Xtreme Gaming Network

Future Season Ideas

Poll

Which future series do you like the sound of?

GT2 - Ferrari 458 GT2, BMW M3 GT2, Corvette C7R
25 (14.6%)
GT - Single make - Lotus 2 Eleven GT4
5 (2.9%)
GT - Single make - Lamborghini Huracan ST (Super Trofeo series)
4 (2.3%)
Track day - Lotus 2 Eleven/KTM X-Bow
9 (5.3%)
Open Wheeler - Single make - Ferrari F138
17 (9.9%)
Multiclass - Mercedes-Benz C9 1989 LM vs Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II
6 (3.5%)
Track day - Mazda MX5 Cup
13 (7.6%)
Road - BMW M3 E92 Step 1 vs Alfa Romeo 4C vs Lotus Exige 240R
14 (8.2%)
Road - Abarth 500 Assetto Corse
3 (1.8%)
Road - Audi S1
2 (1.2%)
Open Wheeler (Single Seater) - Praga R1
10 (5.8%)
Supercar - Ferrari 488 GTB
7 (4.1%)
Race - Porsche 911 RSR
13 (7.6%)
GT - Porsche Cayman GT4
7 (4.1%)
Race - Porsche 917/30 CanAm 1973
11 (6.4%)
LMP1 - Porsche 919 (+ others?)
10 (5.8%)
GT - Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
15 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: Future Season Ideas  (Read 169843 times)

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
Re: Future Season Ideas
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2016, 06:00:30 PM »
I went gt2 as I love the gt series in real life and game lol. Did a few laps and noticed the chev easily quickest followed by Ferrari then bmw 1.5 off the chev at imola. Wouldn't mind a one make gt4 Maserati series though that car is good fun to drive.
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2016, 06:54:34 PM »
Both the new Ferrari 488 GTB and  Praga R1 would be good. The Ferrari is tricky while the Praga would give good close racing  ;D
I added 488 and Praga options. The 488 is exciting, but I find the Praga a little predictable and boring.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2016, 12:10:47 AM »
I have the prag up on a server at Silverstone, real nice there and fun to race. Its a bit challenging not silly quick but also can race close. Id suggest people give it a run there especially if a few others are in that server.

For a single make car I cant think of one thats more fun to drive then that.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2016, 05:00:18 PM »
Ideas:

For a mid-season fun run, or in-between seasons, have a "random combo night" where 7:30 on the night of the race Wally randomly selects a car and track from the AC content and we all go in "blind" and have to learn the track and car in an hour, qual and race.  It would reduce the impact of some people having the opportunity of practicing for hours vs others with a lot of activities which means they can't prac before hand.

Another idea is a fixed setup season in something like the MX 5 cup car.  I think again this would help those that haven't got time/knowledge to be tinkering with setups for hours vs just some good old fashion flat out racing.  All you'd have to do is get a fairly stable setup that everyone could drive and you are done for the season.

Oh, and we talked about this previously but I'd still love to do an endurance race with driver swaps.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 05:02:34 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2016, 06:34:26 PM »
Regarding setups this mostly comes down to the car choice. I dont see the point of picking say a gt or f1 car and then running fixed setups. Something like the mx5 cup, abarth assetto corsa, porsche carrera cup m235i etc with fixed setups would work. Most series like this are factory prepared race cars with little to no adjustments allowed by the drivers.

In the street cars it really makes no difference as setups are so limited and the few basoc options lie rear camber and toe angles make little difference and are easy to understand for anyone even vaguely interested in racing.

As GT is quite popular in the vote to me this means people want the actual advantage of a proper race car and that is you can tune it to get the most put of it.

Also pretty much all the racey seasons we have had many have gladly shared setups. So this means people can try another setup if to base theirs off but gt and open wheel a setup can easily be worth 2 to 5 seconds on a particular track. So if people dont want that why do they want to race such types of cars.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2016, 06:37:14 PM »
As GT is quite popular in the vote to me this means people want the actual advantage of a proper race car ....
Race cars don't have doors or roofs. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2016, 06:46:55 PM »
I'm generally not a real big fan of fixed setups. I agree with Marty in that it depends on the car. In GTs, I definitely wouldn't go fixed setup.

I like the idea of a "pot luck" fun run. You could be faced with a random car and track, going straight into race with a fixed setup with just appropriate gearing and fuel. It would be a test of who can adapt to the combo the quickest. I'd avoid any stupid combos of course,  like the old Abarth 500 at the Nordschleife.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2016, 07:38:01 PM »
The old abarth 500 would be more fun at Nords then many other tracks. Nords has way more corners then most tracks and its actually quite fun to drive in slow cars. I dont understand the must be fast cars on big tracks and must be slow cars on short cuts view of many.

Throwing cars into tracks that dont really suit them is more of a challenge in a fast car on a small track. But then a slow car on a big track can make for some fun draft racing. Just picking typical combos I think is a bit of the easy way out.

They race abarths at Monza, DTM at Brands Indy everything except very quick cars at Nords.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2016, 07:47:11 PM »
It was the 12 minute lap time that I was thinking of! I meant the Abarth 595.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2016, 10:15:05 PM »
Another one for the list - 2014 Tudor Sports Car Championship mod

http://www.virtualr.net/ier-uscc-car-pack-assetto-corsa-now-available

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2016, 11:20:27 PM »
It was the 12 minute lap time that I was thinking of! I meant the Abarth 595.

Dont think of it in laptimes as that really makes little difference you just do less laps there. WTCC do only 3 or is it 4 lap races at the full Nerds on the 24hr race weekend. 12 laps at Nords I enjoy more then 12 minutes anywhere else. The slowest Abart really wouldn't be much fun on most tracks but would likely be a bit of fun on a full circuit then a short one as it would just be a draft fest in slow motion.

I remember the old Robin races drafting each other at 60kmh, funny stuff that. If the draft is big enough the leader will really struggle to pull a gap. I wonder how some slow cars at Full monza would go for a fun run, that track still catches so many people out in its 3 brake zones however which is rather surprising.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2016, 07:46:32 AM »

Would be fun to try.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2016, 01:57:32 PM »

Would be fun to try.
Installed it last night and had a quick run at Misano and it felt/sounded pretty good.  Just 3 cars at the moment (two types).

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2016, 08:11:29 AM »
just voted single make with the Maserati   :-*

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2016, 09:06:26 AM »
Ideas:

For a mid-season fun run, or in-between seasons, have a "random combo night" where 7:30 on the night of the race Wally randomly selects a car and track from the AC content and we all go in "blind" and have to learn the track and car in an hour, qual and race.  It would reduce the impact of some people having the opportunity of practicing for hours vs others with a lot of activities which means they can't prac before hand.

I have a LAN at my house every few months with a bunch of guys and at the last one we started a championship based on this premise - we randomly pick a car and track just before each race, do 10 minute quali and 7 lap race regardless of track length (but we include a fair few mod tracks in our list, so this could be anything from a tiny little club track to something like Isle of Man. Works out pretty fun and a fairly even way of doing things :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal