Xtreme Gaming Network

S22R5: Austrian Grand Prix at Österreichring Post Race

Author Topic: S22R5: Austrian Grand Prix at Österreichring Post Race  (Read 7578 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S22R5: Austrian Grand Prix at Österreichring Post Race
« on: June 05, 2018, 06:21:56 PM »
Phil puts in a big win to regain the championship lead.

RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Phil.8   45
Kcender87   38
Bacchulum   32
Freezer   27
Matthew111   23
buellersdayoff   20
Jeremy   18
RussG   17
ab156   16
Seanus   15
Wally   14
Shayne   13
Dave O   12
Doobs   11
Keith   10
Mael   0

Congratulations to Phil on pole and the win. ab156 takes out the fastest lap.

Penalties
None.

Season Podium
1. Phil.8, 162
2. Kcender87, 159
3. Matthew, 144
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 10:29:51 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S22R5: Austrian Grand Prix at Österreichring Post Race
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 10:23:36 PM »
Good fun racing with you guys again. Pushing too hard in qualifying and didn't make the most of it but still fairly good position on the grid, only to have a shocking start dropping back a bunch of positions. Couple of good close battles but possibly partly to blame for on off with Russ, sorry. Made a mistake while calculating my fuel during practice and put in 20 litres too much for the pit stop, so cost me a fair bit of time. I was catching up to Matthew by the end as well as Jeremy hunting me for the second half of the race, it was quite exhilarating trying to focus on not making any mistakes because my socks were starting to feel a little sweaty, forgot to take them off. Almost had a major incident while trying to pass Dave O at the end of the back straight but luckily it only ended with me on the grass rubbing the fence on the right side and no major damage, thanks everyone
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 10:26:06 PM by buellersdayoff »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 10:30:06 PM »
Results are up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 10:40:37 PM »
The car never really felt comfortable here. I was still tinkering with the set up in qualifying.
Like a few people, I got a ripper start off the line for some reason and made up a few early spots. Maybe a lead bunch got bottled up. The first few laps were excellent, although I slowly fell back a couple of places due to missed lines and getting a bit loose in places.

But then on lap 5, Russ had some kind of off up ahead on the fast section after turn 1. I saw him go flying off up the hill on the grass, but then he span around and came back onto the track in reverse, still spinning. I just missed him by veering left, but went onto the grass and smacked the left armco at high speed and ricocheted into the right side of the track as well. I had bad suspension damage, and crabbed around the rest of the lap with a wobbly car and a sideways steering wheel to pit for repairs, and chucked on some new rubber while I was there. I was then in last place for 8 laps after coming out of my pit, but as others started pitting I made up some ground again, but was generally pretty lonely on track. Somehow I finished 11th, 2 spots up from my qualifying pos, so pointwise it wasn't too bad for me, but it was a disappointing race overall, because the early laps looked like there was going to be some nice close racing.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 10:48:00 PM »
Well unlike Wally my car felt really good here tonight.  I managed to find a lot of mid corner grip without the need for high aero which allowed me to qualify 4th.
Unfortunately the start was a bit of a dud, bogging down off the line and then for the first two laps I had a few wobbles, I think due to not testing with full tanks!
After that I started to find some good speed getting past KC and Jeremy at one point.  Pitted on lap 22 and spent the later part of the race gradually shrinking a 5 second
gap to bacchulum which ended up being 1.3 at the line :).

Note to Kcender:  Re our contact I initially thought there might have been a little squeeze bit watching the replay I seems I was the one who drifted wide a bit . . !!
You caught me by surprise with the redress which turned out to not be required, however appreciate the sportsmanship!

Having a great season, really enjoying these cars :)

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 04:56:32 PM »
possibly partly to blame for on off with Russ, sorry.
on lap 5, Russ had some kind of off up ahead on the fast section after turn 1. I saw him go flying off up the hill on the grass, but then he span around and came back onto the track in reverse, still spinning. I just missed him by veering left, but went onto the grass and smacked the left armco at high speed and ricocheted into the right side of the track as well. I had bad suspension damage, and crabbed around the rest of the lap with a wobbly car and a sideways steering wheel to pit for repairs, and chucked on some new rubber while I was there.
All good mate, I had the slipstream down the straight, then you wandered off track at T1 and for some silly reason I followed you  :o and gave you a bump as we both bounced off the fence. You kept going but Seanus was unable to avoid me and we had heavy contact. I went spinning off up on the right and then it brought me back down onto the track in front of Wally. He missed me but hit the barrier and went off. It was a shame because we had a great battle shaping up.
After that I just pushed trying to close the gap to the car in front, made a couple of good passes and had a good time  ;D
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 08:41:51 PM »
Yeah I was thinking this is gonna be good, I felt I had a little bit more pace in the corners but you were catching me easy on the straights. At that moment of the incident I thought you might try to get up the inside so I kind of went a little defensive but being off line a little I drifted towards the fence and well...yeah....sorry, I feel bad that you and the others lost out a bit as result, sorry guys.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 09:15:54 PM »
Not sure who squeezed between me and the pit-wall on the start but wow, the gap must have been millimeter perfect  ;D  Good driving.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 09:25:38 AM »
I was slow and had a shit race

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 11:33:06 AM »
Well I got an awesome start, 7th to 3rd by T1, and expected to drop away after that.
When that didn't happen I panicked and thought I still had qually fuel load, but no, it was full. ;D
Had a great battle with Matthew early on (never thought I'd say that!) until he dropped away.
I noticed kcender making ground so I pitted early to see if new tyres would help.
After the pit cycle I was still in front but only just and another good battle ensued (never thought I'd say that!) until he passed and pulled away.
Late in the race Freezer started to close but I had enough in hand and not enough laps left for him.

Very happy, first podium in a long time. 8)

2+2=√16

Online rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 12:10:59 PM »
Well I got an awesome start, 7th to 3rd by T1, and expected to drop away after that.
When that didn't happen I panicked and thought I still had qually fuel load, but no, it was full. ;D
Had a great battle with Matthew early on (never thought I'd say that!) until he dropped away.
I noticed kcender making ground so I pitted early to see if new tyres would help.
After the pit cycle I was still in front but only just and another good battle ensued (never thought I'd say that!) until he passed and pulled away.
Late in the race Freezer started to close but I had enough in hand and not enough laps left for him.

Very happy, first podium in a long time. 8)
Well done Bacchulum, and in very illustrious company as well 8).
social media is the tobacco of this century

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal