Xtreme Gaming Network

S13R2: Tsukuba Long Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S13R2: Tsukuba Long Post-Race Chat  (Read 17176 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S13R2: Tsukuba Long Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 12:38:09 PM »
@ Grat Strange with the custom skins as they are all tiny 16MB for 5 or 6 skins so seems unlikley to me. I think try disable some stuff in win 10 like windows defender being active and disable AV etc while i game. Its not like your going to get a virus ingame but if its doing processing in the bacground this can cause random performance issues.

Was wondering what happened to you Humper I just caught your car then for 1 frame it stopped and smashed in the front of my car then went through the wall and continued on. I che ked the replay and cant even see where the collision came from as the cars werent that close maybe you dropped a landmine as you left.  ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 01:13:18 PM »
Deleting the custom skins seemed to have helped a bit with the stutters. Let's see...

What sort of stutters are  you getting? Do you have an SSD? Ages ago I was getting lots of stutters and it turned out to be Helicorsa loading images from disk.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 01:26:50 PM »
@ Grat Strange with the custom skins as they are all tiny 16MB for 5 or 6 skins so seems unlikley to me. I think try disable some stuff in win 10 like windows defender being active and disable AV etc while i game. Its not like your going to get a virus ingame but if its doing processing in the bacground this can cause random performance issues.
For sure it is not just the skins. I have watched quite a few replays from past seasons between last night and this morning.

Past seasons replays: FPS is fixed at 59.999 at all times except for 1 second at start of race (I do not mind) and randomly drops to 59.998 at random times (on average once a lap?), but I see no stutter at all. This results in a very smooth experience, maybe with an occasional micro-freeze any 15 minutes or so. (this is true for GT3 season, F1 season, Evora season, GT86 seasons.... for heavily packed races and not).

This season replays: FPS is fixed at 59.999 BUT it drops below it and stutters a bit if we are very packed. It also drops to 59.998 without visible stutter pretty often (say every 2 or 3 corners). So clearly this combo is worse for my computer, but not too bad either. The problem is that some nights it just stutters all the time unless I restart it. That... I do not know why.

So it is possible it is the cars plus the skins plus the tracks... maybe I am always on a very marginal performance and this combo makes it drop below the threshold. Problem is that I tried to play with reduced AA, reduced shadows, reduced smoke, reduced reflections... not one of these made any effect by itself. My benchmark results also seem decently solid (11200+ points, 76avg, variance=0). I have tried several NVIDIA drivers and currently I am on the latest. I have tried all sorts of little settings, but it seems this combination is the one giving me the best results... It's possible I am just too marginal and this combo+very packed races do not work too well for me.

As for other software. I am using avast in silence mode but disabling it makes no difference. No defender... as far as I know the pc is really really clean. I use it for nothing else and I have uninstalled pretty much anything else.

Stefano Casillo showed some improvement on fps coming up in 1.8. Perhaps I just wait for it and then see if that does not solve it.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 01:49:19 PM »
Deleting the custom skins seemed to have helped a bit with the stutters. Let's see...

What sort of stutters are  you getting? Do you have an SSD? Ages ago I was getting lots of stutters and it turned out to be Helicorsa loading images from disk.
AC is on SSD, with the documents folder on a bigger HD, so I can keep saving replays forever....

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 02:07:22 PM »

AC is on SSD, with the documents folder on a bigger HD, so I can keep saving replays forever....

Not that then. Have you tried turning all of your apps off? Could still be one of them doing something funky.

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 05:26:09 PM »
Was wondering what happened to you Humper I just caught your car then for 1 frame it stopped and smashed in the front of my car then went through the wall and continued on. I che ked the replay and cant even see where the collision came from as the cars werent that close maybe you dropped a landmine as you left.  ;D

Wacky Races.
Dropped some tacks, landmines and banana skins.

Offline trackmeister

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 05:53:13 PM »
Great fun! I was happy with how I went in one of the lone ranger RX7s

Bruce - your too funny "time/space particle fusion with then safety buffer and my car and it become one!"

Humper - I'll blame your landmines for my 'dive bomb' passes then. They were actually inadvertent controlled slides where I lost the rear end and managed to hold an inside line overtake and rub some paint.

Wally - thanks for adding me to the group. I started from the back of the grid every race which I am thinking is how you set it up for fairness so that if you miss races you start at the back.

Marty - thanks for all the practice sessions. Take my hat off to you for the 1.03 lap times. I thought I was nailing it but those times were blistering.

Freezer - I think race 1 and 2 I could not pass you whilst marty and jeremy and Bacchulum were approaching in my rear vision. that was one wide green machine supra.

I know I tapped one person causing them to take a 45 degree apex slide for which I felt extremely guilty.

Anyway thanks all for having me and the races

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 06:04:05 PM »
hehe @trackmiester, you have a strange sense of humour too!  :o

I hate using my phone puter for posting, just read my initial post some of it makes me look wacky!

I was tired, and like slideways, (hope the medication adjustments work out okay), and happy to be overtaken, in fact I am a Past Master at being overtaken!  I still enjoy racing here and I am sure I will get better!

@grat I noticed last week on the hairpin, I had fine stuttering, this week it was noticeable everywhere, and when checked FPS was done to 25!
I have turned off 'heaps of stuff' and now back to 60FPS, this won't help directly, but maybe make you feel better your not alone.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 06:11:09 PM »
Great fun! I was happy with how I went in one of the lone ranger RX7s

Bruce - your too funny "time/space particle fusion with then safety buffer and my car and it become one!"

Humper - I'll blame your landmines for my 'dive bomb' passes then. They were actually inadvertent controlled slides where I lost the rear end and managed to hold an inside line overtake and rub some paint.

Wally - thanks for adding me to the group. I started from the back of the grid every race which I am thinking is how you set it up for fairness so that if you miss races you start at the back.

Marty - thanks for all the practice sessions. Take my hat off to you for the 1.03 lap times. I thought I was nailing it but those times were blistering.

Freezer - I think race 1 and 2 I could not pass you whilst marty and jeremy and Bacchulum were approaching in my rear vision. that was one wide green machine supra.

I know I tapped one person causing them to take a 45 degree apex slide for which I felt extremely guilty.

Anyway thanks all for having me and the races
Yeah,  anyone with no points yet starts at the back. Next week, you'll be somewhere else.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 06:26:31 PM »
hehe @trackmiester, you have a strange sense of humour too!  :o

I hate using my phone puter for posting, just read my initial post some of it makes me look wacky!

I was tired, and like slideways, (hope the medication adjustments work out okay), and happy to be overtaken, in fact I am a Past Master at being overtaken!  I still enjoy racing here and I am sure I will get better!

@grat I noticed last week on the hairpin, I had fine stuttering, this week it was noticeable everywhere, and when checked FPS was done to 25!
I have turned off 'heaps of stuff' and now back to 60FPS, this won't help directly, but maybe make you feel better your not alone.
AHah, thank you :)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2016, 06:27:24 PM »

Not that then. Have you tried turning all of your apps off? Could still be one of them doing something funky.
I did some experiment, yes... but maybe I did not try to turn all of them off in launcher. I'll try tonight.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2016, 06:58:27 PM »
Pretty fun nights racing for me, kepts out of trouble for some good results. I didnt think it would be a good round starting from the back as it was proving to be difficult to pass in the prac before the race. The race starts were pretty full on i decided to go around the outside for the first few turns to keep out of trouble and lucky for me it was the right lane for all 3 races lol. Good turn around from round 1 where i actually found it harder to pass lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline LetsTestDrive

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2016, 08:34:28 PM »
Race 1: I wasn't aware it was going to be a reverse grid start so I mostly just tried to stay out of trouble, and was surprised I managed to get through the whole race without a single contact, go me  :o

Race 2: DaveO stalled off the line in front of me which I had to drastically avoid but still side swiped. I eventually managed to hold up a pack of 5-6 much quicker cars for 4-5 laps but I didn't want to let them pass easily. I focused on trying to stick to my braking points and keep a good line and was having fun holding them off until I eventually got a tap in the rear which put me into an instinctive drift mode. I planted the throttle in a last ditch bid to drift out of the slide and win a drifting award. Well it didn't work.

Race 3: Again like race 2 when the faster guys started approaching I really tried to hold them off and not make it too easy for them. I managed to get through the whole race without any contacts so that was a positive.

Having a look at the results (http://xgnassettocorsa.blogspot.com.au/2016/08/s13r2-jap-pack-at-tsukuba.html) it's interesting to note how based on start position the rear half of the grid made up 2-15 positions, and the front half of the grid lost 2-15 positions. I can understand how it wouldn't be the most fun experience turning a supposed "race" into a "blue flag/let the quicker drivers pass" event for half the grid.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2016, 09:40:12 PM »
Much like LetsTestDrive I had a good night.  I knew that the Skylines would be doing quicker laps but I just drove the Supra to its strengths and had three races that involved very close racing, tonnes of pressure from behind.  I held the tight line on certain bends and made sure I got maximum traction of the bends which ensured those faster had to work pretty hard to get buy.  It was only in R3 when Jeremy gave me a tap and spun me that I lost time (although Jeremy and I had an earlier small rub which caused some chaos).  All up a hard but good night.
I'm happy with whatever format as there are always pro's and con's.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2016, 10:08:30 PM »
Race 1: I wasn't aware it was going to be a reverse grid start so I mostly just tried to stay out of trouble, and was surprised I managed to get through the whole race without a single contact, go me  :o

Race 2: DaveO stalled off the line in front of me which I had to drastically avoid but still side swiped. I eventually managed to hold up a pack of 5-6 much quicker cars for 4-5 laps but I didn't want to let them pass easily. I focused on trying to stick to my braking points and keep a good line and was having fun holding them off until I eventually got a tap in the rear which put me into an instinctive drift mode. I planted the throttle in a last ditch bid to drift out of the slide and win a drifting award. Well it didn't work.

Race 3: Again like race 2 when the faster guys started approaching I really tried to hold them off and not make it too easy for them. I managed to get through the whole race without any contacts so that was a positive.

Having a look at the results (http://xgnassettocorsa.blogspot.com.au/2016/08/s13r2-jap-pack-at-tsukuba.html) it's interesting to note how based on start position the rear half of the grid made up 2-15 positions, and the front half of the grid lost 2-15 positions. I can understand how it wouldn't be the most fun experience turning a supposed "race" into a "blue flag/let the quicker drivers pass" event for half the grid.

Good effort being contact free for a couple races there, also no need to let people pass easily make them work for it.

I had less contacts then I expected considering I was real close to people ahead quite a bit but managed to avoid hitting anyone from behind. I got 1 tap in the rear race 1 then a bigger one on last lap when Bacchulum got on the grass. Race 2 was just the one contact which unfortunately sent Wally into a wall as I had to take evasive action around 2 cars that spun ahead and blocked the track, I went hard left but Wally was there. Race 3 my only contact was when Humper lost connection then I warp hit him and Mael rear ended me I think in the same incident as we had no idea what was happening.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 12:08:47 AM by marty »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal