Xtreme Gaming Network

Starting the race from the pits

Author Topic: Starting the race from the pits  (Read 11075 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Starting the race from the pits
« on: July 03, 2014, 08:24:37 AM »
Only response on the support forum so far is "Seems to happen when the player joins pits a very few seconds before end of countdown." but I think we knew that anyway. To the players who had this, do you reckon that's what you did?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Starting the race from the pits
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 09:20:52 AM »
I think in my case I clicked through the Qual closing summary screen and found myself still in the pits.  Attempting to "Return to Pits" or "Resume" made no difference.  At no point did I get onto the grid!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 09:43:11 AM »
Don't you always go to the pits after qualifying until you click the race button? I can't remember now.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »
Thats correct,  I think what wally is asking is were you on track when qualifying session ended or did you hit esc just before session ended. I think we need to avoid esc to pits just before session end.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 10:11:27 AM »
Perhaps we could run some tests with a 5 min qual session and 1 lap race repeating to see what leads to the issue?

I haven't started from the pits yet and every time I've made sure I've been out on track when the qual session ends.  Perhaps it occurs for anyone still in the pits at the end of a qual session so you don't have all these cars that aren't participating (AFK) out on the starting grid at the start of the race for everyone to run into.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 10:22:55 AM »
Perhaps we could run some tests with a 5 min qual session and 1 lap race repeating to see what leads to the issue?

I haven't started from the pits yet and every time I've made sure I've been out on track when the qual session ends.  Perhaps it occurs for anyone still in the pits at the end of a qual session so you don't have all these cars that aren't participating (AFK) out on the starting grid at the start of the race for everyone to run into.

I've finished every qualifying in the pits. Even not going out at all for qualifying. I've started on the grid every race.
It might well be pressing escape then 'back to pits' that may cause it?
Every time I've waited for the qualifying results to come up, then click the arrow at the bottom and I think it takes me straight onto the grid with the set up screen showing.

EDIT: Looking at the season's standings it has become very clear that Wally must be whistling code after qualifying to put his main rivals into the pits!!!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 10:34:53 AM by Dick Forrest »

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 12:56:43 PM »

I've finished every qualifying in the pits. Even not going out at all for qualifying. I've started on the grid every race.
It might well be pressing escape then 'back to pits' that may cause it?
Every time I've waited for the qualifying results to come up, then click the arrow at the bottom and I think it takes me straight onto the grid with the set up screen showing.

EDIT: Looking at the season's standings it has become very clear that Wally must be whistling code after qualifying to put his main rivals into the pits!!!

Ah OK.  Well as suggested maybe it is when, between the qual time ending (chequered flag out) and the actual end of the qual session - the "ESC - back to pits" is used and we start from the pits.

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 01:31:21 PM »
Thats correct,  I think what wally is asking is were you on track when qualifying session ended or did you hit esc just before session ended. I think we need to avoid esc to pits just before session end.
I know I was in the pits at the end of every Qual session but had no trouble getting on the grid

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 03:51:24 PM »
No Esc, I was just sitting in pits when the session ended.
If I recall correctly, I was engine running as if I had already hit "Drive"  but still in the pits.  I then saw the countdown lights and did the start from the pits.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:58:43 PM by Freezer »

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 04:30:36 PM »
Maybe they need to put up "no loitering" signs ;)
If we have a race tonight I'll try sitting in the pits after hitting drive and see if it starts me there.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 04:50:56 PM »
When it happened to me I had Esc to pits just after crossing the S/F line with about 30 seconds of Qual left. I knew I wasn't going to get another lap done.

As I recall, I did not join the grid straight away but checked my setup to make sure of fuel and tires etc. by then the pits were pretty empty and MAYBE the grid was full ??

rob

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 12:00:14 PM »
I had it happen in the Abarth race at Sliverstone international but I did nothing different to all other races so it may just be a random thing too.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 12:28:12 PM »
When the Qualifying session time was over and the chq flag came out I hit "ESC" and then "Back to Pits" and this started me in the pits for the race.

I didn't get a chance to try it again, but I'd avoid doing this just in case.

It may also be the case if, after the chq flag comes out you have some fun and spin off the track and it automatically resets you in the pits.... this might cause the issue as well.  If that sentence even makes sense!

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 01:57:05 PM »
Just tried ESC - back to pits another couple of times after the qual time expired and it has started me in the pits.  So that is at least one reason why people might be starting from the pits in the race.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal