Xtreme Gaming Network

S18R7: Barbagallo Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S18R7: Barbagallo Post-Race Chat  (Read 9808 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S18R7: Barbagallo Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 04:32:37 PM »
I haven't looked at the replays and my memory is a bit scratchy (read: shot to shit).

What I do remember is chasing bradc all race 1.
I through everything I had at him in the closing laps but to no avail.

Then having him all over me at the end of 2.
Again, tried everything to hold him off but couldn't.

Bloody good, clean, hard, racing.
Thoroughly enjoyed it bradc. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 08:04:27 PM »
Really happy to see phil win his first one he had a real good grip on these cars no idea how he did it, i couldnt get them to work for me lol phil was definitely deserving of the title :)

My races were pretty close fought at the back end of the top 10, the pace was really close so made for interesting racing, I did find it difficult to defend with the hp difference but it meant i had to really be clever with my moves in the turns which was a cool challenge throughout the races and the season really. Glad the season is over though lol the car just didnt work and i couldnt really challenge much especially with the restrictor.   
do you even motorsports?

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 09:51:19 PM »
Also sorry to Russ for the contact in race 2, I thought I left enough space on the outside. If not then I apologize.
No worries Mael. I wasn't happy at the time, but it's all good.

I think I let a good result slip through my fingers here.

In practise I had the pace.
In qual I did some ordinary laps, then I was on a flyer. According to the Delta it would have been good enough to take pole. Halfway through the last turn I ran out of fuel  :'( Qualified 8th :(

Race 1: Got away OK, had a little side by side battle with kcender (i think) and we dropped a bit behind the front group. When it came to braking into the hairpin at the bottom of the hill I apparently misjudged the slowness of the leaders as even though I was far behind, I had to lockup to avoid running into the back of AJ. I spun off and rejoined at the back ... Fought back to 18th at the end.

Race 2: Even though I didn't manage to set a proper time in Race 1, I still somehow started 5th for race 2 :) Got away OK with the pack, then got propped a bit at the uphill esses which allowed Mael to charge around the outside. We stayed side by side through the right hander over the top of the hill and down the hill until the braking zone where we touched lightly and I went off and rejoined a distant last.
From there I had some fun racing with the restrictor really playing a part and managed to fight back to 12th.

Well done to my teammate ab156 who was right up there amongst it at this round :D
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 10:16:59 PM »
I haven't looked at the replays and my memory is a bit scratchy (read: shot to shit).

What I do remember is chasing bradc all race 1.
I through everything I had at him in the closing laps but to no avail.

Then having him all over me at the end of 2.
Again, tried everything to hold him off but couldn't.

Bloody good, clean, hard, racing.
Thoroughly enjoyed it bradc. 8)
Just to prove how shit my memory is, it was DC, not bradc. :-[ :-[
I knew it was something-c.....
 :-[

2+2=√16

Offline DC

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 05:41:14 AM »
Thanks again very much Wally for letting me join the group.
Yes Bacchulum it was me, Awesome racing thanks very much.
Thanks very much guys for the good, clean, hard and fast racing. I'm really looking forward to next Season. 

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 09:13:06 AM »
Very much enjoyed racing with everyone this season. Not much to post about other than good clean battles at barbagallo. Average qualifying while tinkering with set up, similar results in race 1. Went back to my trusty modified Rolz setup for race 2 and had a better result. Made some small mistakes in both races which could have been been bad, but glad I didn't take anyone or myself out. Looking forward to next season thanks everyone. Also I posted a link in the set-ups topic that might help some.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2017, 05:38:00 PM »
Awesome racing Tuesday night. I can't remember who with, but it was great fun.

Thanks for the season.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2017, 07:52:42 PM »
Thanks for the great racing...really enjoyed it.. Still slow and inconsistent, but hopefully that will change with more practice.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal