Xtreme Gaming Network

S13R2: Tsukuba Long Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S13R2: Tsukuba Long Post-Race Chat  (Read 17333 times)

Offline AJ

• View Profile
Re: S13R2: Tsukuba Long Post-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2016, 11:30:26 PM »
Also if I was going to race next week I'd be contesting that penalty from Race 1. The only reason I hit Hornbag in T1 was because he got loose and then slowed mid corner. I lifted but because he had gotten sideways I still tapped him. I bumped him so lightly that if he wasn't already sideways, he probably wouldn't have even noticed the contact. I apologised for it, but I don't believe it was something that I could have been reasonably expected to avoid.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 10:52:39 AM by AJ »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2016, 08:33:56 AM »
Nice write up test-drive.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2016, 08:56:01 AM »
Here is a video from race 1 of the last round.

Laat lap I kind of hung onto a huge assited drift getting whacked from both sides.  ;D Start I just had nowhere to go with people 2 and 3 wide ahead so hung at the back for a bit then tried to pick people off 1 at a time.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2016, 10:41:07 AM »
Great video Marty

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2016, 07:32:14 PM »
Also if I was going to race next week I'd be contesting that penalty from Race 1. The only reason I hit Hornbag in T1 was because he got loose and then slowed mid corner. I lifted but because he had gotten sideways I still tapped him. I bumped him so lightly that if he wasn't already sideways, he probably wouldn't have even noticed the contact. I apologised for it, but I don't believe it was something that I could have been reasonably expected to avoid.
It didn't look like Hornbag slowed suddenly. He was just negotiating the corner, without looking particularly loose, and he got spun off the track. Penalties are a reminder to take it a little more cautiously and give more allowance for close traffic on lap 1 in particular.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2016, 07:51:42 PM »
I suppose there could have been some lag involved but on my screen he was sideways enough that he was going to end up at least half on the grass unless he jammed his brakes.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2016, 09:36:07 PM »
Yeah, lag looks different on everyone's replays.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal