Xtreme Gaming Network

Ferrari F138 at Hockenheimring: Post Race

Author Topic: Ferrari F138 at Hockenheimring: Post Race  (Read 15898 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Ferrari F138 at Hockenheimring: Post Race
« on: January 03, 2017, 06:19:31 PM »
RACE RESULTS

Race 1
1. Kcender87
2. Marty
3. Diehard

Race 2
1. Marty
2. Kcender87
3. Diehard

By some kind of miracle, I put in the most consistent lap times in race 1, but even that wasn't very consistent. Mael got a much better consistency in race 2, putting in very consistent laps.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:24:42 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Ferrari F138 at Hockenheimring: Post Race
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 06:31:58 PM »
Was a good 2 races shame Wally/Grat crashed twice on lap 1.

Here is a replay of this incident in race 1.  :'(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 07:20:19 PM »
Now I have some time to practice those moves ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 10:28:50 PM »
Race results in 1st post.

Don't forget, now that we'ver raced both the Praga and the F138, I'll close the car poll tomorrow night at 6:00pm Eastern.

I think we would get good in these cars after a few rounds of practice (we have in seasons past with "difficult" cars), but it's always easy to fail big in very fast, reactive cars like this.

Once I got more used to braking points of the car in front, I managed to have a few good little duels and passes. Sorry for the hit in race 2 Seanus - I was gaining fast on you, I could see that MG (I think) was closing fast on me from behind - it was too much for my brain to handle at once and I ran into the back of you.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 10:45:30 PM »
Race one was a bit of a miss, I tried to stay out of trouble at the start by going to last place. From there tried to drive slowly without crashing which hilariously resulted in a 5th place.

With a bit of practice the cars certainly became easier which lead to a much more enjoyable race 2, even managed to have a good battle with Grat, thanks for the position Grat!!!

Lap one certainly did not work, there is no way 20 cars will manage a halfway decent first lap. Maybe a rolling start with 0.5 second gap between cars would be a idea?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 10:47:53 PM »
I did enjoy this car, I did run quite a few laps in practice as it was just fun running longer runs in it as the tyres went off.

Race 1 I put in a pretty good qualy lap, looks like the collision report is counting the 20 race starts lol as there are a lot of them Ive even got a couple yet had no contact in the race with another person ony a wall. I was at first going the regular 1 stop race but as we kept having restart I decided to go the mediums and try a 2 stop race. I think in the end with the low grip it would have been better going soft, medium hard as I was much slower then Kcender in the first stint early. I then managed to spin it exiting turn 1 and hit the wall front and rear, I limped to the pits and then stopped much earlier then planned. I went softs then hards and was way too far behind and the silly error meant the strategy had no hope.

Race 2 I opted for the traditional soft hard 1 stopper, in qualy it was a bit lower grip and I only had the one run on the SS tyres. I was just trying to avoid making a big error and Joe snuck in a good lap to snatch pole. I saw Kcender was a few spots back so I thought I should be clear of his lightning start but he got a flyer. I saw him coming and was way too late to defend, luckily my much lower aero and higher top speed allowed a pass into the hairpin. It was fairly tight and I trid to avoid doing the Rosberg on him and looking at the replay left him just enough road on exit. We managed not to have contact and so far in all the races with him its been good battles and I dont think we have rubbed panels anywhere yet with lots of close racing.

Unfortunately on about lap 3 I got a little wheelspin on the kink to the back straight which meant Kcender had to lift and put him into a spin. I then set out to chase Joe who had some good pace and running pretty much the same setup as me ;) it wasnt going to be an easy pass. He had a couple of big slides then a few laps later he lost the rear and went off. A bit of a shame as in the end both races were pretty much over in terms of battles early on.

I went to lap 7 on the softs and then a long run on the hards just trying to maintain a gap, I made a few silly cuts at t1 and into the stadium section early and needed to avoid another so I had to back off a bit. 3 laps to go I made the left hander in the stadium and came across Bacchulum facing the wrong way nearly having a head on crash. I had to run onto the grass and make sure I slowed enough to avoid another cut which I did.

I do really look forward to a season in these cars, they are a bit more of a challenge but during the season people will get the hang of it better and I will make sure to share setups publicly if we do to help out any guys that need it. It would be good if DRS rules worked properly though as the way it was its more a chore then an actual passing aid.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 10:53:50 PM »
Getting a bit bored with this baby ruining all my fun, especially when at 14 months he hasn't slept through a single night. :o

Missed the start of r1 settling him to sleep, then he woke up again after 30 mins... at that point I think it was 7 laps in, i was having a bit of a slide around, not sure if it was a lower grip level. I spun off and marty went by but i rejoined and started getting some clesner laps but then had to retire. A shame as I put a fair amount of practise in and really wanted to see what a race was like in these.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 11:05:47 PM »
By some kind of miracle, I put in the most consistent lap times in race 1, but even that wasn't very consistent. Mael got a much better consistency in race 2, putting in very consistent laps.

The most consistant stat really needs looking at as it makes little to no sense lol. :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 11:13:50 PM »

The most consistant stat really needs looking at as it makes little to no sense lol. :)
Marty, Marty, Marty... go and read about standard deviation!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 11:42:19 PM »
I just watched the race 2 replay, and there was some really good racing!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 11:51:24 PM »
I just watched the race 2 replay, and there was some really good racing!

;D ;D ;D

MG

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 07:24:46 AM »
Sorry for the hit in race 2 Seanus - I was gaining fast on you, I could see that MG (I think) was closing fast on me from behind - it was too much for my brain to handle at once and I ran into the back of you.
Wasn't me closing on you Wally, I got taken out at the T4 hairpin in race 1 and I didn't feel like waiting around for 40 odd minutes for race 2 so I left the server and didn't return. The start and what I was part of in race 1 was pretty bad, people crashing everywhere and no room was given at all! I get to the hairpin and I stayed out to the left as far as I could go so that there was plenty of room on the inside of my car if drivers wanted to pass but I still got reamed by someone and pushed into about 3 other cars and that was my race done, suspension was finished, no front or rear wing, tried to get it fixed but it was no use as the car just wouldn't turn without spinning after that (I guess they couldn't replace the rear wing in the pits) Must say I was dissapointed!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:28:24 AM by MG »

Offline nith

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 07:35:55 AM »
I was knackered after race 1. Pain in my wrists so sat out the 2nd race

These cars are tough to drive. I think it will take a few races before the field gets a grasp for just how hard you can push. In the mid pack i found it hard to react to other cars spearing off without crashing myself.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 08:02:41 AM »
Unfortunately I do not have time for a proper report. Just wanted to apologize to Seanus for race 1. I could not figure out the differences in braking points and I think I hit him like 3 times in 2 laps. Sorry!|

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 08:06:47 AM »
LOL Marty. Nice commentary.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal