Xtreme Gaming Network

S5R4: Lotus 98T at Imola - Post Race

Author Topic: S5R4: Lotus 98T at Imola - Post Race  (Read 12640 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S5R4: Lotus 98T at Imola - Post Race
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 05:22:52 PM »
In race 1 I got a good, clean start and found my pace (and place) and tried to keep consistent (70% boost).
Not much dicing but still had fun to get 5th. ;D

Race 2 I had another good start, until I came across a sideways car, with a car on the left and the pit wall on the right, I had no where to go.
After the ensuing carnage I had red wings, red right side and orange right suspension front and rear.
Lost a lap driving back to the pits, lost another lap waiting for repairs.
Managed to come back on track in 17th around Freezer who wasn't 'blue' so I raced.
Managed to stay in front right up until my PC crashed 1 lap from the end, dropping me back to 12th. :(
Still had fun. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 06:19:42 PM »
Very sorry I missed the race - I thought it was Wednesday and was online racing on Marty's server.

won't happen again   :-\

For shame, Phil, for shame :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 06:21:44 PM »
Escaped out to the pits and continued on a lap down.

I'm pretty sure there's still the bug where if you ESC back to the pits and your box is after the start line, you'll go a lap up, so it's still best to avoid escaping back to the pits.
Just on that, I had big damage, Esc to pits and was pretty much instantly ready to drive out repaired.  Sure I lost a lap in the process but no repair time..

See, that's unfair on people who spend time waiting for repairs after pitting properly. Combined with the bug that can put you a lap UP after pressing etc,  I'll have to reiterate the ban on pressing esc.  If your car's that wrecked, it's terminal, and race over.
Actually I totally forgot about the ESC ban.  I just pressed it as I couldn't move the damaged car.  Then knowing I was way out of contention I decided to push on for some fun.  Happy for you to remove my results though..!!

Ah no, no worries.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal