Xtreme Gaming Network

testing out some video for the league races

Author Topic: testing out some video for the league races  (Read 7275 times)

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
testing out some video for the league races
« on: April 01, 2015, 09:51:53 PM »
Decided to try my hand again at making the league race videos, for those of you who remember the videos I used to make, they showed the start and the highlights of battles and crashes through the race.

As there are 3 races I will make 3 separate videos and I think I'll make them in 720p just to try keep the filesize down unless people are not fussed and are happy with the at 1080p.  I'm not sure this link will work for those not on my facebook page..

This shows just a snip of the start, I'm going to redo it as the cars even when recorded in 2.6gb fraps file were ghosting in the play back.. not sure why as I'm getting 30fps. So I will change a few camera angles and see which one works best.

I will however need the qualifying positions for each race if I'm going to put them in the beginning and then I can put finishing positions in credits.

put it on youtube for now, but do not wish to upload the full videos there.
[youtube]Xd5A9XbPxwQ[/youtube]
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:33:31 PM by Shameless_1 »
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Rolz

Re: testing out some video for the league races
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 10:41:05 PM »
phwaaar.... talk about teaser!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 11:06:47 PM »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 12:42:04 AM »
Would be nice to see some race highlight videos, one thing id suggest from that video is to not use frame blending within the video editor as it makes it hard to watch IMHO. If your computer can handle motion blur during capture then capturing at 30fps is going to look much better in a video with some motion blur in game. But software frame blending like that just makes it more of a ghost effect so its quite different to motion blur which is the effect I think you were trying to get.

Here is a basic edit I made not of a league race just a little fun run on one of my servers, I never use the editors frame blending just more try to get a nice clean capture. There is much more that can be done in editing but I dont really have the patience for that and so just make the odd basic video which doesnt take that long compared to sorting through and finding highlights through the race which is a much bigger task so good luck with that.  ;D

[youtube]unK1mLsiy2g[/youtube]

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 08:01:17 AM »
Nice race with #22 Marty.

Shameless, you can also use the positions graph in the race results to see when two drivers swapped positions, or someone's position plummeted, to help you find some action.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 10:50:55 AM »
Number 22 was the famous Micheal Hornbuckle lol, also he is from the US on my aussie server so shows netcode can be good with solid connections. Still has issues when peoples pings climb as can be seen even racing locals in league races. Would be nice if Kunos can do something about this, at the very least disable collisions on cars who lose too many packets or ping climbs a certain amount which is when the warps happen. Those cars are great fun to race and was a fair bjt of good side by side racing with only 1 minor contact from me when the guy inside locked up and gave me a bunmp mid race.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 03:53:09 PM »
I wasn't using any effects at all. It's how it plays on the replay from the static cam. but it worsened once it was in the editor.. As you can see by the end as the cars are driving away from a static cam theres no ghosting or blurring.  The only effect I use in my videos is fading out and in between scenes that's all. Which this video doesn't contain.  It's a straight record and encode.

Just going to record the clips now and see how I go.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 04:51:46 PM »
If you pause the video in just about any spot you will see that there are 3 of each car, one is normal and the other 2 are ghosts. This looks like frame blending in the editor not sure what software your using but best to check this is disabled. Here is a freeze frame from your video and it shows what Im trying to say but in 1000 words.  ;)

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 05:57:05 PM »
Marty using fraps it records like this in a 2.65gb file.. as I said in my original post. I haven't added any effects and neither has the editor.. just watching the replay with that static cam shows the same. It is the game..  even now I'm further into making clips even inside cockpit view the cars are jumping around the screen on and off.. it has nothing to do with the editor.. any faults you see in these videoes will be faults of the game.

The only thing I do need is to buy the SSD and the price just went up about $60 thanks to the crap exchangerate.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 06:03:19 PM »
Then I wouldnt say the error is the fault of the game but a fault of fraps in how it captures the game, there is no way there is any ghosting going on in a rendered image like that. A very bad monitor could show some slight ghosting but nothing like that you can freeze frame any part of the video I uploaded and you wont see anything like that.  ;)

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 07:21:01 PM »
it's not as bad in the replay ingame but its still ghosting at that particular point only..

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 02:56:33 PM »
nice replays Marty, making me 'AC-home sick',
keep them coming :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal