Xtreme Gaming Network

Pit lane penalty app: 2.00

Author Topic: Pit lane penalty app: 2.00  (Read 188279 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: New pit lane penalty app: 1.5 for download
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2015, 05:32:08 PM »
I see this in the log Wally if it helps...

Cleaning Python Cache in path apps/python/PitLanePenalty/
Opening PyModule PitLanePenalty
ERROR
PyModule :: Errors occurred loading PitLanePenalty

[PY ERROR]: apps/python/PitLanePenalty\PitLanePenalty.py (76)
ERROR: Python ERROR LOADING MODULE :sys.path.append('apps/python/PitLanePenalty')

Thanks. Someone on the AC forums has posted a fix. I'll look at it tomorrow. It's related to 64 bit, apparently.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2015, 06:00:43 PM »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2015, 06:40:17 PM »
For some reason fixing map-display fixed PLP and Ov1  :o

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/rivali-ov1-info-app-v4-1.3219/page-58#post-559189
A lot of these apps use a shared library, which looks like it has been updated for 64 bit. Thanks for the heads up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: New pit lane penalty app: 1.6 for download
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2015, 12:03:31 AM »
I've uploaded a new version 1.6 in the first post, which is fixed for AC 1.3.

Rolz

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2015, 02:43:33 AM »

Hi Wally - Noticed you don't have the app sub folder inside the zip... might cause some confusion...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2015, 09:55:16 AM »

Hi Wally - Noticed you don't have the app sub folder inside the zip... might cause some confusion...
It starts at the PitLanePenalty folder, doesn't it? Just drop that in your python/apps folder.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2015, 09:34:49 PM »
I noticed in the practice server that entering the server and simply accelerating out of the pit box can generate a speed limit violation, this makes no sense as the auto limiter is at 80 and I got a violation a couple times while doing this. Someone may be lucky enough to get a penalty twice in one stop if they speed in and then the app decides to give them another when exiting the pit box with an auto pit limiter while not speeding at all.

Rolz

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2015, 10:16:57 PM »
that would suck  :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2015, 10:26:43 PM »
I noticed in the practice server that entering the server and simply accelerating out of the pit box can generate a speed limit violation, this makes no sense as the auto limiter is at 80 and I got a violation a couple times while doing this. Someone may be lucky enough to get a penalty twice in one stop if they speed in and then the app decides to give them another when exiting the pit box with an auto pit limiter while not speeding at all.

Yeah, I think I'll disregard pit lane speed penalties as the logic got broken by 1.3 changes that affect telling when you're in pits. It's been reported as a bug by various people. I might reinstate it once (and if) we get an AC fix.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2015, 07:25:13 AM »

Marty: are you sure it was a pit speed limit violation and not a track cut? Never happened to me, but it happened to see a track cut when joining the fast lane from the pit stall...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2015, 02:06:09 PM »
Grat it was definatly pit speed, it happened just as I accelerated from my pit box. It also happened a second time, not sure how it registers that as the car cant go over 80 with auto limiter and the app supposedly wont get you unless your over 90.

I really dont know how this is possible as even if the app thought the pit box wasnt inside the pit, the cars speed still is well under. Pretty sure it got me even before I got to the limiter as I did the burnout.

I did a couple practice entries and this worked well slowing before the kink. I didnt get any speed violations on the entry. But got the second one after the pitstop on the burnout again.  ;D

Even if the penalty osnt enforced irs a very good idea to slow before the pit limiter kicks in. If you go in full speed it will lockup and you can easily end up in the wall.

Rolz

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2015, 02:44:40 PM »
Even if the penalty osnt enforced irs a very good idea to slow before the pit limiter kicks in. If you go in full speed it will lockup and you can easily end up in the wall.

Plus muscle memory for when it does get enforced again  ::)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2016, 10:27:30 AM »
Please re-download version 1.6 from the opening post. All I've changed is to turn off penalties for speeding in pits.

Offline toug

• View Profile
Re: New pit lane penalty app: 1.8 for download
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2016, 06:52:54 AM »
Hi Wally,
Did you see my mail message concerning the rank problem?

Toug.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: New pit lane penalty app: 1.8 for download
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2016, 07:22:20 AM »
Hi Wally,
Did you see my mail message concerning the rank problem?

Toug.

Yeah, I'll get to it :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal