Xtreme Gaming Network

Dec 27: Praga R1 at VIR North Course - practice race

Author Topic: Dec 27: Praga R1 at VIR North Course - practice race  (Read 24994 times)

Offline doobs

• View Profile
Re: Dec 27: Praga R1 at VIR North Course - practice race
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2016, 10:42:11 PM »
Sorry, I lost track of days and only realised about 9:30 that this run was on.
Darren

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2016, 11:00:00 PM »
I initally though this car was a bit dull but the more I drove it the more I enjoyed it. It's quite easy to drive, but a bit of a challenge to drive fast. My fastest laps were really pushing it to the edge.

I got a 1:23.8 in practice doing 150+ laps but couldn't be consistent and fast. In r1 I spun off on lap 6 and destroyed the front of the car and a cracked windscreen. Was pretty hard going after that and crashed again on lap 9 so gave up.

R2 qualified in 3rd and stayed in 3rd till the end. I eased off a bit to try and stay consistent. Kept marty and kcender in sight but wasn't on that kind of pace.

Gave r3 a miss.

Are there any apps that show track grip? Shame dashmeter doesn't have it.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2016, 11:14:25 PM »
Thanks Marty,  will get the video underway over the next few days should have it released.

As much as I like the car, I felt a tad lonely for most of all 3 races, maybe it was just me. I did have some small battles for the opening laps but I was either too fast or too slow to keep up or be near a group of cars. The sound of the springs was keeping me going..   I think ballast imo is better than pitstop delay, but if if it hasn't been tried before and needs to be tested in a season then so be it.

On the plus side the car is relatively easy for me to drive given the joystick and I did get down to the 1:25s but lapped mostly in the low 1:26s.  Maybe with more people racing and a host of different tracks it will improve.   I struggle for grip on 1x tyre wear and 1.5x definitely made it harder for me to maintain grip, but as Marty pointed out it may be a tyre pressure issue, and it is an area I need to work on.

I will still prefer the praga r1 over the f138 for a season. 

--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2016, 11:24:16 PM »
Maybe with more people racing and a host of different tracks it will improve.

The fields are fairly small atm with the time of year and mid season runs lucky to get half a regular field most of the time. Once the season starts grids should be up around 24 per race again but with a few new guys here especially in these mid season runs its possible we will get even more during the season even though I will miss most of it. This should add more depth to the field at all parts of the pack as there are a few front runners away and also some mid pack guys will be coming back so more battles through the field will be going on.

Track wise I think this one would have been hard to pass in any car but it was actually fun to lap in it but the layout just wont lend itself to easy passing unless an error is made by the car ahead.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2016, 12:06:44 AM »
Maybe with more people racing and a host of different tracks it will improve.

The fields are fairly small atm with the time of year and mid season runs lucky to get half a regular field most of the time. Once the season starts grids should be up around 24 per race again but with a few new guys here especially in these mid season runs its possible we will get even more during the season even though I will miss most of it. This should add more depth to the field at all parts of the pack as there are a few front runners away and also some mid pack guys will be coming back so more battles through the field will be going on.

Track wise I think this one would have been hard to pass in any car but it was actually fun to lap in it but the layout just wont lend itself to easy passing unless an error is made by the car ahead.

I agree, I think tracks like magione, mugello, zandvoort, vallelunga classic etc these cars would be more fun and yes with more on track.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2016, 12:08:54 AM »
Sorry guys i had to go for dinner i still got relatives around,,.,.,.,.,.,.,., :(

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2016, 12:19:24 AM »

The standard "Realtime" app shows track temp, air temp and grip%. I keep it tucked away on my right screen, but check it now and then during a session just for the grip level.
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2016, 12:25:49 AM »

The standard "Realtime" app shows track temp, air temp and grip%. I keep it tucked away on my right screen, but check it now and then during a session just for the grip level.

Cheers Russ. Will take a look.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2016, 09:51:33 AM »
RaceEssentials also shows it down to a 10th of a percent.

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2016, 01:29:14 PM »

I'm also using RaceEssentials. Pretty sure Wally has said previously that it's ceased development but it's still a sweet app

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2016, 01:39:14 PM »

I'm also using RaceEssentials. Pretty sure Wally has said previously that it's ceased development but it's still a sweet app
The author has moved on to his new app, Sidekick, and not supporting RaceEssentials any more, but I am keeping it alive: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/raceessentials-v1-4-5.41103
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal