Xtreme Gaming Network

Mar 10: Season 6 Car Testing

Author Topic: Mar 10: Season 6 Car Testing  (Read 43744 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: Mar 10: Season 6 Car Testing
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2015, 09:40:42 PM »
Thanks for replies. It's a NVidia GTX 860m 2GB card, (gaming laptop). Could have been running too hard. Turning V-Sync off definitely helped. Previously I used to run without V-Sync and I pretty much maxed all the GFX settings to try and get to a near constant 60fps. If it keeps happening I'll try turning a few settings down.

Rolz

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 10:15:53 PM »
Hi All,

Sorry for the late notice, but I can't make tomorrow nights race... have fun all! :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2015, 11:43:17 PM »
Is there a race tomorrow? The sign-up thread shows the first race as being the 24th?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2015, 11:46:37 PM »
Thanks for replies. It's a NVidia GTX 860m 2GB card, (gaming laptop). Could have been running too hard. Turning V-Sync off definitely helped. Previously I used to run without V-Sync and I pretty much maxed all the GFX settings to try and get to a near constant 60fps. If it keeps happening I'll try turning a few settings down.

Managed to play a couple of hours with a couple of small glitches but no freezing like yesterday. Annoyingly I did a full hour qualifying then AC crashed on the start line of the race. Again perhaps too hot, will turn down a couple of other graphics settings.

Had another run in the 458 but this time turned ABS, traction and stability off which I found make it play a bit nicer. Managed a 1:50.1 which is my PB but still can't break into the 1:40s :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 08:19:24 AM »
Is there a race tomorrow? The sign-up thread shows the first race as being the 24th?

This entire thread is about tonight's race ;)
It's just a fun run tonight, 3 informal sprints where you can try racing in the different cars. It's not part of the regular season yet. It would be a good idea to come along, fire up Teamspeak etc.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2015, 10:28:02 AM »
Locked server wall?  Is it ok I haven't got TS yet still waiting for a new headset to turn up after mine got eaten lol...I assume we are running at the track on the server at present?   Going to be interesting in a race start with the differences in acceleration between the cars and a flat out first few corners...gulp.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2015, 10:46:45 AM »
I was experiencing the same thing some time ago Joe... I always happened 'around' other cars, ie going past the pits with one or more cars in the pits, giving me one or me freezes per car.

and a new graphics card later :)
In the mean time, may be reduce the graphics, turn down mirror options, smoke and heat shimmer....
others here will know better.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2015, 11:03:04 AM »

This entire thread is about tonight's race ;)
It's just a fun run tonight, 3 informal sprints where you can try racing in the different cars. It's not part of the regular season yet. It would be a good idea to come along, fire up Teamspeak etc.

Hah okay, yeah I'll be there. Will download Teamspeak in a mo and PM you for access.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2015, 11:04:35 AM »
Going to be interesting in a race start with the differences in acceleration between the cars and a flat out first few corners...gulp.

Don't think you have anything to worry about dude, you've been dominating the practice server the last couple of nights!!  :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2015, 11:10:12 AM »
Locked server wall?  Is it ok I haven't got TS yet still waiting for a new headset to turn up after mine got eaten lol...I assume we are running at the track on the server at present?   Going to be interesting in a race start with the differences in acceleration between the cars and a flat out first few corners...gulp.

It will be passworded. 22 slots at Vallelunga, first in, best dressed. I think I already PM'ed you the password.
Even if you just listen to Team speak without a mic, that would be good.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2015, 11:23:35 AM »

Don't think you have anything to worry about dude, you've been dominating the practice server the last couple of nights!!  :D
[/quote]

Ha ha yea seem to be doing good time for x bow I think, but different in traffic can't get good lap times as the braking points mid corner speed is so different, off the line I get killed by ferraris...in fact by everything need to practice starts lol.  I'm crapping myself actually...will be my first race online in 3 years...and struggle with sense of depth view, knowing where other cars are compared to race 07 rfactor, also notice u only have to touch another car and it goes flying..not like rfactor where u can bash door handles ok.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2015, 11:35:17 AM »
Actually just to check...I run hood view...and on my screen 40" led tv the bonnet takes up the whole screen,and vallunga seems quite narrow..is that correct or just me?   Any tips on getting better POV I'm at 120% already on in game settings....temped to get 2 more 40" TVs that would be epic lol :)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2015, 01:23:02 PM »
No, Vallelunga is not too narrow.

I wouldn't use tellys to start with.  They are usually laggier than monitors, etc. But up to you.
We run (a few of us including me) triple monitor setups, it works for a good wide view.   Otherwise (and even on a triple setup tbh), set your "look left/right" buttons up and use them.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2015, 02:09:26 PM »
I'm crapping myself actually...

You and me both. Only been playing AC a few weeks and the only online racing I've done is Forza where people just smash into each other. Think I'm going to be extra cautious.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Mar 10: Season 6 Car Testing
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2015, 03:17:36 PM »
Everyone in the league are pretty careful through the first few corners. We do have our moments however :) Just keep to your side of the track and don't run into the back of anyone. The guys behind you must also make sure they don't run into you. Enjoy!

Get the Helicorsa app. It is fantastic to show you cars in your blind spot -

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?posts/377961/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 03:20:10 PM by Gratulin »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal