked about a bit by them. Now know to take them later on race nights.. ::)
Personally not worried about always being passed by all the quick guys. My days of matching it with them are long gone.  ;) I nearly always end up in little battles here and there which normally ends in a fun night for me.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 10:38:21 AM »
Firstly apologies to Grat, I seemed to be running into him the whole night.

Was one of those nights where the concentration levels were just not up to scratch (I blame having to go to work on Tuesdays >:( ) . This lead to small errors which in the close racing of this season causes big accidents. The only sort of acceptable race was race 3 until I got distracted by a car flying through walls, gave it too much throttle causing a couple of pirouettes.

But really enjoyed it, my only regret is not holding Marty up for longer!

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 11:39:54 AM »
Firstly apologies to Grat, I seemed to be running into him the whole night.
No need to apologize, Mael ;) I actually think Wally has been a bit tough with you about the race 1 accident. It was a very complicated situation and maybe I could have left more space there.

Race 1: after the lap 1 crash I tried to get back. Got up a few positions, but then I pushed it too far trying to squeeze between two other guys and dropped again a few positions. At the end I think I got back exactly to where I was.

Race 2: messy. After the lap 1 crash I really tried too much (as noted by Marty). I guess I was a little bit frustrated as it was the 5th race in a row with an early crash sending me to the back of the pack. Result? I crashed again and went further back.

Race 3: finally the first lap was damage free, and indeed I had lots of fun. First trying to pass the 4 or 5 guys ahead of me. Then trying to defend from Matthew (unsuccessfully) and Marty (successfully).

Deleting the custom skins seemed to have helped a bit with the stutters. Let's see...

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 12:28:49 PM »
Like AJ I feel it seems pointless trying to defend when quicker cars are coming through, it would just end up with more racing incidents. So for me not really trying to defend I just spent the night watching my mirror and trying not to loose too much time as I let people through.

Race 1 because I foolishly got in so late I didn't put enough fuel in the car
Race 2 as above just letting people through
Race 3 Lost electricity at home whilst letting peeps through :)

Still had some fun thou.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 05:14:54 PM by humper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal