Xtreme Gaming Network

Dec 27: Praga R1 at VIR North Course - practice race

Author Topic: Dec 27: Praga R1 at VIR North Course - practice race  (Read 25231 times)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Dec 27: Praga R1 at VIR North Course - practice race
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 07:18:56 PM »
Praga is a bit twitchy around VIR   :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 07:40:13 PM »

You reckon? I find it's super stable, can pretty much floor it anywhere

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 08:07:29 PM »
Turn TC off. ;) ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2016, 08:13:55 PM »
Turn TC off. ;) ;)

First thing i did. Quicker off, but still so much grip. Cant run wing lower than 3 though.

MG

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 09:47:31 PM »
When i attempt to join it says on the bottom of the screen...you are only an AB but you need to be a N to join???? What the hell!!! Is it passwordprotected this server?? As iam using the proper password. May i post what pw iam using??
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 09:49:29 PM by MG »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2016, 09:49:37 PM »
When i attempt to join it says on the bottom of the screen...you are only an AB but you need to be a N to join???? What the hell!!!

You might need to give me or wally or marty your guid so you can be added to the minorating white list
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2016, 09:50:45 PM »
Turn TC off. ;) ;)

First thing i did. Quicker off, but still so much grip. Cant run wing lower than 3 though.

I forgot to turn tc off and put softs on, I feel slightly better now been so slow

MG

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2016, 10:11:48 PM »
When i attempt to join it says on the bottom of the screen...you are only an AB but you need to be a N to join???? What the hell!!!

You might need to give me or wally or marty your guid so you can be added to the minorating white list
this is exactely what the mnessage says...
"you need a minorating.com of grade AB to join (you are a N)

I have given Wally my GUID but here it is again....

Could you please please my GUID where it needs to go asap please Phil?
    Thanks

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2016, 10:46:32 PM »

Thanks

Try now

MG

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2016, 11:15:55 PM »
NO joy, still getting the same messege! Goin to bed now, thanks for trying though.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2016, 11:28:15 PM »

Thanks

Try now

After adding to the whitelist you will also need to rs the mr auth cache, maybe also the mr app.

I will take a look anyway now and see if its added properly then rs all servers if empty.

MG the servers run minorating which is a Iracing type driver filter. This allows any public with a high rating of clean driving into the servers but also any xgn members not yet rated will be added to the whitelist and allowed access. The advantage of running MR allows more people to join the servers but not need to worry about general pub server type kiddies.

For XGN members ot will also rate your driving in the servers allowing ypu to later join any other servers running minorating.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 11:33:31 PM by marty »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2016, 11:59:34 PM »
I checked and it seemed the MR auth cache wasnt restarted after Phil added MG to the whitelist. You should be able to get into the Tuesday and Thursday XGN practice servers now even if your rating isnt high enough. The Marty's servers are running a test MR auth atm so the whitelist is not in effect there atm see this thread for more info there.

http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1734.0

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2016, 01:55:23 AM »

You reckon? I find it's super stable, can pretty much floor it anywhere

Car must suit you Joe, could not get close to your times.

MG

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2016, 06:59:53 AM »
After finally getting onto the server...thanks Marty.

There were about 5 of us on the server late last night and it was my first time in the Praga and it reminded me of a big go cart with a roof and a windscreen which cracks to the point of being a hazard from not much impact! Snappy oversteer and horrible power understeer but that was more than likely the setup and me but a lot of the other guys where also having spins in strange places as well...overall I didn't like it, under braking my car would go into big oversteer very unstable then if I caught that which 9 outta 10 times I didn't it would dump truck push thru the next corner then go straight into huge power oversteer. Weird!

The track...😬 😳 😒. Very tight and twisty with a long straight, very tricky, I don't know if it was me, the car or the setup but I could not get it to do the same thing 2 laps in a row....probably just me as atm I really suck and have no clue how to make a car drive better by chasing the setup but I wouldn't recommend using this track for any series races, the other guys were saying the same thing, there was no room to pass and not enough power from these cars to get it done anyway unless the driver in front of you made a mistake, which happened with monotonous regularity! This car definitely isn't my cup of tea!

I guess if you worked on a set for about 4 hours and you knew what to do (which I don't) you could/maybe get it to handle a little better but for me it was too unpredictable and I couldn't push because like I said it wouldn't handle the same for even 2 consecutive laps for me!
Not enough power, no torque and it lacks that high pitched scream which for me is the one thing that gets me going, I love the BMW because of how it sounds and hate that McLaren MP4-12C because it has no sound for a twin turbo V8 🙄 ☹️.

I just woke up from a crap 5 hour sleep so iam rambling on here probably making no sense so I will leave it at that and see what the other guys who were on the server with me last night thought about the car 😉. Back to sleeeeep now 😌.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2016, 07:16:22 AM »
Everything you're saying is the complete opposite to how I found it  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal