Xtreme Gaming Network

Web Based Server Manager

Author Topic: Web Based Server Manager  (Read 77601 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: Web Based Server Manager
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 04:11:28 PM »
Joe,

In using to setup for tonight I identified 2 features that are probably needed:

1. Allow choosing drivers from a list of drivers plus GUIDs similar to how cars and tracks are selected. This list could be defined perhaps in a text file which we already have. - found the save driver option :)

2. Provide ability to save multiple configurations (you obviously realise this one already)/ Howeer, I have run into the situation for tonight that I cannot setup the server with GUIDs because I don't have one driver's GUID. Therefore I have set up a password server. It would be good to be able to setup all the other drivers now and then add the new driver later. Then just swap configs. This would also allow me to re-order the entry list for a reverse grid in the second race.

Thanks. Hope you realise this is not a request/demand. I'm just delighted to see such a tool and thought these features would be good.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 04:15:09 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 04:27:09 PM »

Server's up - "AUS XGN Cobra Cup Season 6 RACE"

@Gratulin ++

"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2015, 10:02:26 AM »
found the save driver option :)

Yeah I hid that pretty well, maybe it should be text and not an icon to make it more obvious :)

2. Provide ability to save multiple configurations (you obviously realise this one already)/ Howeer, I have run into the situation for tonight that I cannot setup the server with GUIDs because I don't have one driver's GUID. Therefore I have set up a password server. It would be good to be able to setup all the other drivers now and then add the new driver later. Then just swap configs. This would also allow me to re-order the entry list for a reverse grid in the second race.

I'll add this, it's the one thing the web tool doesn't have that the windows one does. I'll probably separate our saving entry lists and all the other server configuration settings though.

Next thing I'd like to do is parse the server output and save qually results so that it would be possible to load an entry list in order of the qually. From there I can add buttons to reverse or randomise the entry list.

I assume to do a fixed position grid, you just turn off the qualification session, and it will start in order of the entry list?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2015, 10:23:50 AM »
found the save driver option :)

Yeah I hid that pretty well, maybe it should be text and not an icon to make it more obvious :)

I'll add this, it's the one thing the web tool doesn't have that the windows one does. I'll probably separate our saving entry lists and all the other server configuration settings though.

Next thing I'd like to do is parse the server output and save qually results so that it would be possible to load an entry list in order of the qually. From there I can add buttons to reverse or randomise the entry list.

I assume to do a fixed position grid, you just turn off the qualification session, and it will start in order of the entry list?
Joe,

After i used it last night I was thinking about how to easily make a reverse grid. A possible approach would be to do it manually. I can see the qual results from the stracker tool or in game. If you were able to enter the position number alongside each driver in the driver list and then do different sorts based on that number it would actually work quite well. Once server plugins are released then this could just get the position number from the server plugin. The advantage of this approach is that I scould order the drivers in anyway I wanted eg. there are 3 or 4 drivers who want to "crash though" the field. Most others just want to remain in there normal order or random.

Couple of other points:

1. I kept making a mistake with the Max Client number. Could this be set automatically based on driver numbers?
2. I kept adding drivers with wrong skin and then had to remove them to change the skin.
3. It would be fantastic to be able to enter the Race start time and then automatically set Practice duration when starting the server to have the Race start at that time.

Again, thanks for the tool. Last night we made config changes, adding drivers, deleting drivers, changing tracks. All things I would not have attempted without this tool.

Cheers
Andrew

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2015, 11:01:40 AM »
The server doesn't currently support fixed position entry lists unless you hack the server, which I have done for Tuesday nights.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2015, 11:06:06 AM »
The server doesn't currently support fixed position entry lists unless you hack the server, which I have done for Tuesday nights.

Damn, won't be possible to do a proper reverse grid then.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2015, 11:14:48 AM »

Couple of other points:

1. I kept making a mistake with the Max Client number. Could this be set automatically based on driver numbers?
2. I kept adding drivers with wrong skin and then had to remove them to change the skin.
3. It would be fantastic to be able to enter the Race start time and then automatically set Practice duration when starting the server to have the Race start at that time.

1. Yeah I can do that, I wonder if there is ever a scenario where the max client number doesn't match the entry list length, probably not.
2. Can probably add inline editing for that
3. Again, it's doable :)

Will add them to the list of improvements.

I'm glad it will get more use now as it will help find any bugs etc. I've been running it on my server for a while, but I never race on that server,  I just change the track and cars from time to time :)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2015, 11:59:00 AM »

Couple of other points:

1. Yeah I can do that, I wonder if there is ever a scenario where the max client number doesn't match the entry list length, probably not.
2. Can probably add inline editing for that
3. Again, it's doable :)

Will add them to the list of improvements.

I'm glad it will get more use now as it will help find any bugs etc. I've been running it on my server for a while, but I never race on that server,  I just change the track and cars from time to time :)
Perhaps we run some XGN Friday races on your server to test options?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2015, 03:02:56 PM »
If you want it 'easy enough for an idiot to use', I can test that for you. :o

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2015, 04:06:59 PM »
If you want it easy enough for a perverted sociopath with an intellectual disability to use, I think Marty might be free?

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2015, 02:07:28 PM »
Thanks to Joe, and to Gratulin for updating my server with "stuff" over lunch I setup and have the server and stracker running (and stopping) via the app.  Noice!

thinking....
where does it get the GUIDs from?
are they persistent once entered?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2015, 03:59:46 PM »
Thanks to Joe, and to Gratulin for updating my server with "stuff" over lunch I setup and have the server and stracker running (and stopping) via the app.  Noice!

thinking....

Click the icon next to the name textbox to load the player manager. Players entered there are persisted to a json file. Gratulin sent me a copy with all xgn guids in. Can send it over once I get home

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Web Based Server Manager
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2015, 04:09:50 PM »

thinking....

Click the icon next to the name textbox to load the player manager. Players entered there are persisted to a json file. Gratulin sent me a copy with all xgn guids in. Can send it over once I get home
@flattop check your PMs - I sent you a copy of the guid json file with all the XGN names from the online Google sheet.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2015, 04:24:08 PM »
top stuff Gratulin, got it...

last question (for now) in which directory does it go?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2015, 04:36:54 PM »
top stuff Gratulin, got it...

last question (for now) in which directory does it go?
There is an existing drivers.json file. Just replace that one. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal