Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 4 thoughts

Author Topic: Season 4 thoughts  (Read 38616 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: Season 4 thoughts
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2014, 02:40:46 PM »
I'm getting pro now. Might be lethal in a supercar soon...
  Using the H-shifter tonight.

I don't think you can even use an H shifter in the GT cars, can you?

..... damn it.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2014, 02:57:26 PM »
The pit stops can literally be 'pit' stops. Ie you can have a break, walk around, get a cup of 'tea', empty the bladder etc. there is no limit on how long they take. Last week in the Cobra I was in the pits for a least 30 minutes otherwise how come I ended up 3 laps down!?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2014, 04:56:35 PM »
...But complaints that there are too many Evoras are BANNED. ...

Sorry, but if you are making decisions based on one, albeit rather prolific member than at least let us complain. :)

I think we should wait for more opinions.  I myself prefer having a supercar in for Dick or maybe other slower members, so they have a shot at staying close to the field.   Their mistake/lap ratio will be higher, anyway. 
I don't see fast cars as an issue on longer/faster tracks at all.   There maybe an issue if we run slower tracks; these cars just don't stop nor turn nearly as well as a GT2 car.

I thought about it, and I agreed that it's no fun to catch up to a car in the corners only to have it take off like a rocket in the straights again (been there, done that). We'll have a 4 percent coverage with the 8 cars. Let's see how it goes... if the slowest are left behind, we can always put the Zonda and 599 in at a later stage.

I will put up an xgn practice server with usual password call it XGN season 4 trial. I will put in the hypercars and gt cars so we can see how they actually compare. I will put one uo at spa and another at a tighter shorter track, I do think it wont work but no harm giving it a test run if anyone is around.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2014, 05:01:58 PM »

Sorry, but if you are making decisions based on one, albeit rather prolific member than at least let us complain. :)

I think we should wait for more opinions.  I myself prefer having a supercar in for Dick or maybe other slower members, so they have a shot at staying close to the field.   Their mistake/lap ratio will be higher, anyway. 
I don't see fast cars as an issue on longer/faster tracks at all.   There maybe an issue if we run slower tracks; these cars just don't stop nor turn nearly as well as a GT2 car.

I thought about it, and I agreed that it's no fun to catch up to a car in the corners only to have it take off like a rocket in the straights again (been there, done that). We'll have a 4 percent coverage with the 8 cars. Let's see how it goes... if the slowest are left behind, we can always put the Zonda and 599 in at a later stage.

I will put up an xgn practice server with usual password call it XGN season 4 trial. I will put in the hypercars and gt cars so we can see how they actually compare. I will put one uo at spa and another at a tighter shorter track, I do think it wont work but no harm giving it a test run if anyone is around.
What you'll have to do is put Dick in the Zonda and you in the Evora GX for a proper test!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2014, 05:04:01 PM »

What you'll have to do is put Dick in the Zonda and you in the Evora GX for a proper test!

Isn't it league night anyway?? I'm 'around' atm Marty

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2014, 05:17:09 PM »
I just got home so will put those servers up in a few minutes if you want to jump on and try. Definatly best test with you in the Zonda as long as your not sandbagging the test.  ;)

Ok 2 servers are up usual pass "XGN season 4 trial" At Spa GT's and Hypercars with #2 At Vallelunga which is a bit shorter and not quite as high speed where the hypercars shouldn't get as much top speed and struggle more in corners.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 05:31:34 PM by marty »

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2014, 10:27:15 AM »
DEATH TO LOTUS in season 4!??

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2014, 08:39:54 AM »
couple more prototype skins, no sponsors yet...

except for the P4-5 which had a handy sponsor layer in the .pdf

gold M3 GT2

green M3 GT2

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2014, 07:53:50 PM »
ok few sponsors.. need to shift a few things about. and goodyear with dunlops.. love it..

And a guybrush AMG Hello Kitty special is in the making...

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2014, 09:00:20 PM »
soz, just wanted to ask; where does the insane shallow DoF comes from? Is it a config?  I've seen it in other people's screenshots, too, and it makes the whole pic looks like a small scale model IMO...it's just weird.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2014, 09:25:02 PM »
I just screen shoot as soon as i start up a track, you know when the camera is spinning around the car.
Yes agreed the dof is very narrow, right on the drivers head.
The showroom isn't working properly atm..

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2014, 09:21:38 AM »
Just thinking about race 2 format, without having tested it properly yet I think that maybe tyre wear should be 100% but just force fuel to not last the race distance. This way it would give more options especially to thise in the gt2 cars as their main advantage over gt3 is better tyres. Force everyone to run hards will take away most of their advantage I think.

I will put up a server tonight with all cars and fuel wear as mentioned in first post so people can give it a try and see how they find it over a longer stint.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2014, 09:59:58 AM »
Fair point Marty. I was aiming for people having to put up with worn tyres at the end of a stint too, but we may still get that at the end of the race if people run the whole 45 mins on one set. It does give people that strategic choice.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2014, 10:04:41 AM »
the question tho: will anyone run hards if they have to pit anyway...?

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2014, 11:02:46 AM »
So how does it work with running custom skins in AC? From what i see you cant pick your skin when you join the room.
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal