Xtreme Gaming Network

S17R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S17R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat  (Read 13339 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S17R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« on: June 20, 2017, 07:48:36 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STATS

Penalties
Race 1
  • Bacchulum ran into the back of Wally, penalty.
  • Kcender ran into the back of Matthew, penalty.
Race 2
  • DaveO drifted into the side of Seanus and sent himself spiralling through the air, but he then landed on top of Doobs, so I think that warrants a penalty, because Dave’s mistake had a big impact on Doobs.
  • Jeremy moved across the track before turn 2 and ran into the side of Shayne, penalty.
  • Slow_As hit the side of Bacchulum, but that was a 3 wide, unsighted collision, racing incident.
  • Freezer hit the side of the slow Matthew. A messy sequence here, but Freezer could have backed off behind Slow_As. A lesser penalty of 15% restrictor.
  • RussG ran into the back of Seanus, but Seanus was in the middle of a moment after being unsettled by the kerb, no penalty.
Round Points
Grat   64
Phil.8   63
Joe   61
ab156   57
Simone   55
Wally   50
Shayne   48
RussG   47
Matthew111   46
Jeremy   44
Mael   44
DJB   40
KeRo   38
Seanus   37
Bacchulum   37
Dave O   37
Slow_As   37
Doobs   35
Kcender87   34
Freezer   32
AJ   0
Gratulin   0

Congratulations to Grat for pole position, race 1 win and fastest lap in race 2, and the overall round win, Also to Phil for the race 2 win and race 1 fastest lap.

Season Podium (no change)
1. Matthew111, 184
2. Kcender87, 182
3. Jeremy, 177

Teams
1. Struggle Street Racing Crew    451
2. Krahl Racing    325
3. DA Racing, 305

Krahl Racing (Joe and Phil) zoom up the standings courtesy of this round, while DA Racing (Wally and Grat) overtake Infinity+1 for 3rd place.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:32:39 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S17R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 10:08:03 PM »
Sorry to whomever I hit. :'(
More restrictions Wally. :'( :'(

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 10:11:08 PM »
Best night I've had in a long time, if not best I've had. Qualified 6th but quickly got up into third behind Jeremy and as soon as lap 3 came around I was able to hit DRS and get by. Held the position with Phil behind me until he pitted around lap 9. I had clear track so stayed out until lap 15 expecting Phil to have jumped me but came out just in front of him. Held position for a while then Phil just got by but made a small mistake running wide and I got along side. Made several turns side by side until I got out in front (Think Phil said there was a rub but I saw or felt nothing?). Lap 19 Matthew got me down the main straight; I was able to stay quite close and had DRS a the end but being the final lap not enough time to get by.

Race 2 managed to miss some of the accidents and get through into 3rd behind Phil. We got past Simone after a few laps and then had around a 1.5 second gap for the rest of the race. I finally got DRS again on the final lap but no help at that point.

Was fortunate to miss some of the incidents the faster drivers got caught up in but then was consistent enough to stay ahead so happy with that.

Here you are sitting on pole Simone  8)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:18:24 PM by Joe »

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 10:13:15 PM »
maybe I should just skip race 2... ? :(

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 10:48:39 PM »
Matthew ran into the back of Kcender
Oh, I thought it was the other way around... must have inverted the liveries in my mind...

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 10:48:56 PM »
Dismal night...!
Story of the season, pretty good pace, like the car, had a good setup . . . results . . . Nil!
R1 got to 7th right behind the faster guys when Kero spun and collected me in the process.  The subsequent hit with the wall killed my engine so game over!
R2 If someone didn't either hit me, I get collected by a spinning car or I spin under my own doing then it wasn't a complete lap..! 
Time for Zandvoort . . .  fingers crossed for some points!

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 10:52:08 PM »
I think you will find kcender ran into me race 1 wally lol

was happy with qual, got a decent launch was going to settle behind grat but then kcender had a moment into t4 and clipped my car, fell mid pack and had a great time fighting back to p2 with a awesome battle with phil and joe for the podium.

race2: messy start thought there was another crash going into t2 up my inside so i went straight across to dirt in fear lol came back on slow and got taken out car was heavily damaged was like driving a truck but found myself p5 but then trying to push a little to catch simone the thing just went straight at the last turn where kcender was waiting and that was it for me, went back to pit to fix car came 18th... no luck at all that one...
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 10:53:59 PM »
Results up in first post...

As to my races, I had a tough time qualifying, not able to get clear track for a while and then the car feeling very loose without the weight of the fuel in it. I ended up qualifying in 12th.

In race 1, I was bottled up behind slower traffic at turn 2 on the opening lap, when Bacchulum came in too hot and ran into the rear of me, which cost me a few spots. From there, I made a few passes on DJB and Slow_As, but ended up in a bit of a gap and didn't really battle anyone to much for the rest of the race. Just before the race, I chucked on more aero to try to make the car more stable. It helped greatly through the slower part of the circuit where I could really fly, but killed me in the straight. So for race 2, I went back to my original aero.

In race 2, on lap 2, Kcender clipped the rear of Grat just in front of me, spinning them both, and I couldn’t avoid a collision with Kcender under brakes as I came around the corner. That damaged my front wing pretty badly, and left me with an awkward reentry, having to let most of the field past, but I thought I'd limp on. I soon realised the damage was costing me about 6 to 7 seconds per lap! I had resisted pitting for repairs, because people were crashing around me and I was actually making a few passes, but finally I decided to pit. It was a mistake not to pit earlier. My lap times went from in the 38s to the 32s. I should have repaired much earlier. After my repair, Mael came out from a stop of his own in front of me. I chased him for a while, but couldn't catch him.

Overall, it felt like a tough round.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 10:56:34 PM »
PS: apologies to Slow_As (different throttle pattern there, I should have been more careful) and Freezer (thought you were letting us pass...?)

About Kcender in Race 2: watching the replay, I should have probably left him space, as he had a bit of an overlap at turn in. I think I simply did not expect him to try that pass on lap 2. Last lap, I would have given him more space just instinctively. Anyway: most likely my fault, so apologies.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 10:58:51 PM »
I think you will find kcender ran into me race 1 wally lol
Yes, my mistake, got the names the wrong way around - fixed. Thanks for spotting that.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 11:04:17 PM »
@Wally: there is something wrong with the stats: it seems the All time stats is not updating with this season's stats: I am fixed at 11 wins and 33 podium since last season (I remember the numbers because it was perfectly 11/110=.1 and 33/110=.3 :)) )

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 11:07:11 PM »
@Wally: there is something wrong with the stats: it seems the All time stats is not updating with this season's stats: I am fixed at 11 wins and 33 podium since last season (I remember the numbers because it was perfectly 11/110=.1 and 33/110=.3)
Yeah, I realise there's something wrong the Google sheets - they are not auto recalculating any more. I think it's a known problem...

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 11:28:11 PM »
@Wally: there is something wrong with the stats: it seems the All time stats is not updating with this season's stats: I am fixed at 11 wins and 33 podium since last season (I remember the numbers because it was perfectly 11/110=.1 and 33/110=.3)
Yeah, I realise there's something wrong the Google sheets - they are not auto recalculating any more. I think it's a known problem...
You managed to update wins and podiums! :)... but not poles, in case you don't know. ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 11:34:39 PM »
You managed to update wins and podiums! :) ... but not poles, in case you don't know. ;)
Stupid &#^$&^ Google sheets. Who ever heard of a spread sheet that doesn't auto recalculate the cells. I want my money back. Oh, wait...

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 11:59:14 PM »
Sorry to Doobs & Seanus for the incident in race 2. I was up in the air spiralling and came down nose first into the grass by the fence.
Didn't even realise I'd landed on another car. Continued on with a damaged car, which wasn't too bad to drive considering my flying
lesson, and actually made it up 7th then got taken out by another car's spin. Not so lucky with damage this time... 2nd last  :(
Good night though, had some good battles.  Zandvoort should be interesting in these.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal