Xtreme Gaming Network

S19R3: Le Mans Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S19R3: Le Mans Post-Race Chat  (Read 12685 times)

Offline rexology

• View Profile
Re: S19R3: Le Mans Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 04:21:02 PM »
Apologies to rexology for the contact, totally lost sight of you :-[  and ruined your race  :-[

And apologies also to Freezer , ( I think it was you)  I had contact with on turn 2  ::)

Might be getting too old for this racing  :(   Dave O.

Dave O, Thanks for the apology, you're never too old to race (I don't think you would be older than me).

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 05:09:56 PM »
Thanks rexology... I run in VR and although it's very emersive the picture quality could be better, and I can't run virtual mirror in VR.

Side mirrors in AC aren't the best either, and you can't adjust them. When someone is around either rear quarter panel I virtually

lose total sight of them. I probably moved over a bit to see if I could catch sight of you and bang!!  Totally my fault, and I hate to ruin

anybody's race. I can assure you it certainly wasn't on purpose mate, wouldn't do that to anyone. 67 yrs old here mate  ;D  Cheers mate Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 06:25:30 PM »
This was never going to be a strong showing for the toyboatas lol with all the long straights there wasnt much we could do, so it was a matter of circulating and staying out of trouble waiting for a result. Car was a bit average all race and i was hoping once i put the softs on in the final 20mins the car would come alive but it was the exact opposite being a absolute handful lol it was probably the worst car i have driven so unpredictable, on the softs i had a couple moments, 1 on my outlap at highspeed turn in and another on the 2nd last lap again through a high speed turn, the car would just snap like it had no wing was really weird so obviously something was wrong with my set for the race which is odd as it felt okish in prac, not sure how the other toyota boys found the car especially on the softs?. Anyway 4th was ok considering so we shall look forward to some of the up coming twisty tracks :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline rexology

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2017, 06:49:42 PM »
Thanks rexology... I run in VR and although it's very emersive the picture quality could be better, and I can't run virtual mirror in VR.

Side mirrors in AC aren't the best either, and you can't adjust them. When someone is around either rear quarter panel I virtually

lose total sight of them. I probably moved over a bit to see if I could catch sight of you and bang!!  Totally my fault, and I hate to ruin

anybody's race. I can assure you it certainly wasn't on purpose mate, wouldn't do that to anyone. 67 yrs old here mate  ;D  Cheers mate Dave O.

You win, I'm 62.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 06:53:23 PM »
This was never going to be a strong showing for the toyboatas lol with all the long straights there wasnt much we could do, so it was a matter of circulating and staying out of trouble waiting for a result. Car was a bit average all race and i was hoping once i put the softs on in the final 20mins the car would come alive but it was the exact opposite being a absolute handful lol it was probably the worst car i have driven so unpredictable, on the softs i had a couple moments, 1 on my outlap at highspeed turn in and another on the 2nd last lap again through a high speed turn, the car would just snap like it had no wing was really weird so obviously something was wrong with my set for the race which is odd as it felt okish in prac, not sure how the other toyota boys found the car especially on the softs?. Anyway 4th was ok considering so we shall look forward to some of the up coming twisty tracks :)

Found that I could not use the setup for medium tires with softs, it felt like the stearing inputs were exaggerated with the car wanting to swap ends at every corner. But with a modified setup the softs was definitely faster and the effect of tire wear on laptimes were limited. In fact I did my fastest lap on the last lap of the race with worn tires.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 07:20:14 PM »
Yeah thats what i felt, it just snapped badly but in the previous races i never got that, back to the drawing board lol i did add a click of rear sway bar so that probably is the problem
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2017, 08:00:11 PM »
I found that in the Audi at least, most set up changes I made seemed to make the car worse, making it feel unbalanced. It's as if the default set up is already finely balanced.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline DC

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 08:39:38 PM »
Hi Guys,

Firstly I'd like to apologize to Freezer for tagging him into the chicane, I was absolutely filthy with myself for the touch after Phil, Freezer and myself had such close racing, swapping positions lap after lap.
Congratulations to Thorsten (Killa) in the GT3 Class who had a terrific race !!

Look forward to next week,

Thanks again Wally for allowing Rex, Killa, Hotdog and myself to join your League,

Talk soon DC.   

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 09:18:41 PM »
Thanks again Wally for allowing Rex, Killa, Hotdog and myself to join your League,

Talk soon DC.
Our pleasure to have you - you've all been excellent racers.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rexology

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 09:20:33 PM »
Hi Guys,

Firstly I'd like to apologize to Freezer for tagging him into the chicane, I was absolutely filthy with myself for the touch after Phil, Freezer and myself had such close racing, swapping positions lap after lap.
Congratulations to Thorsten (Killa) in the GT3 Class who had a terrific race !!

Look forward to next week,

Talk soon DC.

Old men who live to race....LoL

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal