Xtreme Gaming Network

Race Steward for protests

Author Topic: Race Steward for protests  (Read 28957 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: Race Steward for protests
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 01:38:46 PM »
Wally I think if your a believer in the league then you will voluntarilyserve your penalty, as you say it's a light penalty for someone that maybe already racing at the back but it's more the name and shame that is the real penalty.

And here is video to back up what Rolz is saying, Freezer does warp in front of him so in my book it's play on. I wish I had of known this on the night.

[youtube]34iqXyZxvXA[/youtube]

I think we could blame Rob. Notice he logs into Assetto Corsa just as freezer warps...
Makes sense.

I'm still thinking 'shit happens' I can understand the reason for being annoyed. But for me, I don't want to see anyone penalized for any reason. Maybe for deliberate wrecking. But that's the point. No one does it deliberately.

Last week I had practiced Monza for hours and hours. Didn't even complete the 1st lap and my race was over. Sure what a Bummer. But meh. Gotta take it on the chin. That's racing.

I don't want to have to tip toe around people cause I'm afraid they will rage or I'm going to be penalized. I'm already over cautious at any turn in with a group.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2014, 01:55:56 PM »
We used penalties in the netKar league. It didn't really become a donwer for anyone, it just made people a little more careful. Everyone knows shit still happens, and it's often excusable. We'll give it a go, and you'll see that it's not as bad as it sounds. The whole point is to make just a little more at stake, so you're a little more careful. It doesn't mean that every time you touch another car, wham, there's a penalty. Only if there's a blatant lack of care being taken, like coming into the corner much too fast and not taking into account the speeds of the cars in frontm that kind of thing. I've always made big allowances for reduced visibility of cars around you, warping etc.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

G0RGAK

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2014, 02:18:37 PM »
Interesting in the replay that only Freezer seems to be warping, what connection do u have, are other people on it, is it wireless, do u have windows auto updates disabled? Is it a one off or have people noticed it often?
Not blaming u of course, things happen, but just trying to identify what may have caused it, and to other people who have issues of lag just to have a look at these factors which greatly affect online gaming performance, thanks.

Rolz

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2014, 02:31:09 PM »
Wow from the back it was quite a bit of a warp... When I race I make sure all other apps are closed... too many times I've had outlook or something else flip screens for a sec and I loose control... have to hit alt-enter to get controls back... usually on a PB lap of course!!  ;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2014, 02:44:19 PM »
I'd recommend everyone check their "Q" in the bottom left of screen when racing online.  I find people warp lots when this is low, so more of a user issue than a server or game issue.  It would be good if somehow there was no warping even with packet losses though.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2014, 02:45:08 PM »
Interesting in the replay that only Freezer seems to be warping, what connection do u have, are other people on it, is it wireless, do u have windows auto updates disabled? Is it a one off or have people noticed it often?
Not blaming u of course, things happen, but just trying to identify what may have caused it, and to other people who have issues of lag just to have a look at these factors which greatly affect online gaming performance, thanks.
It often doesn't necessarily seem to be ping related either. It could just come down to being alpha code still.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2014, 02:52:16 PM »
I reckon you're right Glen.
Yeah, that's a perfect example of these stupid lag warps. T1 is not the time nor place for that to happen! I wonder if that's even worth posting up in the AC forums somewhere as an example of this warping. Those size jumps are pretty crappy. NKP was a lot smoother than that.

I'd definitely post it and raise it as an issue.   If there's that much lag from someone, then their car should become a ghost for a while, IMO.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2014, 03:05:17 PM »
This random warping has been more of an issue since the last major update, lets hope its fixed in the next update. Still there can be random internet spikes as something may be auto downloading in the background even if you think everything is off. Could just be the NSA tapping in to watch the race start as they must be bored silly reading peoples tweats and facebook updates all day.

Penalties are a good thing and just lets people know there is a consequence to bad driving. Penalties are only given for bad driving not regular racing incidents. I dont try to make a move unless I think I can do it without contact and will rather wreck myself then take someone else out if thats my last resort.

Still I have had some contact over the season though not really much my own fault as at times people just dont see you or you get involved in someone elses incidents. One was my fault as I spun at mugello and ended up ruining Rob's race as he hit me before I could get started again. Still amazing how it didnt take out half the field as Bird amd Wally missed my spinning cars by a beezdick or two.

You should fear penalties if making silly moves as the trick to good racing is making good moves and waiting for a chance to get by cleanly and fairly. Not just divebombing into the first half chance you get, I remember getting frustrated at Silverstone as I couldnt get past freezer for what seemed like half a race even though I was a few seconds a lap faster on my own.

Was good fun trying to find a way past a car running a very different low aero setup which just had too much speed on me down the straights. Even though I could get him on entry and mid corner to exit hed pull away down the straights enough so I couldnt clear him easily. I think I did actually hit him at one point into the last chicane now that I think of it but let him go again and continued the chase.

I could have won some more races if I punted guy in the first turn as thats abiut the only tikes I was close enough to hit him.  ;D

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2014, 03:10:15 PM »
How about this warp back at Blackwood.
This is me driving. It happens very quick. in the 1st 4 seconds. I was a good 20-40 meters behind..
The car that warps actually then warps back and pulls away no drama. I continue to spin and take out another car. Meh..
[youtube]YGIfuz8zcgs[/youtube]

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2014, 03:12:41 PM »
How about this warp back at Blackwood.
This is me driving. It happens very quick. in the 1st 4 seconds. I was a good 20-40 meters behind..
The car that warps actually then warps back and pulls away no drama. I continue to spin and take out another car. Meh..
[youtube]YGIfuz8zcgs[/youtube]

I was going to say the Nurburging incident looked a lot like a documentary I saw on yt, showing the mating ritual of or was it in a Dick Forrest.

G0RGAK

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2014, 03:28:58 PM »
Could just be the NSA tapping in to watch the race start as they must be bored silly reading peoples tweats and facebook updates all day.
lol

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2014, 03:56:40 PM »
Could just be the NSA tapping in to watch the race start as they must be bored silly reading peoples tweats and facebook updates all day.
lol

I think we established during the week Marty's pubic server is a direct link to the NSA and Gratulin is a NSA plant as his ping is below 20.

now that we have said NSA more than 3 times this site is now being watched..

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2014, 04:07:46 PM »
lol

I think we established during the week Marty's pubic server is a direct link to the NSA and Gratulin is a NSA plant as his ping is below 20.

They are investigating your skins for hidden messages!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2014, 05:18:43 PM »
lol

They are investigating your skins for hidden messages!

Only the NSA are dumb enough to need to investigate for hidden messages on those skins.

Everyone else can see the message very clearly, its a metaphorical opening of the closet doors and someone proudly stepping out.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal