Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R1: Nurburgring Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R1: Nurburgring Race Chat  (Read 24199 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S6R1: Nurburgring Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 07:34:46 PM »
What wheel do u run wally?
A Thrustmaster T500.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 10:20:31 AM »
All the practice I'm doing has started to pay off, I've managed a few 2:15s in the 458 which I'm pretty happy with. I tried the merc yesterday which is fun to drive but my times were quite a bit slower.

I think I finally sorted by GPU freeze issue too. I was using an app called fanaleds to have the LEDs on my G27 working in AC. Once I closed that my freeze ups disappeared. Weird thing is I tried closing it once before, and didn't help so perhaps it's on conjunction with something else I changed. Last night I played a few hours with no freeze up and hoping that continues...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 01:11:46 PM »
Joe Ive been using fanaleds woth no issues, its more likely to be a 3rd party python app as these tend to break things at times. I know when I tried OV1 things turned to crap and so I havent used that since. Also Ptracker at times with large fields tends to effect my fps but fine with up to abput 15 on it just get worse with 24 or more and live sector data.

Still the shift lights on a g27 are more gimmick then a feature and pretty useless, if they werent on I wpuldnt even notice I think. I use dashmeter pro for my dash data and shift lights. Way more usefull then those tiny little lights on the g27.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 01:14:58 PM by marty »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 03:07:54 PM »
Joe Ive been using fanaleds woth no issues, its more likely to be a 3rd party python app as these tend to break things at times. I know when I tried OV1 things turned to crap and so I havent used that since. Also Ptracker at times with large fields tends to effect my fps but fine with up to abput 15 on it just get worse with 24 or more and live sector data.

Still the shift lights on a g27 are more gimmick then a feature and pretty useless, if they werent on I wpuldnt even notice I think. I use dashmeter pro for my dash data and shift lights. Way more usefull then those tiny little lights on the g27.

Thanks for the info Marty. I'm using both OV1 and PTracker so if I experience issues again I'll try turning those off.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 06:35:50 PM »
Records on the practice server at Nurburgring:

Marty Cervenks_mercedes_190_evo202:11.139
Matthew111ks_alfa_romeo_155_v602:11.768
JeyBeeferrari_f4002:13.729
Marty Cervenferrari_45802:13.876
Marty Cervenktm_xbow_r02:14.507

andyo450    bmw_m3_e30_gra    02:15.433
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 06:40:20 PM »
I still need a car selection from the following people:

Bafs17
G0RGAK
Jeremy
Marty
Matthew111
Perch
Rolz
StanDaam
Wobblyone

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2015, 08:19:39 PM »
Wally could you password the practice server please tried running laps there and a few too many random idiots, which cant be kicked.

Still havent made up my mind yet on the car but comfirmed the Alfa is clearly the fastest here , definitely not going the bmw grp A as even the DTM I am 3 seconds slower then the Alfa and 5 seconds slower in the grp A. I tried the Ruf and its way too slow here anyway so wouldnt want it anymore anyway. Pretty close between KTM, f40, and 458 which are similar to the times I can do in the e30 DTM.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 08:23:21 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2015, 09:09:30 PM »
Wally could you password the practice server please tried running laps there and a few too many random idiots, which cant be kicked.
Yup, done.

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2015, 07:59:35 PM »
I will be there tomorrow night BUT will be a tad late.
I may miss R1. Will try to get there b4 it

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 10:42:43 PM »
I will be there tomorrow night BUT will be a tad late.
I may miss R1. Will try to get there b4 it
Well, your car will be there waiting for you.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 04:33:26 PM »
Looking forward to tonight. Bit worried about taking people out. Usually I find I let people by as I worry too much about taking them out...

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2015, 04:35:13 PM »
Well, if the choice is letting them pass you or taking them out, then you certainly making the right decision. :)
If someone is clearly faster, let them have it.  Nobody wins when it comes to too much tussles.  Altho a little friendly door-banging is always fun :D

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2015, 04:38:11 PM »
don't worry joe u should find ur pace and have a relative speed to the guys around you....if its ur first race u are gonna be stressed but try your best to enjoy it..if u hit your usual markers etc just keep your line and pace its the other guys job to get past cleanly, unless blue flags then try to roll out of the way best u can...if u do make a mistake in the race and take someone else out...u wont be the first or last of us to do it ;)  just enjoy my friend and with time the pace will come :)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2015, 05:04:04 PM »
Actually, even with a blue flag, don't do the unexpected and scramble out of the way instantly.  Often the best thing is just to keep going. If your normal speed is slower anyway, they'll easily get on the inside to the next corner.  Don't close the door on them, that's all. 

I think the exception is if someone behind is clearly faster in laptime, but their car has no top speed; in that case it's nice to give up the inside line to them, and stick to one side of the track until they're past.   

In any case, try to avoid sudden direction changes or slowdowns, they can lead to accidents (eg if someone is right behind you trying to get a draft; lifting for them is a sure way to end up in a tangle)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2015, 05:08:57 PM »
If you happen to take out a bunch of Alfa's and Merc's I cant see any issues with that.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal