Xtreme Gaming Network

Pit lane penalty app: 2.00

Author Topic: Pit lane penalty app: 2.00  (Read 190357 times)

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: New pit lane penalty app: 1.2 for download
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 06:54:15 PM »
Good one Wally

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 07:14:13 PM »
Just tried it out and it works great. For me, personally speaking, it needs to be much BIGGER!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 08:07:33 AM »
Just tried it out and it works great. For me, personally speaking, it needs to be much BIGGER!!
Really, or is that sarcasm? Is it too big on a single screen? I reckon it's about right.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 09:12:58 AM »
good collaboration Wally and Bird.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 09:34:14 AM »

Really, or is that sarcasm? Is it too big on a single screen? I reckon it's about right.
No it looks good. Just joking..

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 12:40:07 PM »
You had me worried for a moment if there was some sort of resolution gotcha.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2015, 09:47:37 AM »
I wonder if it may be an idea to look into how rsr does cut detection. I think they use tyres dirty along with valid track so this way it picks up when running on astro or extra tarmac on kunos tracks even if they are marked as valid. RSR also still considers kerbs as valid track on all kunos tracks so I guess best to keep it this way.

RSR does do a better job then plp on silverstone for example.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2015, 10:16:37 AM »
I wonder if it may be an idea to look into how rsr does cut detection. I think they use tyres dirty along with valid track so this way it picks up when running on astro or extra tarmac on kunos tracks even if they are marked as valid. RSR also still considers kerbs as valid track on all kunos tracks so I guess best to keep it this way.

RSR does do a better job then plp on silverstone for example.

Yeah, I might talk to those guys. They use compiled python, not readable like most scripts, so I can't see how they do it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2015, 07:28:03 PM »
Yep, it sounds like dirt level in conjunction with track limits is the key.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: New pit lane penalty app: 1.5 for download
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2015, 11:18:13 AM »
Please download a new version (1.5) of the PLP app from the opening post. This version:

• Adds a 10 second post-race time penalty if you speed in pit lane during a race.
  • Adds a 10 second gap between cut penalties.

The app shows a green square when the pit limiter is on and you're below the speed limit, or a red square if you're above the speed limit. This is handy for finding the exact start of the pit lane speed limit, which is not clearly marked on many tracks. This square comes on in prac and qually sessions too, for information only. You can just drive back and forth across the start of pit lane in a practice or qually session to see exactly where the pit limiter comes on. I've set the speed limit to 90 kph, so you don't have to be doing exactly 80 kph as soon as you hit the pit lane entry, to give a little leniency.

The 10 second gap between penalties is so that if you spin badly out of control across the track a couple of times, you'll only get one penalty.

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2015, 12:48:12 PM »
How do you speed in pitlane, doesn't the game slow you automatically, or are we supposed to slow down ourselves before we get to the pit entrance?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2015, 05:00:34 PM »
How do you speed in pitlane, doesn't the game slow you automatically, or are we supposed to slow down ourselves before we get to the pit entrance?
The game applies the pit limiter automatically, but you can still currently speed into pit lane at whatever speed you like. With this, you have to slow to 90 before the pit entrance, where the pit limiter comes on.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2015, 10:10:27 AM »
Hello !!
I cant install the 1.5 version,you know i am very clumsy,i tried to install it but the game says that i still run 1,3,can someone help me?

Graaaaaazie! ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2015, 12:12:15 PM »
Hello !!
I cant install the 1.5 version,you know i am very clumsy,i tried to install it but the game says that i still run 1,3,can someone help me?

Graaaaaazie! ;D

I think it's broken with 1.3. I'll investigate shortly.

Rolz

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2015, 05:23:02 PM »
I see this in the log Wally if it helps...

Cleaning Python Cache in path apps/python/PitLanePenalty/
Opening PyModule PitLanePenalty
ERROR
PyModule :: Errors occurred loading PitLanePenalty

[PY ERROR]: apps/python/PitLanePenalty\PitLanePenalty.py (76)
ERROR: Python ERROR LOADING MODULE :sys.path.append('apps/python/PitLanePenalty')

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal