Xtreme Gaming Network

Future Season Ideas

Poll

Which future series do you like the sound of?

GT2 - Ferrari 458 GT2, BMW M3 GT2, Corvette C7R
25 (14.6%)
GT - Single make - Lotus 2 Eleven GT4
5 (2.9%)
GT - Single make - Lamborghini Huracan ST (Super Trofeo series)
4 (2.3%)
Track day - Lotus 2 Eleven/KTM X-Bow
9 (5.3%)
Open Wheeler - Single make - Ferrari F138
17 (9.9%)
Multiclass - Mercedes-Benz C9 1989 LM vs Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II
6 (3.5%)
Track day - Mazda MX5 Cup
13 (7.6%)
Road - BMW M3 E92 Step 1 vs Alfa Romeo 4C vs Lotus Exige 240R
14 (8.2%)
Road - Abarth 500 Assetto Corse
3 (1.8%)
Road - Audi S1
2 (1.2%)
Open Wheeler (Single Seater) - Praga R1
10 (5.8%)
Supercar - Ferrari 488 GTB
7 (4.1%)
Race - Porsche 911 RSR
13 (7.6%)
GT - Porsche Cayman GT4
7 (4.1%)
Race - Porsche 917/30 CanAm 1973
11 (6.4%)
LMP1 - Porsche 919 (+ others?)
10 (5.8%)
GT - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
15 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Future Season Ideas  (Read 169849 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Future Season Ideas
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 10:53:34 PM »
I actually think the MX5's could be good fun.

I never vote for the GT cars as that's all everyone seems to drive on the pub servers these days.

Funny I hardly ever drove the gt cars so wouldnt mind them for a change.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 06:53:48 AM »
I never vote for the GT cars as that's all everyone seems to drive on the pub servers these days.
Maybe it's true in general, and that's why everybody says this on every forum. But as far as our community goes, it seems just a cliché to me: I have not raced a GT car since our GT season...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2016, 07:52:21 AM »
I never race on pub servers!  But that's why we all get a vote.

Has anyone tried changing their vote,  or adding to their vote? I'm not sure how easy it is. I intend this to be a "living poll", with options added over time and new votes.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2016, 10:22:14 AM »
Very tempted to vote for the open wheeler F138 but suspect we have some drivers still recovering from the previous season  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 10:37:08 AM »
Has anyone tried changing their vote,  or adding to their vote? I'm not sure how easy it is. I intend this to be a "living poll", with options added over time and new votes.

Just tried to add the one I didnt vote for and no issues.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 10:42:33 AM by marty »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 10:41:58 AM »
Maybe it's true in general, and that's why everybody says this on every forum. But as far as our community goes, it seems just a cliché to me: I have not raced a GT car since our GT season...

I even put up a gt server at times but hardly anyone drives them, I did my first 2 laps in the 488 gt3 yesterday which killed the dodo. Got it breathing again this morning but tests using the optus 4g connection were surprisingly ok and not much worse then the adsl2+ connection.

Rolz

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2016, 10:54:35 AM »
The engine sound of the Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 sure is awesome  ;D

With no ABS or TC it's also a good test

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2016, 10:57:33 AM »
The Masserati is a good car I ran some laps with the ROOZ guys in that at Albert park. The track version was horrible lol but the car were fun and more of a challenge then a regular full blown aids gentlemen drivers special.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2016, 11:38:58 AM »
Yeah, the Maserati is great fun.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2016, 06:50:45 PM »

We have raced 3 GT seasons already... Maybe I just notice them more because to me they seem pretty boring to drive, but there are other car types I feel like we haven't touched yet.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2016, 10:20:26 PM »

We have raced 3 GT seasons already... Maybe I just notice them more because to me they seem pretty boring to drive, but there are other car types I feel like we haven't touched yet.
No disagreement about that. I was only thinking about the fact that I often here "all public servers are on GT3" and noticing "we" actually do not race them very often. But I agree there are other options that would feel... fresher for our league.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2016, 10:39:53 PM »
I dont really care what we drive, in terms of actual enjoyment driving I think the lotus 72D was the best for me. Sadly this was also the lowest turn out by the end of the season as it seems many dont like the more challenging cars. The f138 season would be great too in terms of driving, for racing I dont know but it would be interesting if nothing else.

Close racing in the slower cars like this season or some single spec race cars is always fun, in the end the poll is good to see what the majority want to race and get an idea of what sort of cars will get a good turnout. I see some leagues in Eurpope drive nothing but GT3 and it seems also many people that have AC are like this. To me changing things up and racing anything is good, there is so much good content around and more to come sticking to one basic fairly boring to drive class seems like a waste.

Still the odd GT season is never a bad thing, but as Guybrush said there is so much we havent really raced that probably best not to go too close to the stuff we have already raced. Having said that cars like the masserati are actually quite fun to drive and even gt cars if you turn off the aids.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2016, 12:07:48 AM »
Bear in mind that we have lots of members here, who all like a different range of things. I'll always mix it up, neither avoiding anything completely nor having too much of any one thing. Something for everyone!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2016, 11:33:55 PM »
Added Audi S1 road car option.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2016, 01:24:37 AM »
 Both the new Ferrari 488 GTB and  Praga R1 would be good. The Ferrari is tricky while the Praga would give good close racing  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal